Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Rurigok

Planet Talos II

My 2nd map (since I joined these forums, anyway) is complete - Planet Talos II. It is an adventure/minigame map in the theme of an entire planet and the solar system outside.   The goal of the level, of course, is to complete it and get the crown, but the REAL goal is to get all 55 coins. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

A quick tip: think before you jump on the surface of the planet. You can easily accelerate past escape velocity and fall right out of the planet's gravitational pull, only to be flung to the start.

http://everybodyedits.com/?/je-Planet-Talos-II

Comments, questions, suggestions, and etc may be posted here. Constructive criticism only, please. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Special thanks to:
Bass-5098
EX Crew (some of their challenges inspired several of mine)
Cyclone

Screenshots:
pti.png
pt2.png

Last edited by Rurigok (Aug 12 2010 1:03:42 am)

Wooted by:

#2 Before February 2015

Jimmie

Re: Planet Talos II

Constructive criticism only, please.

Not that we're going to flame you, anyway.
I like the level. Oh, and the gravitational pull thing. Creepy. I had to restart the level //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Wooted by:

#3 Before February 2015

mustang

I'm happy we were able to inspire you Rurigok. I thought your map was original and highly creative in the use of gravity arrows. It was open-ended which was also uncommon and I liked the feeling of adventure from having to explore the entire planet to collect all of the coins, which were thankfully not tossed around the map in the hundreds (I dislike maps that abuse coins).

I do believe you could have made the minimap much more attractive with additional art and colors, as the planet was rather brown and drab. Space also felt oddly constrained since it only existed at the top of the map and you could not float around in it via dots, but I also understand it was a personal design choice on your part.

Overall it was a unique but short map, and I'm sure your third one will be even better as you gain more experience as a map maker.

As a side note, I saved this map for you just in case it crashes like your other one did. Search out MFL or myself if you need it reposted.

Last edited by mustang (Aug 12 2010 3:55:02 am)

Wooted by:

#4 Before February 2015

Rurigok

Actually, I would appreciate it if you could restore it - I lost it sometime between 3 and 6 am MST - my internet must've crashed.

Wooted by:

#5 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

Mustang, that was very kind of you, thank you very much!

Wooted by:

#6 Before February 2015

mustang

Rurigok wrote:

Actually, I would appreciate it if you could restore it - I lost it sometime between 3 and 6 am MST - my internet must've crashed.

Your map is back up: http://everybodyedits.com/?/17k-Planet-Talos-II. I have PMed you the pass.

I hope it lasts until you return.

Last edited by mustang (Aug 12 2010 3:15:17 pm)

#7 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

I'll nudge him on MSN.

#8 Before February 2015

Rurigok

I was recently watching a person progress through the level - I found many "impossible" areas to get through on the bottom side of the planet, that somehow, I overlooked. Everything has been fixed now, and I have tested the level from start to finish without god mode.

I also have added a single blue coin somewhere in the map, easily accessible, but hidden. See if you can find it!

Last edited by Rurigok (Aug 12 2010 5:11:16 pm)

#9 Before February 2015

mustang

Rurigok wrote:

I was recently watching a person progress through the level - I found many "impossible" areas to get through on the bottom side of the planet, that somehow, I overlooked. Everything has been fixed now, and I have tested the level from start to finish without god mode.

I also have added a single blue coin somewhere in the map, easily accessible, but hidden. See if you can find it!

I wish I could have tried the revised map, I did wonder why navigating the planet was that difficult.

At least you had a chance to let others try your map! Hopefully it lasted longer the second time.

Rurigok 1423775403186029

Board footer