Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

BadFurDay

Paypal & contacting the admin?

Hi everyone,
I've been using EE for now a couple months, and finding it awesome. I've been making levels for a while now, and am always sad to see them go.

I'd love to sign up for the beta program, 10$ is definitely a cheaper than cheap price, just so I can keep my levels.
However, I am in a VERY litigious situation with Paypal since this summer (talking about a thousand dollar there), and am definitely not willing to go through them. Would there be an alternative to paying with Paypal? I thought the deal would settle and I could just get my beta account, but it's going deeper and deeper and I simply have no will to use Paypal ever again.
I don't know whether the EE admin reads these boards. If he does not, could someone tell me where to contact him? I am willing to pay in any other way, since I really love EE and feel so damn frustrated to lose every weekend the level I spend days designing.

Thanks in advance to whoever can give me a reply,

My hopes are thin, but at least I've got some.

#2 Before February 2015

Alex

Re: Paypal & contacting the admin?

Chris isn't very active on the forums, but some people who know him and contact him directly are here quite often.
I'm sure he can work out something with you, from what I gathered when I donated, he's a pretty reasonable guy.

I don't know he's email, as the messages I've received from the newsletter tend to have changing adresses, but I'm sure someone can help.

Gl, dude.

#3 Before February 2015

BadFurDay

Thanks for the reply, alex.
If anyone could get me in contact with Chris, or attract his attention towards this thread, it would be really great //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile Huge thanks to whoever could do that. Mondays at work are so dull, nothing at all happens, that's the kind of moments when I wish I could have that damn save feature!

#4 Before February 2015

Xpo20

:|Actually, on paypal, you can just pay with a credit card without signing in.

#5 Before February 2015

BadFurDay

Xpo20 wrote:

:|Actually, on paypal, you can just pay with a credit card without signing in.

Yes, you indeed can //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
Except given the current litigious situation and my account being temporarily closed, it refuses to let me use my credit card (the error message is, roughly translated from french, telling me that I am not allowed to use said credit card number to pay for things on paypal, and tells me to input another credit card number - which I obviously don't possess).

Thanks for the hand, but sadly my situation with Paypal is quite desperate right now.

#6 Before February 2015

BadFurDay

Well, nevermind the thread, got it all sorted out now //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

A coworker agreed to lend me her paypal tomorrow. We really have nothing better to do than play EE during the slow early week days, as sad as it sounds.

I'll have to ask an extra question before I get in, that'll spoil the surprise, but whatever!

How many levels is one allowed to save at a time? Can you have an infinity of levels saved, but only a few ones hosted? Or a limited of levels saved?

#7 Before February 2015

MIHB

BadFurDay wrote:

Well, nevermind the thread, got it all sorted out now //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

A coworker agreed to lend me her paypal tomorrow. We really have nothing better to do than play EE during the slow early week days, as sad as it sounds.

I'll have to ask an extra question before I get in, that'll spoil the surprise, but whatever!

How many levels is one allowed to save at a time? Can you have an infinity of levels saved, but only a few ones hosted? Or a limited of levels saved?

1 at a time.   Definitely better know that before spending $10.

#8 Before February 2015

BadFurDay

MIHB wrote:

1 at a time.   Definitely better know that before spending $10.

Thanks!

Well, I feel underwhelmed by that, but regardless, it's not like $10 is a huge sum, I'll do with what I get //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
Going to add a second question to that!

Once you made and saved said level, is it "perma-hosted" or do you need to be in at all time in order for someone to join it if they have the "share level" link to the level?

Not sure how clear my question is, but I'm sure someone will get it... :/

Last edited by BadFurDay (Oct 25 2010 3:06:41 pm)

#9 Before February 2015

Watashii

^ People can join the level through a share-link without anyone being in the level, but the level won't show up in the lobby unless there is at least 1 person on it.

#10 Before February 2015

BadFurDay

Perfect! Thank you //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

BadFurDay 1423855603105829

Board footer