Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Nou

EX Crüe Ment

[walloftext]When we started our EX Pro map more than a year ago, it originally carried the name "The Gauntlet". We found that the concept and the art didn't quite work, which is why we switched over to the concept that is now Forgotten Veil.

We had made many rooms, but we went with the traditional number of 16, so we had leftovers and because they are still pretty good, we thought it'd be a shame not to release them in some form. So we've thrown together all rooms we didn't put in Forgotten Veil and released them under our EX Crüe title.

Scoreboard
1: Gamingguy - 11 coins
2: Polis - 8 coins
3: dillalga - 7 coins
4: Zakleo - 7 coins
5:

As you can see, the original concept art (by Ravatroll and Bee) is in there too. Here's a list of the levels and why we didn't put them in.

Blue ones are made by mustang
Pink ones are made by MIHB
Yellow ones are made by Nou
Red is by MegaLamb

MIHB: (1) This is the second version I did of the room that became room 2 in Forgotten Veil.   I like it quite a bit, but in the end we decided to use the original version instead.

Mustang: (2) While the concept of "swimming" into portal cannon accelerators was fun, the execution of the room was lacking, necessitating numerous exploit fixes that disrupted the smoothness of the proper method. The room was also found to not be symmetrical due to some odd physics asymmetry, and as a result it was rejected for Forgotten Veil even as an extra room.

Mustang: (3) Dodging the one-way platform at high speeds was a worthy idea, but unfortunately the method for beating the room was found to be extremely obscure and difficult to figure out without assistance. The reset mechanism is also somewhat annoying, and the lack of a clear solution combined with the restart issue led to the room being cut.

MIHB: (4) We needed a room 4 for FV, and Mustang and I were working on several variations of a "reverse-direction" portal concept he had originally used.   For this room, I decided to try adding portal boosters while going at 90 degree angles.   Although the room is fun and looks neat, the gameplay is fundamentally broken in this structure; eventually I realized that the portal boost is based off the speed of the upward jump, not on horizontal speed.

Mustang: (5) Originally this room made the cut, but it was eventually rejected in favor of rooms with stronger concepts. The dual arrow walls by themselves are not particularly interesting, and the solution to the room is very obscure and difficult to figure out. Additionally, the room itself just appears confusing due to the high density of arrows everywhere.

MIHB: (6) Oddly enough, while working separately, Mustang came up with an almost identical room (mine, the version included, is slightly larger than his).   All the mechanics and basic structure were identical.   While this room is simple and works pretty well, we both agreed it just lacks that factor to push it over the top.

Nou: (7) Simply, we thought it was good, but the others were just better.

Mustang: (8) Even though this room uses one-way blocks in a very unique manner, it just seemed too rough for a quality map such as Forgotten Veil. Once this concept is refined and polished, it will likely lead to some very interesting rooms that would be counter-intuitive yet fun at the same time. There's also a small issue of one of the jumps being somewhat difficult to figure out.

Nou: (9) An ok room, just generic. We strive to have a unique new concept each room, while this is mostly a sequence of jumps rather than something completely new.

Mustang: (10) Numerous issues plagued this room. The edge jumps required for entering the portals at the proper angle are very annoying. Additionally, it's difficult to exactly predict the speed of the smiley, leading to issues with timing the jumps. Lastly, it's very confusing how the reflector works on the far left, making this room unworthy for Forgotten Veil.

Mustang: (11) This room was originally slated for inclusion in Forgotten Veil, but since it was built more than a year ago, it was found that the physics changes since then made it easier than expected. When two other rooms that used similar elements to this one were included in Forgotten Veil (Rooms 9 and 15), it was finally decided to remove it and save it for this map instead.

MIHB: (12) This was a room I came up with while screwing around with several speed-with-turns concepts I was working with.   (The wildest and most unique was too large to include in this map).   This particular structure, while workable, just didn't strike me as interesting enough, so I abandoned it.

