Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

Re: Benje & Benje (EE Law Firm)

Failgirl101 wrote:
[me wrote:

mylo]Seems like cyber mobbing. Not supporting this. Who gives you the right to judge over other people? Even if they copy, just tell the once.

They have reasons why they do the stuff they do AND you may not know them...

There is no reason to make smiley art, and there is no reason to make stairs or crappy bosses. If your level sucks then why are you playing EE? People who make terrible levels need to be trolled so they stop making terrible levels.

No reason to play EE if your just wasting your time. These same people could be reading books, or playing outside, but they are not. They are inside wasting their young lives, and should leave before they sucked in like the rest of us.

Wat.

This sounds more like a bully group.   Forums, I am disappointed.

Nothing wrong with Smiley art.  

Some people like stairs.   I honestly don't mind some of them, as long as they don't go on forever with no non-door blocks.

There are good and bad bosses.   Just as there's a good and bad for nearly anything else.

If someone makes a bad level. .well wait, that's just your opinion.   You are saying if people can't create a level that YOU specifically like, they shouldn't be playing EE at all?   Are you.. kidding me?

No one needs to be trolled.   That's incredibly childish.

People aren't wasting time on EE if they're having fun.   That's why people play.   Why else would you play EE if you weren't having fun?   Ugh, this logic.. I can't follow it.

#27 Before February 2015

Calicara

Azure whether you want to be a hippie or not is not my problem, but you see there is a bar. Below the bar is bad, in the middle is good, and above is excellent.

Now I'm not saying just because I don't like something make something a horrible level. For example I'm not a huge fan of bee's art, but I do agree she is a talented artist.

People have varying levels of degree of skill which can be determined by the way they make their level. People who think a good level involves boxed minigames and smiley art, obviously don't understand the difference.

A good level introduces a unique concept, not always original, but different, with art that properly displays the concept and minigames that are unique.

Now I know that is a lot to ask a newbie player whose fresh in the game, especially when they haven't had much time to understand the difference. But whether you want to admit it or not there is a difference between a good level and a bad level.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but that doesn't make smiley art any less terrible. You wanna play a good boss? Play YoScroll or Snake Boss, not the same overused get a coin over and over till you win the code and someone trolls.

You may not agree with my opinion, but that does not make me wrong. If people are not being productive than what is their purpose? Why waste their time on a game they will probably never get any better at when they could be dong things IRL?

Call me a bully if it makes you feel better, but I'm not gonna change.

#28 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

Failgirl101 wrote:

Azure whether you want to be a hippie or not is not my problem, but you see there is a bar. Below the bar is bad, in the middle is good, and above is excellent.

Now I'm not saying just because I don't like something make something a horrible level. For example I'm not a huge fan of bee's art, but I do agree she is a talented artist.

People have varying levels of degree of skill which can be determined by the way they make their level. People who think a good level involves boxed minigames and smiley art, obviously don't understand the difference.

A good level introduces a unique concept, not always original, but different, with art that properly displays the concept and minigames that are unique.

Now I know that is a lot to ask a newbie player whose fresh in the game, especially when they haven't had much time to understand the difference. But whether you want to admit it or not there is a difference between a good level and a bad level.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but that doesn't make smiley art any less terrible. You wanna play a good boss? Play YoScroll or Snake Boss, not the same overused get a coin over and over till you win the code and someone trolls.

You may not agree with my opinion, but that does not make me wrong. If people are not being productive than what is their purpose? Why waste their time on a game they will probably never get any better at when they could be dong things IRL?

Call me a bully if it makes you feel better, but I'm not gonna change.

You are wrong in the sense that you think levels are good or bad depending on your opinion.

Some people enjoy box minis.   Have you played the 200 lava minis in the featured tab?   It may be long, but it's not a terrible level

Smiley art isn't "terrible."   Who cares if it's done a lot.   Overdone =/= terrible.  

