Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-08-29 15:50:57, last edited by Norwee (2022-09-15 23:04:05)

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Mafia 52 Game Thread (GAME OVER)

Setup information

- 13 player slots
- There will be only 2 factions, the town and the mafia
- Mafia has daytalk.
- Closed setup, meaning most of the roles possible to find in the setup is a strict secret. However this will be an balanced setup with not too many power roles! (Hint: More than 2, less than 13)
- The mafia is confirmed to have an Traitor. The traitor is an member of the mafia that knows their teammates but can not communicate with their faction through other channels. And can not perform the factional kill unless they are the sole member remaining. The other mafia is not informed of this players identity in their role.
- Multi-tasking is in effect for any roles with multiple powers.
- Sample VT role pm:

Hidden text
Game information

- 72 hour day deadline. 24 hour night. Majority vote to eliminate an player ends the day. Deadline ending without an majority vote results in no elimination made.
- To vote for an player type "!Vote Username"
Preferably with bold text. like so: !Vote Norwee
Unvoting: "!Unvote"
Additionally you may vote for no elimination by doing so: "!No Elimination" or "!No Lynch" or "!Sleep"

SURVIVOR: Minimania Mafia Goon
SURVIVOR: BuzzerBee Mafia Role Cop

ELIMINATED D1: AllenCaspe9510 Vanilla Townie
KILLED N1: Lumi Vanilla Townie

ELIMINATED D2: ShadowsEdge Traitor Watcher
KILLED N2: ElijahBaley Town Cop

ELIMINATED D3: Marshmallow Marshall Vanilla Townie
KILLED N3: Grilyon2 Vanilla Townie

ELIMINATED D4: 2b55b5g Town Neighbour
KILLED N4: Big Bon Jovi/Oliwaz144 Vanilla Townie

ELIMINATED D5: Nuclear Gandhi Vanilla Townie
ENDGAMED: Pqwerty Miller Vengeful Neighbour
ENDGAMED: Onjit/Gikkle Ascetic Fruit Vendor

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#2 2022-08-31 03:25:12

Lumi

Re: Mafia 52 Game Thread (GAME OVER)

Nuclear Gandhi wrote:

Hey, everyone //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool
Who is dragging this corpse around?
pee pee poo poo

Free Day1 pass to the first person who guesses that last reference correctly //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue
There may be many "correct" ones but only 1 that I had in mind //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

On a more serious note: how many here are new to this kind of game?

Hi!

I'm new to this, could you explain what's going on? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Norwee told me I should check it out, but I feel kind of lost rn //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

#3 2022-08-31 08:26:17

Lumi

Nuclear Gandhi wrote:
Lumi wrote:

Hi!

I'm new to this, could you explain what's going on? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Norwee told me I should check it out, but I feel kind of lost rn //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

Right..

Pqwerty wrote:
Nuclear Gandhi wrote:

anyways, what my role card told me to say was MM smells like chicken.
It's not me who wants to say it, it's the role card told me to.

If this wasn't a closed setup I wouldn't be asking, but is this actually part of your role card?

(pause for dramatic effect)

So rude, you ask if people are new and offer help - only to mock my response!

smh

#4 2022-08-31 08:34:28

Lumi

The moment when you realize that Nuclear Ghandi is OzyWho lol

Wooted by:

#5 2022-09-02 01:57:33

Lumi

What the heck

Majority only?

Cringe

#6 2022-09-02 02:50:48

Lumi

@Marshmallow Marshall
@Nuclear Gandhi

How do you two know ElijahBaley?

Do I know ElijahBaley under some other name?

#7 2022-09-02 03:07:46

Lumi

What the hell I can't post because it says I'm a spammer

#8 2022-09-02 03:19:18

Lumi

@2b55b5g

Stupid forum won't let me quote your post, so this is about your reads list.

The heck? You like Shadow so far for his reads???

He's made like ZERO reads and the stuff he has said was hedged to hell

What actual read of his did you even like?

#9 2022-09-02 03:21:44

Lumi

pqwerty is town here

He made a post pointing out how ShadowsEdge doesn't have many reads - shows he's actually reading the game rather than just throwing out content to appear active.

Those of you that have been townreading ShadowsEdge for "having good reads" should feel bad - when you actually look at his posts it's soooo empty

Wooted by:

#10 2022-09-02 03:22:14

Lumi

Nuclear Gandhi is polarized

And just in his town meta. Like, literal shield this slot all the way until F3 town meta. EZ read

#11 2022-09-02 03:22:46

Lumi

Grilyon2 is town as well, he town-slipped here:

Grilyon2 wrote:

Ok I'm gonna explain myself

Firstly, it's my first time playing and never really saw anything related to past games, so I don't understand at all the slang, roles and so on. So, probably my assumptions will end up being poorly

That being said, what's the matter with unvoting and 'wait till night'?: I didn't want to vote because these two reasons: Trying to prevent my role being mistaken, and avoid a contraproductive vote. However, it's true that Gandhi wrote a well explained post about voting is beneficial in day 1, and now I understand even a new player should apply that. Now that I see it again, I think I should vote.

My vote and pqwerty woots: I believe in pqwerty anti-town role but not about him being aligned with town. I believe he tried to paint MM as a contradictory to feed its supposed role, because really (I) don't see how you can misunderstand that, then tried to rectify because it did not work as intended? That's why i wooted.
My second guess is Eliah since he has been voting with little info and said not voting pqwerty just because is not scum which I think is not true

Soo !Vote Pqwerty

Another thing, I don't know how does roles are distributed by the host, guessing that is randomized? However, wouldn't it be weird to give a newbie a mafia role, it could screw up easy https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/6/60/012_inquisitive

Good good

#12 2022-09-02 03:24:28

Lumi

I need to know more about ElijahBaley's past in order to know if they are town or not - but right now I'm leaning towards townie on that slot too

The tonal opening from the slot felt good - like they were happy to be playing the game - most people prefer to play town than wolf.

