Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

Favicon

Just a small thing, but I have updated the forum favicon to match that of the main site.

Wooted by:

#2 Before February 2015

Shesiressu

Re: Favicon

Whats a favicon?

Wooted by:

#3 Before February 2015

GangRape

whats a favicon?

Last edited by GangRape (Aug 24 2010 5:13:36 pm)

Wooted by:

#4 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Oh, I noticed that. I was thinking, "why does this have the ee icon and say ee, yet it's the forums?" Perhaps you should change it to a different icon to avoid confusion between the forums and the game?

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Wooted by:

#5 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

A favicon is the little icon on top of your screen next to the address bar.

Wooted by:

#6 Before February 2015

pimanrules

Could you make it different from the EE one? If they have the same favicon and beginning of their title, I'm constantly going to get the tabs confused.

So, RPGMaster2000....

Wooted by:

#7 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

That's about time, looks nice. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

pimanrules wrote:

So, RPGMaster2000....

Yeeesss...? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Last edited by RPGMaster2000 (Aug 25 2010 12:44:45 am)

Wooted by:

#8 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

Hmm, yeah, I can see how that could get confusing. If you'd like to suggest a different favicon, be my guest.

Wooted by:

#9 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

Cyclone wrote:

Hmm, yeah, I can see how that could get confusing. If you'd like to suggest a different favicon, be my guest.

Maybe you should do the shades smiley for it, since this place is black and cool

Wooted by:

#10 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

Shy Guy wrote:
Cyclone wrote:

Maybe you should do the shades smiley for it, since this place is black and cool

I second this motion. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

Wooted by:

#11 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

Okay, give me the image in .ico format.

Wooted by:

#12 Before February 2015

Atik

Cyclone wrote:

I would actually suggest changing the forum title (like EE Forums) or something like that. If you do change it to that, I will gladly change the title of my site to EE Fan Forums so people don't get ours confused //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue I like the favicon though //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile I made one for mine with a halo so they wouldn't get confused with this one or the site. And it may be just me, but wasn't that there already?

Edit:

Cyclone wrote:

Okay, give me the image in .ico format.

If you give me until later tonight, I can do it for you //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile just send me a PM please as I won't be home for 3 hours (student orientation at DeVry University). Thanks //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Edit2: Here, I actually had a few spare minutes. I hope you like it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

http://www.sendspace.com/file/o185dx (.ico format)

Preview (.png format):
eeforumsicon.png

Last edited by Odysseus (Aug 26 2010 6:12:32 pm)

Wooted by:

#13 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

It's got a bit of a border that looks ugly in Chrome as a favicon, I'd imagine the black edges show up in other browsers as well. Thank you though! I'll probably just ask Chris for the actual image he used.

RE: Forum name change

Good point, but I'll ask Chris what he thinks a better name would be first.

Wooted by:

#14 Before February 2015

pimanrules

Here's the original (ripped from Facebook):

8shades.png

And here's an ico version, with the added white border to make it look a bit more like the EE one:

8c09634fbc7ca085133915e9474cd3b20dc20a0b.ico

Wooted by:

#15 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

I'd like the actual image, if that's okay. Thank you anyway!

Wooted by:

#16 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

Alright, we now have the actual official image. Chris sent me a spritesheet, I cropped and converted to ico.

I don't think the actual forum name needs to be changed now, not if the favicon is already different.

Wooted by:

#17 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

Cyclone wrote:

Alright, we now have the actual official image. Chris sent me a spritesheet, I cropped and converted to ico.

I don't think the actual forum name needs to be changed now, not if the favicon is already different.

Looking good! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Wooted by:

#18 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

RPGMaster2000 wrote:
Cyclone wrote:

Looking good! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Thanks to my fabulous idea.

Wooted by:

#19 Before February 2015

Flare

Well, either way I still get confused between the tabs since the shapes are similar and I constantly switch, but whatever.

Wooted by:

#20 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

Just look for the glasses to know it's the forum.

Wooted by:

#21 Before February 2015

Flare

Don't you think it's possible that some of the better artists on here (such as RPGMaster) can create a favicon of epic proportions? The //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool smiley just seems too... plain, I suppose.

Wooted by:

#22 Before February 2015

Alex

Flare wrote:

Don't you think it's possible that some of the better artists on here (such as RPGMaster) can create a favicon of epic proportions? The //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool smiley just seems too... plain, I suppose.

Epic crave dig.

Also, it's really hard to make something epic in 16X16 space.

Wooted by:

#23 Before February 2015

Flare

Maybe a small logo that says EE made by RPGMaster?

Wooted by:

#24 Before February 2015

Alex

qslis7.jpg

Like that?

Wooted by:

#25 Before February 2015

Flare

Ugh. No. Look in his signature. Instead of having the full fledged 'Everybody Edits' with a fancy background, just have the two 'E's. and the Globe made small. Like, extremely small.

Wooted by:
Meredith 142394962611806

Board footer