Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#201 Before February 2015

Wolf exile1

Re: Everybody Edits Halloween 2011: The winners!

Ultra lamb and megalamb are the same person. The art isnt really great nor is the minis.

Same goes to children of the pie except without the same person thing.

Wooted by: (2)

#202 Before February 2015

xXExpress0Xx

calculusguy wrote:

So I had to read this entire thread... And found that EX crew didn't win? Chris's friends=noobs.

EX Crew's contest map was a complete joke that was meant to lose.

#203 Before February 2015

Cyral

calculusguy wrote:

So I had to read this entire thread... And found that EX crew didn't win? Chris's friends=noobs.

Lolno, you dont understand. They entered "ex crew first place" the crappiest world they could make, as a joke. They didnt enter there fabulous "ex crew halloween"

Player Since 2011. I used to make bots and stuff.

#204 Before February 2015

Kirby

one word. D:

#205 Before February 2015

Shift

bobyy wrote:
Jaybm wrote:
Master1 wrote:

Here's my best idea. Give these winners their prizes, then rejudge. After that give the new winners their prizes also. That way everyone can be happy.

hmm i think this is a good idea //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Best idea I heard I think RPGMaster2000 should take this idea and do it. But if the winners from the first judging win again they would have another group take their spot. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

The groups that would win twice ought to get an additional prize (maybe a little energy?), but not take up another slot.

EDIT: Unless the team places higher the second time...

Last edited by Shift (Nov 28 2011 6:23:48 pm)

#206 Before February 2015

Master1

the idea is that if you place higher the 2nd time, you take the higher prize. If you place lower the 2nd time. You keep the prize from the 1st time. If you place the same, nothing changes.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#207 Before February 2015

BEE

theditor wrote:
Failgirl101 wrote:

I'm mad that the same people always win.

Do you even realize how much time Esox and I put into our level? We had it all carefully laid out. We made each piece with careful consideration. We spent hours of our levels that we'll never get back, and for what?

I'm mad, I really am. Sorry, guess you can call me Failgirl the jerk, but after the time and effort we spent making that level, and to not get any credit whatsoever just **** me right off.

Same with me,we worked a lot of time.
I feel like we are blamed to ground.

I know that it hurts and that this will only make it worse, but its a part of growing up so I am going to be blatantly honest with you:

Hard work does not equal accomplishment/achievement.

That's why people specialize. Because they are good at something they work less and achieve more. Think about how much work I would have had to do if I had done the minis in my level instead of the art. And then they would have sucked! I admit I did the elevator mini though =P I like elevators)

Anyways, the point is that you keep trying. You fall down, you get up. You can't punish yourself for failing because guess what? You are not perfect. And you can never be perfect.

I know this is probably the last thing you want to hear, I know that it was when I was your age, but keep trying. It gets better.

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#208 Before February 2015

GKAbyss

Response to contest: Congrats to the winners, D: I really wanted the lit pumpkin smiley.

Also, I like Master1's idea, but you'd need to figure out whether or not to include current winners in the next judging, whether they get prizes or not, if they get their prize from the first judging or the best prize between both judgings, etc, and if a team who places in both judgings and only gets one prize, whether or not to add more places so that it has an equal number of prizes. I like the idea a lot, but I doubt Chris would allow it since I don't think he wants too many people to have the prizes for a contest. It makes the smilies/trophys less special and it's almost like releasing them in the shop, even if the current judging is incorrect, it gives people another chance to get them.

EDIT: I didn't see Master1's post about the prizes because I was writing this one.

Last edited by GKAbyss (Nov 28 2011 6:59:55 pm)

#209 Before February 2015

Stupid

Well reading all of THAT was entertaining..

I PERSONALLY think, and before you ask who tf I am, just listen to me. I think that MMBA should be moved up to replace that slime level.. and Cry kid cry should be moved up to second.. and MX2's level shouldn't be in third, second OR first.. Sorry guys //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile It was a good level, but not compared to some of the others

And rejudging is possibly one of the worst ideas i've heard in EE... I totally agree with Drock...