I don't find Yo!Scroll that fun.   Yes, it is a new kind of boss, but I dislike it for the many trap pits it has, which kind of forces you to slow down because you may think you need to jump down here, but then suddenly blocks generate straight up and you've lost.   This is a matter of opinion.   I've played some fun bosses where the winner goes to collect a coin.   Stop acting as if your opinion is fact.   Yes, there are good and bad bosses.   You don't have to act like they're all garbage though.

"not always original, but different," That's a contradiction.   By the way, something doesn't need to be fresh or original to be fun.  

You say "beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but that doesn't make smiley art any less terrible."   Another contradiction.   Don't use a quote to support your argument if you go against it in the same sentence.   Smiley art levels usually don't reach high on the woot list.   They're usually not intended to be levels to be played through, to get many woots and plays.   They're just there to be art.   People can look at them and use them as a reference when making their own smiley arts, perhaps making a new smiley as well.   People can look at these levels and get a better understanding as to how to shade, and which blocks are good for yellows, and which grays are good to make art look smoother.  

I don't like your "people should stop wasting their time and get off" attitude.   If they're having fun, they aren't wasting their time.   People like to play levels with their friends.   They like to try creating something.   Stop bashing on them for having fun.   Isn't that the point of a game?   To have fun?   Who are you to tell someone to stop playing the game if they're having fun?   That is why I call you a bully.

#29 Before February 2015

Calicara

I'm sorry if I'm one for progression.

I do not really wish to counter act all your points because we are obviously on different ends of the spectrum.

Also I have played 200 lava mini games. It is terrible, it always will be terrible, and if I could I would troll it. I was only using yo-scroll as an example because it's in the lobby a lot.

"not always original, but different", not a contradiction. I meant like taking a concept that is already make and putting a twist on it, like there was a zombie love level I think lictor666 and thanel made that was really good. Overused concept, but with original twist.

"beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but that doesn't make smiley art any less terrible." Smiley are is just a blatant copy of pre-existing art, kind of like how some people look at images of cartoons and copy them directly and think they know art. Copying is not art. You can say 'smiley art' is nice art, but it's not 'good art'. Good art is either original work, or if it's fan art it should be different than the original and in your own style.

Here are some fan-artists I like who draw different shows cartoons in their own style: http://sharpie91.deviantart.com/
http://bleedman.deviantart.com/
http://kicsterash.deviantart.com/

So yes, I am a very big huge bully. Thanks.

#30 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

Failgirl101 wrote:

I do not really wish to counter act all your points because we are obviously on different ends of the spectrum.

Also I have played 200 lava mini games. It is terrible, it always will be terrible, and if I could I would troll it. I was only using yo-scroll as an example because it's in the lobby a lot.

"not always original, but different", not a contradiction. I meant like taking a concept that is already make and putting a twist on it, like there was a zombie love level I think lictor666 and thanel made that was really good. Overused concept, but with original twist.

"beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but that doesn't make smiley art any less terrible." Smiley are is just a blatant copy of pre-existing art, kind of like how some people look at images of cartoons and copy them directly and think they know art. Copying is not art. You can say 'smiley art' is nice art, but it's not 'good art'. Good art is either original work, or if it's fan art it should be different than the original and in your own style.

Here are some fan-artists I like who draw different shows cartoons in their own style: http://sharpie91.deviantart.com/

The wrong kind of progression.   I just played a couple of your levels.   Minimap art is pretty good.   The levels, though, I thought weren't enjoyable at all.   People like and dislike different levels.   You're making no progression if you claim what you like, everyone should make.   You aren't the community.   All of us are.   And people will make the levels they like, whether you like them or not.   You play for fun.   They play for fun.   It wouldn't be right for them to tel lyou to stop playing, just as it's not right for you to tell them the same.   Also, you troll levels.   Progression, you say?   The irony..

