Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 Before February 2015

Nou

Re: SCAR - Rocky Horror

Overall a pretty good map. As other have said, this map thrives on the looks.

When came to the challenges I was a bit disappointed at first; boring obstacle courses and weird intermezzos as transitions (going through a 1 block high path through the tent and stuff). This really takes out the pace of the map.
Luckily they got better and bigger as I progressed and some actual thought has been put into those things. A few of em were great fun //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Navigating through this map is pretty difficult at times; coindoors that are easily missed and paths are obscured by decorations.

The biggest issue with this map, as most maps are in general, is there is hardly any connection between art/challenges: black blocks artificially create room for challenges. Whereas some of those were great fun, they got pretty close to "black block minis". Lots of people sacrifice this relationship for art. It looks really good, but I'm still missing that connection.

I enjoyed the map overall, despite somewhat repetitive challenges and tedious moving (like the intermezzos/transitions between areas and backtracking the ferris wheel). Because of the looks and the bigger challenges it's definitely a strong contender for the top spots of this competition. GL //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

No u.

#27 Before February 2015

3ucalipto

After the big cloud above there's a challenge where you have a lot of up arrows in the bottom and you have to jump on them twice using the falling momentum to reach a coin to the right. However, when trying to do it I fell to the big "green wave" below and now I cant get back nor can I proceed because I don't have said coin.

#28 Before February 2015

Koya
Fabulous Member

Ralaina wrote:

Eh okey art, could be improved but wont tell you how. Minis were also okay.

Are You Insane?
'okey art' ???

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#29 Before February 2015

Breadfinn

@3ucalipto
Thanks. I'll fix that.

@SquadFS
He's only joking. He told me himself plus he's one of my best friend

5671.jpg

#30 Before February 2015

Ralaina

And I dont find much art great anyway, but it is quite good.

Last edited by Ralaina (Oct 24 2011 12:29:59 pm)

#31 Before February 2015

Breadfinn

I bet you are just jealous

5671.jpg

#32 Before February 2015

EENinja

^ He probably is.

Can't handle the awesomeness //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#33 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

Quit after I got out of the tent.

To unfair for me :/

#34 Before February 2015

procsesor

My team is screwed....

#35 Before February 2015

Zacoist

Mhm, thx for the feedback guys! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile. Honestly, speaking to myself here but your feedback is being gathered and cherish every moment.  
We have notice some problems with the minis and we are making attempts to make it to every1s liking by making minis to its nature.
Less of a nuisance and to make is less repetitive and more fun.  
We take your feedback very seriously. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#36 Before February 2015

NaztyRushz

Really nice guys

#37 Before February 2015

Greenzoid2

Wow! Amazing art, great job you guys. I think this could possibly make top 10...but there's one thing that every level I've seen so far seems to be missing:

RPGMaster2000 wrote:

SUGGESTIONS:

- Art and minigames should blend in seamlessly with each other. What this means is that we?d for example prefer not to see a bunch of completely black Minigame boxes surrounding a piece of beautiful art. Make them blend together!

#38 Before February 2015

Calicara

So just by looking at the picture I had a few thoughts.

The art is really good. I can't argue that it sucks because it doesn't. Each aspect is really well designed, it's detailed and fun to look at. I only had two issues. First off I though the clouds looked kinda weird. They look like they're smeared across a window, not really natural. It's like they were pushed against the screen. But I'll give you credit because clouds are not the easiest thing to make in EE.

My main issue was about balance. You see individually each piece of art is very well designed, but when put together it looks sloppy. Some parts are very detailed like the tent and truck, while others are simple like the fireball and the blue ride in the background. The art is inconsistent and it doesn't really match up. It's like having a model but putting all the wrong pieces together.

I'm not trying to say it's horrible, but it lacks a good consistency and balance. I also think the whole scene is a bit crowded. The Tent, truck, ferris wheel, ticket booth, and tree moon island thing would have been plenty. The ghosts and witch are nice for Halloween but seem rather irrelevant in the overall picture.

I do like the northern lights (if that's what it's supposed to be) and the rest of the background is pretty cool. Like I said it's not horrible at all. The art is amazing really, it just doesn't seem to fit together as a whole.

I don't have time to play the minis now but I will try to later. I hope you understand though were I am coming from.

-Failgirl101

#39 Before February 2015

MRBOOGAWESOME

bobyy wrote:

I don't think anyone will. I think we a first place winner right here. I love the art. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

Disagree, we still have ex, mx, mg, mighty morphin block arrangers XD and lots of great teams in the contest. You can almost rely on all of them to produce great worlds providing us with a great competition. Not to brag but I even think my teams world is looking quite nice. (what a jerk)

But now back to the world in front of us, I had an opportunity to play today so I will give you my thoughts. (I will not be judging the minis since I am a artist myself and don't understand the key perspectives that should be included in a mini)

ART:Ok well IMO the art was very impressive but if feel that in a rare few areas it could have been improved for e.g as failgirl pointed out the northern lights in her post (if that's what they are) but at first I couldn't identify them, I think my advice would be make it look a bit more graceful. Yours look like a big splodge of a bogey green thing coming down from the sky, maybe use some more colours from the green palletes and mix the colours in a bit more, idk. However Another problem I had was finding out what was actually halloweeny about the level, i mean you could argue that a circus has clowns and clowns are quite spooky, but there are no clowns on the map. Yes I know there are zombies, but what 1 or 2.

However all criticism aside that was a vary enjoyable map to play and the art was very detailed. (apart from what I pointed out) //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

But overall I think this map will do well in the contest and and should be able to compete for a top spot! I rate this world 8/10.

Good luck!

#40 Before February 2015

mustang

Zacoist wrote:

Mhm, thx for the feedback guys! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile. Honestly, speaking to myself here but your feedback is being gathered and cherish every moment.  
We have notice some problems with the minis and we are making attempts to make it to every1s liking by making minis to its nature.
Less of a nuisance and to make is less repetitive and more fun.  
We take your feedback very seriously. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

I really respect you for taking criticism to heart, since that's probably one of the hardest things to do as a builder. Keep improving the map especially the minis and it could easily win the first place prize.

#41 Before February 2015

noelzkie

I wonder what EX Crew level would look like! I'm really excited.

#42 Before February 2015

Epicfish

Congratulations builders of the map. I'm pretty sure you'll be getting at least 2nd place; thae art is awesome and the minis (mainly) merge into the artwork. I quit quite soon as I had to actually start my map; after seeing this.

#43 Before February 2015

Pugmatt

Crap, this is gonna first https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL
Good job!

#44 Before February 2015

Hammy120

Sh!t. Awesome, pure awesome:o

#45 Before February 2015

Buzzerbee
Forum Admin

*ahem* I found exploits too!

...That you said wasn't an exploit...

BUT STILL!

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#46 Before February 2015

Zacoist

Yes, we are trying to fix the minis a.s.a.p.

#47 Before February 2015

Garfield2436

The art was nice, but I don't like how you hada to crawl through the art at the beginning and the white decoration stuff was beginning to hurt my eyes.
I would rate this a 8/10

#48 Before February 2015

Breadfinn

Some minis changed, most of them aren't considered box minis anymore. Check it out.

5671.jpg

#49 Before February 2015

Zacoist

Addi wrote:

Some minis changed, most of them aren't considered box minis anymore. Check it out.

We hope we've met your needs. Enjoy!

#50 Before February 2015

theditor

Really nice art,looks realistic a little.
Spelically the candy truck on fire (it is,right?) and the tree with moon behind.
This probably (right?) get's first or second place.

art 10/10
minis 9/10

-pedobeer.

Breadfinn1423791534169898

Board footer