Mustang: (13) Sadly this room was honestly forgotten until it was rediscovered for this map. However, even if it had been remembered when the rooms for Forgotten Veil were being finalized, it may not have been included due to some similarities to Room 13. The most annoying aspect to this room is not realizing how the portals work, so it takes some trial and error to understand it.

Nou: (14) Good room, but MIHB already used the concept for one of the Shift levels so the novelty of it was already gone.

Mustang: (15) An odd but difficult room that was just too annoying in nature to keep. Jumping along the one-way blocks is far too tedious even though there are only a few of them. The turn around jump is also somewhat difficult, and while landing on the single block at the end could have been modified, it was decided this concept was not worth improving.

Nou: (16) Forgotten Veil's 14, but with a new idea by MIHB added to it. So not necessarily rejected, just a new version.

(17) Simply put: way too annoying to even considering putting it into a real map. It's too confined, it requires a high level of precision, and it quickly drives players mad. It was actually created just as a joke in response to a room MIHB was designing (a room that later developed into Room 6 in Forgotten Veil), but has been included here to give players hell.

MIHB: (18) This room was one of many attempts I made at developing a good room with the concept that eventually became FV 6.   (Mustang's use of the concept is seen in room 17 in this map, and MFL and I also had a joint room we tried to make).   In the end, this one was just too big and complex, and was never as elegant as I prefer my rooms to be.

[/walloftext]

Last edited by Nou (Jun 2 2012 5:37:40 pm)

No u.

#2 Before February 2015

Zakleo

Re: EX Crüe Ment

Epic world Yn8I7.png I only got one coin 'cos I suck //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Last edited by zakleo (May 1 2012 3:02:23 pm)

#3 Before February 2015

MrScaniaV8Super

Yeah new level! And it's good!

#4 Before February 2015

imtn

That was a really clever name; Who thought of it?

#5 Before February 2015

theditor

Really really nice minis //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
I got like 5 coins in 10 minutes //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue
6 and 7 just mind ****.

#6 Before February 2015

MIHB

Remember to post a screenshot with your coin score!

#7 Before February 2015

soccerfreak006

Yet another EX crew Masterpeice

#8 Before February 2015

theditor

MIHB wrote:

Remember to post a screenshot with your coin score!

Meh ._.
I throught that it is nothing so i didn't take a pic.
But np,i will do it again //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#9 Before February 2015

AsurcH

Finally another ex crüe map <3 I was waiting so impatiently

edit: played itzz: the best part was the concept and the art, though i didn't like the gaunlet //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile it doesnt look gud with   that masterpiece.

Last edited by AsurcH (May 2 2012 7:52:36 am)

#10 Before February 2015

Master1

Needs more fat chris.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#11 Before February 2015

Breadfinn

I'm disappointed you didn't shade the cheese.

5671.jpg

#12 Before February 2015

Gaming_Guy

ckWDq.png
11 yellow coins, 6 blue coins //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Last edited by GamingGuy (May 3 2012 7:51:42 pm)

#13 Before February 2015

capasha

Fun level. I loving it.

#14 Before February 2015

Polis

excrue.png

Nice level you have there, 8 golden coins, 4 blue coins.
I did minigame: 1, 2, 5, 8, 9, 10, 12 and M

#15 Before February 2015

Gaming_Guy

Good luck to the people trying to beat me.

#16 Before February 2015

Polis

Haha Gg I failed //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile Nice win btw

#17 Before February 2015

BetaMurder

guys you can join MY crew its FT Crew really you can join this my new crew! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#18 Before February 2015

Nou

BetaMurder wrote:

guys you can join MY crew its FT Crew really you can join this my new crew! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Nah thanks, we have our own crew levels
http://eeforumify.com/viewtopic.php?id=564

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

No u.

#19 Before February 2015

supadorf24

BetaMurder wrote:

BetaMurderer, please don't advertise your crew in other people's threads.

#20 Before February 2015

dillalga

hwbywn.png

BISHHHEESSSS

#21 Before February 2015

Zakleo

99yJqwGjjQkXJYi9TFx5.png

Took a while. Couldn't get 7

Nou1423797060164372

Board footer