You could call it "good" art.   You can also call it "nice" art.   You could also call it "mean" art.   Grammatically speaking, you can't call it "nice" art, but whatever.   It's as if you didn't read my post at all.   People make the art for fun.   They can use it to see how to shade better.   Not all smiley art levels are solid yellow metal filled.   A lot of EE's community are little kids.   Are you seriously saying little kids should quit the game because they drew a few smiley faces?   You think they should stop having fun because you want something new?   Damn, stop being so full of yourself.   Your opinion isn't fact.   You might prefer a kind of art over another.   Just as I prefer other levels far over yours.   But that doesn't mean I should tell you to get off the computer and stop wasting your time with "uncreative box minis colored to not look as boxy with arrows plastered all over the place."   Well.   Actually that is what I think.   But I'm not gonna tell you to quit EE because I don't like your levels.   That kind of attitude is what's poisoning the EE community.   This biggotry, pompous, arrogant attitude.   So instead of stepping down to your incredibly low level of saying "quit the game," I will say, get a better attitude.   EE would not be any worse off whether someone who only makes smiley art left than you quitting instead.   It's not the levels that need to change, it's the horrible attitudes of some people.   You being one of them.

#31 Before February 2015

Calicara

If a child is in the 12th grade ofschool, and he cannot draw to save his life, but he wants to go to college for art, I would tell that person to quit drawing because they suck at drawing.

People should stick to what they're good at.

And I know my levels aren't that great, I never said they were.

I think it's funny how your making such a big deal out of this tiny speck of the universe that hardly anyone takes seriously. Have fun ranting lul.

Last edited by Calicara (May 1 2013 7:50:06 pm)

#32 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

Failgirl101 wrote:

If a child is in the 12th grade ofschool, and he cannot draw to save his life, but he wants to go to college for art, I would tell that person to quit drawing because they suck at drawing.

People should stick to what they're good at.

And I know my levels aren't that great, I never said they were.

I think it's funny how your making such a big deal out of this tiny speck of the universe that hardly anyone takes seriously. Have fun ranting lul.

A lot of the "children" that play EE are a lot younger than that.   Most players I've talked to are   12 and younger.   Not in 12th grade.   People should continue doing what they like and try to get better.   Telling them to quit.. that's just awful.

You were just ranting about how if people can't make good levels, they shouldn't be playing EE.   You just admit your levels aren't that good.   So does this mean, according to you, you should be quitting EE?  

You're making a big deal about this "tiny speck of the universe" also.   So, if you think it's funny I'm doing this, then you should laugh at yourself.   Or do you exempt yourself through your contradictions?

EDIT: Also, can't believe you just compared EE to college. lol.

Last edited by AzurePudding (May 1 2013 8:02:20 pm)

#33 Before February 2015

theHFnetwork

AzurePudding wrote:
Failgirl101 wrote:

The wrong kind of progression.   I just played a couple of your levels.   Minimap art is pretty good.   The levels, though, I thought weren't enjoyable at all.   People like and dislike different levels.   You're making no progression if you claim what you like, everyone should make.   You aren't the community.   All of us are.   And people will make the levels they like, whether you like them or not.   You play for fun.   They play for fun.   It wouldn't be right for them to tel lyou to stop playing, just as it's not right for you to tell them the same.   Also, you troll levels.   Progression, you say?   The irony..

You could call it "good" art.   You can also call it "nice" art.   You could also call it "mean" art.   Grammatically speaking, you can't call it "nice" art, but whatever.   It's as if you didn't read my post at all.   People make the art for fun.   They can use it to see how to shade better.   Not all smiley art levels are solid yellow metal filled.   A lot of EE's community are little kids.   Are you seriously saying little kids should quit the game because they drew a few smiley faces?   You think they should stop having fun because you want something new?   Damn, stop being so full of yourself.   Your opinion isn't fact.   You might prefer a kind of art over another.   Just as I prefer other levels far over yours.   But that doesn't mean I should tell you to get off the computer and stop wasting your time with "uncreative box minis colored to not look as boxy with arrows plastered all over the place."   Well.   Actually that is what I think.   But I'm not gonna tell you to quit EE because I don't like your levels.   That kind of attitude is what's poisoning the EE community.   This biggotry, pompous, arrogant attitude.   So instead of stepping down to your incredibly low level of saying "quit the game," I will say, get a better attitude.   EE would not be any worse off whether someone who only makes smiley art left than you quitting instead.   It's not the levels that need to change, it's the horrible attitudes of some people.   You being one of them.