But good work everybody anyways ^^ Too bad I quit right before the contest >.<

#210 Before February 2015

jfurey14

Okay, I have a few opinions. I know that my level didn't make it because of the "so-called haunted house", so I know that my level is out. I question the placement of Cry Kid Cry should've replaced BillyP's level,a nd that MMBA should've replaced Slime. I believe that Slime isn't really halloween... it's Slime. Otherwise, I think that Starblinky deserves it, so does 2ndstory, but BillyP and Slime don't. Just my opinion //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

EDIT: Next time I am going single for sure.

Last edited by jfurey14 (Nov 28 2011 7:11:47 pm)

#211 Before February 2015

Stupid

Yeah I thought 2ndStory was amazing.. Great job Railana or whatever tf your name is now xP

#212 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Oh my god.
Oh my god. Hahahaha.
Haha oh wow.
So, my team mates informed me that we got first place. I thought they were all just kidding.
I've had to listen to some kid puke his guts out several times, I've been brought to tears twice, and I have two days to write five thousand words and I was mega stressed out.
But **** yes, we **** won.
When we first started making our level, we said that we would shoot for the stars, and goddamnit, we reached the stars.
And funnily enough, we procrastinated like woah.

Congratulations to everyone who entered, and especially to those who placed.

Last edited by Zoey2070 (Nov 28 2011 7:20:33 pm)

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#213 Before February 2015

smileyxp

one word. . .      "disappointed".

Last edited by smileyxp (Nov 28 2011 8:15:48 pm)

#214 Before February 2015

Netro

Well, i am very disappointed with the judging.
(a big portion) of the winning worlds are not very good.
Did the judges even play the worlds through?
some of the winners had there worlds from long ago.
some had ones with nothing to do with halloween at all.
out of all the worlds out there with great art and great minigames.
"those" are the winners?

i know many others that feel the same way about this, but choose to say nothing because people will think they are whining. its not them whining its just knowing whats right and what isn't

i suspected this would happen if experts didn't judge the contest.
The community judging with professional and experienced
players that would be judging would have far more better results.
I am really looking forward to those worlds where "experts" at EE where the judges.

needless to say,..
i am disappointed with this.     : \

Last edited by Netro (Nov 28 2011 8:27:10 pm)

#215 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

Netro wrote:

"those" are the winners?

i know many others that feel the same way about this, but choose to say nothing because people will think they are whining. its not them whining its just knowing whats right and what isn't

I am really looking forward to those worlds where "experts" at EE where the judges.

needless to say,..

you might not like the official judging, but mustang still has a community judging that can give more accurate results.

#216 Before February 2015

bliske

most dodgy competition yet to be honest .

#217 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

i hate the judges because it looks like all they did was take a first glance at the map and fly around in mod mode a little without even playing the level. if they made minis/gameplay worth more the results would be more accurate.

#218 Before February 2015

bliske

i think the top 25- of mustang's list (when cut down) deserves to be the official winners.
this contest seemed to be a joke, some of the ones in there, deserve first place over 3rd.. and slime exploration. no joke, but like wtf, how does that have anything what so ever to do with halloween- this competition has a lot of hype because no joke, that is bull.....

#219 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

Bliske wrote:

i think the top 25- of mustang's list (when cut down) deserves to be the official winners.
this contest seemed to be a joke, some of the ones in there, deserve first place over 3rd.. and slime exploration. no joke, but like wtf, how does that have anything what so ever to do with halloween- this competition has a lot of hype because no joke, that is bull.....

some of the stuff can just be scary and not so much haloween. mg crew did alcatraz, my team did zombies, and they did slime.

#220 Before February 2015

bliske

Brawler700 wrote:
Bliske wrote:

some of the stuff can just be scary and not so much haloween. mg crew did alcatraz, my team did zombies, and they did slime.

to be honest, what's so scary about slime? or what is the concept of halloween when you add a map of slime, but whatevers, this competition wasn't fair-based judging skills, a bunch of noobs, who more then likely have no articulate skills what so ever, got to judge a contest that Mustang/Bee would've done fairly the results might've turned out similar, but some deserve the rank over some others..