Maybe a weaker read than some of my other ones though

Ozy and MM need to deliver on Elijah's past though, or Elijah could do it if they see this post before either of those two do.

#13 2022-09-02 03:26:33

Lumi

Marshmallow Marshall feels awkward and uncomfortable.

His OMGUS early on felt unnatural and not like the kind of reaction I would expect from him. Like I saw nothing to suspect pqwerty and yet MM thought it was enough to warrant an OMGUS vote rather than like just going back and forth or something.

The suspicion onto Elijah also feels very misplaced.

#14 2022-09-02 03:28:19

Lumi

BuzzerBee, 2b, and AllenCaspe all committed the crime of townreading ShadowsEdge for "having good reads" despite ShadowsEdge's contributions so far being very sparse.

They all need to answer for their crimes on what read exactly they even found townie

because there's literally nothing there.

#15 2022-09-02 03:29:35

Lumi

I don't know what the heck Minimania is doing right now, I thought his aggressive push was townie, but then he just immediately recanted it and gave up. No towncred there.

Also onjit and BigBonJovi seriously need to do something this game

#16 2022-09-02 03:30:59

Lumi

I really wish I randed wolf, majority elimination in an inactive game is just a recipe for town getting snowed.

I hard claim Vanilla Town. If wolves want to get rid of me they'll have to do it knowing that they're letting all the power roles in the game do their things.

#17 2022-09-02 03:32:22

Lumi

ShadowsEdge reacted to my post but isn't posting.

Come out and post, stop hiding

#18 2022-09-02 03:35:43

Lumi

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Not hiding, just rereading the thread as I mentioned before, I only briefly read it (or at least I think I mentioned that in my last post)

Let me know when you're caught up

#19 2022-09-02 04:04:11

Lumi

2b55b5g wrote:
Lumi wrote:

@2b55b5g

Stupid forum won't let me quote your post, so this is about your reads list.

The heck? You like Shadow so far for his reads???

He's made like ZERO reads and the stuff he has said was hedged to hell

What actual read of his did you even like?

i liked his take on Pqwerty being anti-town, cuz it did make me more certain that Pqwerty isn’t lying about it. i also agreed that Grilyon was off-putting.

though i backread his posts again and i do realize that the things i liked aren’t really reads, but more so thoughts on what’s currently happening, or just strategy stuff. i tend to confuse observations/thoughts as reads, so that was a mistake.

Scumreads, what are yours?

#20 2022-09-02 04:05:33

Lumi

Pqwerty wrote:

Hey Lumi, why are you claiming vt?

So I don't get night killed, lmao

#21 2022-09-02 04:13:17

Lumi

!vote AllenCaspe9510

Time to kill a woof

#22 2022-09-02 04:14:46

Lumi

Pqwerty wrote:
Lumi wrote:
Pqwerty wrote:

Yeah but like, no one prompted you to claim and no one is voting for you. If you’re actually a VT you made it easier for the mafia to hunt for PRs and if you’re a VT it’s way better that you get nightkilled than a PR, unless in like the next 12 hours you become the town leader.

This just pings me as weird.

Getting killed night 1 is a hobby of mine.

What do you think of Allen?

#23 2022-09-02 04:17:49

Lumi

Pqwerty wrote:
Lumi wrote:
Pqwerty wrote:

Also what fear does a VT have for being nightkilled? It’s definitely a less useful role than like a PR

Ok, I normally don't like to brag - but I will because I think it will help you solve the game.
I get killed night 1 a lot
In the MU Championships I got killed night 1 in a massively stacked playerlist and then have advanced to the finals just two points short of being the town with the most points.

If wolves decide to leave me alive to late game, they're going to have a bad time, this is my attempt to get to play a day 2 after seeing a threadstate completely devoid of leadership barreling straight towards a horrible no-elimination on day 1.

#24 2022-09-02 04:22:24

Lumi

Pqwerty wrote:

I think Allen gave a bunch of mediocre reads and then went back to lurking. Historically, he’s an easy D1 mischop. I don’t see Allen as the criminal mastermind yet

Let's talk about who you think are scum then.

No-elim on day 1 is absolutely not an option.

And because we're playing majority only, we really need to form the wagon early in order to have enough for a wagon to actually reach majority.
You're town, I'm town, ShadowsEdge is townie.

That's 3 votes, a good start towards wagoning whomever we want right now.

#25 2022-09-02 04:33:21

Lumi

Pqwerty wrote:

Wait how’d you go from agreeing with me that ShadowsEdge isn’t giving any reads to ShadowsEdge is town?

His posts lately are townie. He seems totally fine with just letting me lead without a conditionality to it of only liking me for pushing a particular player - in fact he's the one who got the vote on Allen before I did. Wolves generally don't see a confident town and then go "ya let's just sheep them before they've posted a read on me" - like that second part is critically important - ShadowsEdge came to the conclusion that I'm likely just town before I actually stated my read. I suppose he could have inferred it from me agreeing with his vote, but it's wolves get spooked at the idea of sheeping a leader type player that could then turn on them because they haven't actually stated a read on them yet.

He also liked my post earlier about me pointing out that people were townreading him despite him  not actually having made any real substantive reads yet - soft unpairs him with those three and there's a decent enough chance that there is a wolf among that grouping >rand at the very least.

Minimania1682495995797736

Board footer