Couldn't agree more.

#34 Before February 2015

Calicara

My solo level aren't that great, but I do crew stuff from time to time, but that's not the point.

If you want to argue, k. I'm sick of this crap though, and not really in the mood because you are very irritating. So go ahead and hate me, I don't really care. I never told anyone to quit, people quit on their own. Your putting word in my mouth, and reading between the lines. Your misinterpreting me and trying to prove your own point, which personally I think is rubbish, but eh'.

I have no more interest in talking to you.

Night.

#35 Before February 2015

Terence22205

Failgirl's levels are awesome. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

You guys should stop with the flame wars...

#36 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

Failgirl101 wrote:

My solo level aren't that great, but I do crew stuff from time to time, but that's not the point.

If you want to argue, k. I'm sick of this crap though, and not really in the mood because you are very irritating. So go ahead and hate me, I don't really care. I never told anyone to quit, people quit on their own. Your putting word in my mouth, and reading between the lines. Your misinterpreting me and trying to prove your own point, which personally I think is rubbish, but eh'.

I have no more interest in talking to you.

Night.

Failgirl101 wrote:
[me wrote:

mylo]Seems like cyber mobbing. Not supporting this. Who gives you the right to judge over other people? Even if they copy, just tell the once.

They have reasons why they do the stuff they do AND you may not know them...

There is no reason to make smiley art, and there is no reason to make stairs or crappy bosses. If your level sucks then why are you playing EE? People who make terrible levels need to be trolled so they stop making terrible levels.

No reason to play EE if your just wasting your time. These same people could be reading books, or playing outside, but they are not. They are inside wasting their young lives, and should leave before they sucked in like the rest of us.

Hmmmm, you were saying?   These are your words.   I'm feeding you nothing.   G'night, Miss Bad Attitude.

#37 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

meredith1999 wrote:

I love how this turned into a semi philosophical debate, on a more serious and probably more prominent note, without the so called nubs we would be dead and if you don't like a level because of stairs of smiley art don't go into it. Go build your own "non nub" levels. If you really do want to change things I would educate nubs to make better levels rather then hating on them.

She wants to help newbies make "better levels"... meaning "levels she likes."

However..

Failgirl101 wrote:

Sounds like my kind of group. Count me in //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

Time to destroy the nub core of EE once and for all!

Some logic, eh?

#38 Before February 2015

Benje00

Aborting this project as I don't believe it will help anything.

If we want "noobs" to create "better" levels we have to educate them on how to make them and show them how much "better" our levels are.

#39 Before February 2015

Calicara

Azure Pudding you need to think before you say what you think I said. You are obviously not understanding.

I am NOTsaying just because I dislike a level makes its a bad level. For example, I said before I'm not a huge fan of bees art, but that doesn't make her a bad artist she is a wonderful artist.

There IS a difference however between something that is good and something that is bad. Smiley art is bad art because it is unoriginal, overused, and just a blatant copy of premade art. It's like looking up a picture of a cartoon and copying it bit by bit and then saying you are a great artist.

Good art is when a person takes the art on in their own style, for example is they made a smiley that was their own original design, or maybe in some sort of 3-d format or doing something interesting other than floating in the air.

There IS a difference between good art and bad art, and people who make bad art should be criticized not praised. How will they improve of people always tell them they are doing just fine? If you want to smash every bit of art into the one category of 'good' then no art is good.

If we are all special, no one is special.

Last edited by Calicara (May 2 2013 7:20:22 am)

#40 Before February 2015

theHFnetwork

Benje00 wrote:

If we want "noobs" to create "better" levels we have to educate them on how to make them and show them how much "better" our levels are.

That's the spirit. Teaching noobs how to create better levels, eventually turning them into professionals. Cause, you all know the cycle: Noob>Pro.

