Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 Before February 2015

gustav9797

Re: What kind of bot the community needs.

0176 wrote:

WorldEdit plugin in Minecraft.

Yes, a player puts two special blocks then does !set blockid, you want randomized too? !set 50%8,30%9,20&19

hummerz5 wrote:
?tilla wrote:

The only problem with fully detecting movements is that you will have to some intense calculations, and also detect if there
is any arrows in the way.

I've tried working with that. I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I plot the points out on an image of the minimap, but the users just don't move with the physics... meh.

Also. Someone said something about lagging with chat and coins. You could write a bot to see if someone's hitting coins excessively in a time period and kick them. (Assuming you own the level)

And then there's the troll who doesn't use god mode trolling next to AFKs. You could see who's in range to troll, yes. You could also keep a record of who was in the area when the troll happened. Then, if it appears elsewhere, check the new list against the old list.

And then there's the people who will point all the flaws in my statements. ^.^

I see

EDIT: I'm currently using "this.connection.Send(this.key, new object[] { 0, x, y, 9 });" to place blocks, but it seems that it has outdated :S, can anyone PM me the right code?

Last edited by gustav9797 (Nov 29 2012 4:03:20 am)

uzjIGfi.gif

#27 Before February 2015

hummerz5

Maybe you don't need to create a new object every time?
this.key, 0, x, y, 9

#28 Before February 2015

capasha

I guess he is trying to do a rot13 on message 3 instead of message 5.

#29 Before February 2015

gustav9797

xD I found that in the old GBot, so I thought of using it. Though works now. If you want to watch me debug, join http://everybodyedits.com/games/PW1IPLpnFZbEI

EDIT: worldedit has now been added to the bot, it's running on http://everybodyedits.com/games/PW1IPLpnFZbEI . C: 1337
Put a smiley block at two positions and it will draw a rect between them. Pick block using !block.

Last edited by gustav9797 (Nov 29 2012 11:23:33 am)

uzjIGfi.gif

#30 Before February 2015

Arceus64

There needs to be a bot that displays how many coins each player in the world currently has at the top of the screen. Highly impossible, but I'm just brainstorming here.

#31 Before February 2015

capasha

It's possible if you use an embedded flashobject for EE in the form, there you use the bot.
Coin counting works too.

#32 Before February 2015

Helvi

A bot which makes coffee for me everytime I pick up a coin.

Hi.

#33 Before February 2015

gustav9797

Arceus64 wrote:

There needs to be a bot that displays how many coins each player in the world currently has at the top of the screen. Highly impossible, but I'm just brainstorming here.

You mean writing in EE? The only limit for this would be the space for the text, if there are many players online.

uzjIGfi.gif

#34 Before February 2015

Arceus64

gustav9797 wrote:
Arceus64 wrote:

You mean writing in EE? The only limit for this would be the space for the text, if there are many players online.

I know, that's why it would be highly impossible, unless there was a controlled limit on how many players there could be tracked at a certain time (e.g. 10 people allowed to be coin-tracked in a certain area of the level).

Last edited by Arceus64 (Nov 29 2012 3:49:24 pm)

#35 Before February 2015

gustav9797

I have the block-writing-text code ready in GBot, and it's good. It's not impossible //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

uzjIGfi.gif

#36 Before February 2015

Bobithan

How about a bot that times each user's time completing the world. The clock starts for the user when they first move, and the clock stops when they hit the trophy block. The bot should also archive all of the times and have a little leaderboard automatically made. This would be very good for speedrun worlds, and might make those kinds of worlds even more popular.

aka towwl

#37 Before February 2015

hummerz5

Or the bot could periodically replace the old users with the newer users. (In relations of when the last coin was collected)

Timing the completion of the world? Simple. :3

#38 Before February 2015

Koto

Bobithan wrote:

A bot which fills up an area like a fill tool. All you need to do is run the bot, then wherever you click with a certain color it fills up the area with what you just used.

That already exists.

#39 Before February 2015

gustav9797

Bobithan wrote:

How about a bot that times each user's time completing the world. The clock starts for the user when they first move, and the clock stops when they hit the trophy block. The bot should also archive all of the times and have a little leaderboard automatically made. This would be very good for speedrun worlds, and might make those kinds of worlds even more popular.

Good idea!
Now I must put all ideas in one place, or I might forget them xD

uzjIGfi.gif

#40 Before February 2015

Persona

A bot like Chris Kringle = God

#41 Before February 2015

gustav9797

The base is almost done now, added handlers for most of the messages and a player class with data, just need to do the last messages now.

Remember to look what I do in here: http://everybodyedits.com/games/PW1IPLpnFZbEI

uzjIGfi.gif

#42 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

gustav9797 wrote:

But again, the ones who are legitimately using godmode and aren't on the whitelist get kicked. Also people can't trust ones on the whitelist fully.

You could, in a sense, find out who built what by remembering the brick coordinates and then matching them to the list of god-using people.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#43 Before February 2015

ugotpwned

?tilla wrote:

The only problem with fully detecting movements is that you will have to some intense calculations, and also detect if there

Not that intense, It gives the coordinates in pixels, so just divide by 16.

Ex.

1600 / 16 = 100 = x coordinate
160 / 16 = 10 = y coordinate

#44 Before February 2015

gustav9797

UgotPwned wrote:
?tilla wrote:

Not that intense, It gives the coordinates in pixels, so just divide by 16.

Ex.

1600 / 16 = 100 = x coordinate
160 / 16 = 10 = y coordinate

Not true. It only sends the coordinates when you push down or release a WASD key. But that position is not fully reliable..

uzjIGfi.gif

#45 Before February 2015

ugotpwned

@Gustav It doesn't have to be, unless it requires to be absolute, you could just check the column or row.

Last edited by UgotPwned (Nov 30 2012 1:14:18 pm)

#46 Before February 2015

Processor

A bot detector bot...

Kick other people with bots

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#47 Before February 2015

gustav9797 wrote:

EDIT: worldedit has now been added to the bot, it's running on http://everybodyedits.com/games/PW1IPLpnFZbEI . C: 1337
Put a smiley block at two positions and it will draw a rect between them. Pick block using !block.

Awesome. I wasn't even expecting someone to take it seriously, but that sounds nice.

#48 Before February 2015

gustav9797

Update: http://ccsrv.tk/update.png

Teh pic says it all.

uzjIGfi.gif

#49 Before February 2015

hummerz5

UgotPwned wrote:

@Gustav It doesn't have to be, unless it requires to be absolute, you could just check the column or row.

Nuu. The message concerning user movement is only sent when the user changes velocity and/or direction.
So, if I hold a key forever, you don't know where I am until I release it. :3
Or what about gravity arrows? I push myself away, you don't know where I am anymore.

Processor -- that could be used to kick the basic bots. Just put a coin directly under the spawn point. Only real users and more advanced bots would think to collect the coin.

#50 Before February 2015

hummerz5

gustav9797142392093240500

Board footer