Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

guwa

How do I reduce the frequency of my arrows locking?

Because recently, it's been getting a whole lot more frequent than before. My right is locking on literally 50% of my presses, and my left is locking still fairly frequently. Is there anything I can do to stop this?

Last edited by guwa (Oct 10 2010 3:08:50 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

MIHB

Re: How do I reduce the frequency of my arrows locking?

I have no idea what causes that, but you could switch to WASD.

#3 Before February 2015

MageBomb

Hey that's happens to me too! Sometimes my smiley just goes right/left until I click the arrows on the keyboard and then it stops. And I hate using WASD as I'm not used to it.

#4 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

Same here. I lose to a lot of levels and bosses that way!

#5 Before February 2015

I Like This Game2

It's an annoying thing! I hate it when that happens!

#6 Before February 2015

Dayimo

Four words: It's annoying!!!!

#7 Before February 2015

Alex

Dayimo wrote:

Four words: It's annoying!!!!

superior math skills.

Also if it's too much of a problem get a new keyboard or something, mine doesn't lock at all ;-;

#8 Before February 2015

robotnikfart

1. Four
2. words
3. It's
4. annoying

You have superior math skills too, alex.

#9 Before February 2015

Alex

robotnikfart wrote:

1. Four
2. words
3. It's
4. annoying

You have superior math skills too, alex.

Saying 'fours words:' implies that four words will follow the colon, and are not counted, the' ___ words:' is an introduction to the statement, and is not the statement itself.

How awful would it sound if someone said to you
"I have nine words for you: I hate you!"
(ignoring the fact that the introduction to a statement by telling one the length of the statement is extremely awkward and strange, of course).

He used four words, sure, but the use of his [silly] phrase is still incorrect.

Last edited by alex (Oct 15 2010 10:42:46 pm)

#10 Before February 2015

boxfactory

@MIHB "I have no idea what causes that, but you could switch to WASD."

I just tried out WASD for an entire level. It wasn't easy to say the least. I had to switch back to arrows in order to climb C jumps (or E jumps). The point being, WASD feels awkward for some, but I'm willing to guess that most people use arrow keys as most people are right handed.

#11 Before February 2015

Alex

boxfactory wrote:

I just tried out WASD for an entire level. It wasn't easy to say the least. I had to switch back to arrows in order to climb C jumps (or E jumps). The point being, WASD feels awkward for some, but I'm willing to guess that most people use arrow keys as most people are right handed.

Indeed wasd is very awkward for most non-hardcore gamers.

If this is too problematic then try cleaning your keyboard with one of those air-sol cans, it might help. Otherwise get a new keyboard, they're only like 10 bucks if you don't use wireless.

#12 Before February 2015

boxfactory

alex wrote:
boxfactory wrote:

Indeed wasd is very awkward for most non-hardcore gamers.

If this is too problematic then try cleaning your keyboard with one of those air-sol cans, it might help. Otherwise get a new keyboard, they're only like 10 bucks if you don't use wireless.

Hey Alex,

Sorry for taking this thread a little off-topic, but WASD will never feel comfortable for some, if not most people IMO(No matter how clean their keyboard is).

With that said, thanks again for your warm welcome. PM me if you make any cool levels I should try. I'll be sure to play both styles with a clean keyboard. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

guwa 1423855530105902

Board footer