#41 Before February 2015

BlazingZelda

hello, back again! what did I miss... whoah! that's a lot of stuff... k read it all...

you know what I did the other day? I went to an untitled world owned by a magic class 2 and explained to him some of the basics of level building...

Failgirl. even though you may have not told people to stop playing, you have made it very apparent ,by trolling, that you want them to stop playing. please try to be a little more logical when you debate... this isn't the first time I've seen you argue illogically.
Note: benje's plan wasn't to show people how nooby their levels are.

Azurepudding, yes, we all see that failgirl's logic isn't quite as good as it could be. I understand your point, but it seems your arguing for the sake of arguing.

Benje00,WHAT HAVE YOU DONE??? BY MAKING THIS TOPIC YOU'VE--- jk. none of this is your fault. This topic was just drastically misunderstood.

theHFnetwork, Glad I'm not the only one who thinks like this.
Note: why is your rep -9?

so... this may sound a little stupid... But how about a group that goes to noob levels and tries to help the owners? even befriending a new player and helping them make their stairs is better than just coming and insulting them. Then if they're on your friend list they'll see the sorts of levels you make and your friends make. Giving you the chance to educate them on how to make better levels.

#42 Before February 2015

Calicara

theHFnetwork wrote:
Benje00 wrote:

That's the spirit. Teaching noobs how to create better levels, eventually turning them into professionals. Cause, you all know the cycle: Noob>Pro.

Funny thing is I have never seen any of your levels theHFnetwork. Are you afraid of sharing your stairs and smiley art? You have nothing to show for all your talk, at least I try and make good levels. Maybe they are not EX crew standards, but they are better than 200 lava minigames.

#43 Before February 2015

BlazingZelda

Failgirl101 wrote:
theHFnetwork wrote:
Benje00 wrote:

Funny thing is I have never seen any of your levels theHFnetwork. Are you afraid of sharing your stairs and smiley art? You have nothing to show for all your talk, at least I try and make good levels. Maybe they are not EX crew standards, but they are better than 200 lava minigames.

If you haven't seen theHFnetwork's levels then why the unnecessary insult?

Last edited by BlazingZelda (May 2 2013 12:45:52 pm)

#44 Before February 2015

theHFnetwork

BlazingZelda wrote:
Failgirl101 wrote:
theHFnetwork wrote:

If you havn't seen theHFnetwork's levels then why the unnecessary insult?

Most of my levels are incomplete, but yeah, why the unnecessary insult?

#45 Before February 2015

Calicara

Don't yell against me for trolling when you don't even understand the point of trolling... also they may have been directed toward the wrong person (as I was arguing with Azure Pudding too...) Point is, there is nothing wrong with trolls/trolling and you are wasting your time trying to stop it.

#46 Before February 2015

BlazingZelda

With many players, trolling in their world doesn't harm them to much. they kick you and load-level and make sure to not let you in their levels again.

But what about the new players who don't know about chat commands? well... then it's not much different from kids playing on a beach and a teenager coming and smashing all their sand castles. sure, the teenager had a reason: "sand castles are a waste of time and are unoriginal" but that doesn't justify what he/she did. sure, there's going to be bullies, and you can't force them to stop bullying, but you can ask them to stop and explain to them how it's wrong with the small hope that they'll listen.

#47 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

BlazingZelda wrote:

With many players, trolling in their world doesn't harm them to much. they kick you and load-level and make sure to not let you in their levels again.

But what about the new players who don't know about chat commands? well... then it's not much different from kids playing on a beach and a teenager coming and smashing all their sand castles. sure, the teenager had a reason: "sand castles are a waste of time and are unoriginal" but that doesn't justify what he/she did. sure, there's going to be bullies, and you can't force them to stop bullying, but you can ask them to stop and explain to them how it's wrong with the small hope that they'll listen.

This.   Failgirl and the other trollers are the sand castle smashers.