#221 Before February 2015

smileyxp

Brawler700 wrote:
Netro wrote:

"those" are the winners?

needless to say,..

you might not like the official judging, but mustang still has a community judging that can give more accurate results.

i'm looking forward to the more reasonable results

#222 Before February 2015

Koto

Shy Guy wrote:

Wait what? Are they re-judging?
Anyways, I'm kind of disappointed that I got 3rd, I at least wanted second. That way I can have some smileys to add to my collection. Oh well, tough luck for me.

I honestly don't understand how SCAR or Cold Stormers didn't get in because those were really good, and The Joyful Ducks and Slime I dislike. That is total bull.
Chris's friends are horrible judges and this was a horrible contest. Cry Kid Cry should NOT even go lower than second, nor should cold stormers or SCAR. Those maps were beautiful.

Re-judge please, then I will be satisfied.

agreed 100%

#223 Before February 2015

smileyxp

there really needs to be a re-judging.
or go with the winners from the judging of the community experts.

#224 Before February 2015

Ilikenoah

Personally,I think these places absolutely suck.Failgirl deserved a 3rd place spot and should have replaced Alcatraz,tell me,what did THAT have to do with Halloween?The only Halloween thing is about the pumpkins and ghosts and the witch in the moon.Kingofthezone took me there once when they were done with it.The minis were great and it had that eerie feeling,but they changed it up a little bit and added some stuff to make it Halloween themed.Moggies world was ehh,and could have been better.Details would have helped,and it had some mini flaws.For Sinister,I love the moon.But there where some good worlds that were good as that,maybe even better.Cry kid cry in my opinion should have got 2nd or 1st.The art fantastic,the minis were great.My opinion for the 3rd places!

~Ilikenoah

#225 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

BEE wrote:

I know that it hurts and that this will only make it worse, but its a part of growing up so I am going to be blatantly honest with you:

Hard work does not equal accomplishment/achievement.

That's why people specialize. Because they are good at something they work less and achieve more. Think about how much work I would have had to do if I had done the minis in my level instead of the art. And then they would have sucked! I admit I did the elevator mini though =P I like elevators)

Anyways, the point is that you keep trying. You fall down, you get up. You can't punish yourself for failing because guess what? You are not perfect. And you can never be perfect.

I know this is probably the last thing you want to hear, I know that it was when I was your age, but keep trying. It gets better.

stupid wrote:

And rejudging is possibly one of the worst ideas i've heard in EE....

These. I think people that feel they should've won you can't say that you should've. I didn't think I'd place, but up to judging it came out to be opposite.

Re-judging should not happen, re-judging should not be voted upon, just accept you've lost. Don't think just because I won it's easy to say, in the New Years contest I felt the same way but I continued making levels and here I am, placing.

Ilikenoah wrote:

Personally,I think these places absolutely suck.Failgirl deserved a 3rd place spot and should have replaced Alcatraz,tell me,what did THAT have to do with Halloween?The only Halloween thing is about the pumpkins and ghosts and the witch in the moon.Kingofthezone took me there once when they were done with it.The minis were great and it had that eerie feeling,but they changed it up a little bit and added some stuff to make it Halloween themed.Moggies world was ehh,and could have been better.Details would have helped,and it had some mini flaws.For Sinister,I love the moon.But there where some good worlds that were good as that,maybe even better.Cry kid cry in my opinion should have got 2nd or 1st.The art fantastic,the minis were great.My opinion for the 3rd places!

~Ilikenoah

I still don't like failgirl's level. All it has going for it was a cool idea, but it wasn't excecuted as great as it could've been, and the minigames absolutely blow, no offence to you failgirl but they did, not to mention you could get trapped.

Last edited by D-rock2308 (Nov 28 2011 9:16:27 pm)

RPGMaster2000 14239582883144

Board footer