And Failgirl, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" means some things are beautiful to some, and not to others.   This has nothing to do with originality.   This has to do with what something looks like.   If something has been done hundreds of times before, this does not magically make the art look awful.   It may not be original.   But copying it doesn't subtract from its looks.   It's like drawing a masterpiece and taking a picture of it, and calling the art in the photo "terrible" because it's not the original.

Illogical.

Last edited by AzurePudding (May 2 2013 1:53:33 pm)

#48 Before February 2015

theHFnetwork

AzurePudding wrote:
BlazingZelda wrote:

This.   Failgirl and the other trollers are the sand castle smashers.

And Failgirl, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" means some things are beautiful to some, and not to others.   This has nothing to do with originality.   This has to do with what something looks like.   If something has been done hundreds of times before, this does not magically make the art look awful.   It may not be original.   But copying it doesn't subtract from its looks.   It's like drawing a masterpiece and taking a picture of it, and calling the art in the photo "terrible" because it's not the original.

Illogical.

I agree with both AzurePudding and BlazingZelda. You can't say "omg dis lvl is bad" just because you don't like it. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. This means that one man's trash is another one's treasure. You can apply that to movie critics and such.

"Failgirl and the other trollers are the sand castle smashers". <- So much win. You can't troll because you say it's "fun". No. It was never fun. And if I did troll, I was by mere artistic reasons. But back on topic, trolls are mere bullies, as they have fun at the expense of others, when everyone should having fun with others.

#49 Before February 2015

Calicara

You know what I'm sick of you ostracizing trolls. Go ahead with your little prim and proper tea party of a protest, but you can't even really stop trolls/trolling.

Azure Pudding, you clearly don't understand what I'm getting at with the value of art. And since you are unable to grasp such a simple concept I do not feel the need to explain it in a third time so feel free to keep telling me I'm wrong, but I'm not, you just simply don't understand.

theHFnetwork if you want to continue to fight this ridiculous battle go ahead, but your wasting your time. I'm sick of people telling me that trolling is wrong.

If you guys think everything is wonderful and everything is great than you are only looking at it from one perspective. People don't get better at what they do when they are constantly being praised, people only get better at what they do when they are criticized. If that's too hard a concept for you to grasp, then I'm sorry.

Like I said before, if we are all special no one is special. That is why I condone trolling.

Last edited by Calicara (May 2 2013 3:03:34 pm)

#50 Before February 2015

theHFnetwork

Failgirl101 wrote:

You know what I'm sick of you ostracizing trolls. Go ahead with your little prim and proper tea party of a protest, but you can't even really stop trolls/trolling.

Azure Pudding, you clearly don't understand what I'm getting at with the value of art. And since you are unable to grasp such a simple concept I do not feel the need to explain it in a third time so feel free to keep telling me I'm wrong, but I'm not, you just simply don't understand.

theHFnetwork if you want to continue to fight this ridiculous battle go ahead, but your wasting your time. I'm sick of people telling me that trolling is wrong.

If you guys think everything is wonderful and everything is great than you are only looking at it from one perspective. People don't get better at what they do when they are constantly being praised, people only get better at what they do when they are criticized. If that's too hard a concept for you to grasp, then I'm sorry.

Like I said before, if we are all special no one is special. That is why I condone trolling.

OK. Here we go.

Failgirl101 wrote:

If we can't stop trolling, maybe you'll have to stop trolling first. As simple as that.

Failgirl101 wrote:

This is only your point of view when it comes to art. One point of view, one concept. You're the one who doesn't understand that "art is in the eye of the beholder", herefore you remain wrong.

Failgirl101 wrote:

Accept it. Trolling is wrong and unfair. I'm gonna keep fighting 'till you get it.

Failgirl101 wrote:

At least this is kinda OK. But you don't have to criticize what they do just like that. For this kind of things. "constructive criticism" exists.

Failgirl101 wrote:

"We are special" in no way means that you condone trolling. That concept should be vague.
Is because people like you that the EE community is poisoning the game, not MrShoe.

Benje00142392936932063

Board footer