Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-04-02 03:00:54

Killer4
Anonymous user

EE! is going to die. Not an April Fools joke.

I mean, EEU died before it even became an open beta. I reckon EE!'s fate will be no different.

Both EE and EEU died because of becoming an inactive wasteland, and that wasn't even when it was close to shutting down.

EEU ended when it basically started, so EE! probably will end at it's start.

And the old EE logo did have a question mark before, so veterans back at that time will be pretty confused upon hearing about EE!.

#2 2021-04-02 03:15:36

UppityUtensil
Anonymous user

Re: EE! is going to die. Not an April Fools joke.

Sounds like something a killer would say.

EEU was slapped together by an increasingly mad man and a bunch of demoralized community members. EE! has multiple professional, paid employees. There's no comparison between the two.

#3 2021-04-02 03:18:35, last edited by Killer4 (2021-04-02 03:22:06)

Killer4
Anonymous user

EEU was slapped together by an increasingly mad man and a bunch of demoralized community members. EE! has multiple professional, paid employees. There's no comparison between the two.

relatable, but its only that xeno had no braincells and didnt use oxygen nor carbon so he was a planck brain

cancelling the whole thing though and making another extremely slow development for another sequel is a bad fate for any project, and there is no void within the setbacks of that

sounds like something an utensil would say

oh and they made profit from what's only a html reliving for a FLASH GAME, random off topic fact though https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

wait how did i even get notif'd, the account system was locked away into the attic sentenced for a decade already

#4 2021-04-02 03:57:44

Obsessive_officer
Anonymous user

negative nancy

Wooted by: (2)

#5 2021-04-02 13:17:10

roasted Refugee
Anonymous user

I'm not holding my breath until I actually see EE! in full effect. I'd like for it to work out, but I don't want to get excited only for it to crash before it gets the chance to soar.

#6 2021-04-02 13:20:00

goofy Gaben
Anonymous user

Killer4 wrote:

cancelling the whole thing though and making another extremely slow development for another sequel is a bad fate for any project, and there is no void within the setbacks of that

How do you know it's going be "extremely slow development"? What exactly is this "bad fate"? EE and EEU died for unrelated reasons. So please elaborate on how you think EE! will die, and how that relates to the cancellation of EEU.

It is true that if you have the option to either complete a project, or cancel it and start again, completing the project will probably be faster. But getting to 1.0 isn't everything, you have to make sure it's sustainable beyond that. Scrapping the project and starting again may take longer, but you might end up with not only a better product for 1.0, but something that is more sustainable long term.

If we assume that EE! improves on EEU, then it should in theory last longer than EEU would. But I think you're probably trying to say that EE! won't make it to 1.0, similar to how EEU got cancelled. But if we look at the factors leading to the cancellation of EEU, I just don't get how you see any of that in EE!. As UppityUtensil said, there's no comparison.

#7 2021-04-02 19:03:48

Killer4
Anonymous user

And also, even if EE! makes it to Open Beta, it's just gonna be even more mini-limiting, with too fluid animations, making hook jumps, OBHJs, hovers, tightfits, all of it pretty much gone. It's just gonna HD everything even more too, to the point that EE isn't EE.

#8 2021-04-02 21:05:03

StonySchoolgirl
Anonymous user

Killer4 wrote:

And also, even if EE! makes it to Open Beta

If my memory serves, there won't be a beta. EE! will be released a fully finished project.

Killer4 wrote:

It's just gonna HD everything even more too, to the point that EE isn't EE.

Graphics didn't make EE what it is.

Killer4 wrote:

it's just gonna be even more mini-limiting, with too fluid animations, making hook jumps, OBHJs, hovers, tightfits, all of it pretty much gone.

Neither did any of these minis.

What made EE what it is was the gameplay, and the ability to interact with others. EEU did accomplish that, but it was never a finished project, and updates came too slow to support a living, breathing community for very long. EE! won't have this problem.

Wooted by:

#9 2021-04-02 21:14:39, last edited by WonderfulWorker25 (2021-04-03 00:04:35)

WonderfulWorker25
Anonymous user

Killer4 wrote:

making hook jumps.... pretty much gone.

they'd have to screw up the physics pretty bad to make 2-block hookjumps impossible
i wouldn't mind one-block hooks, hovers, & tightfits going because those are pretty inflexible and cliched when it comes to mini designs. however, the new physics could mess up a lot of precise actually good minis though and make those impossible.

tbh? the ideal ee! physics for me would be identical to ee flash but with coyote time (brief time after entering midair where you can still jump - to avoid a lot of exploits, the direction of the jump would depend on the gravity orientation you had when you were last on the ground). that probably also breaks or trivializes some minis but dammit i just don't find it fun to have to press space within a specific 4-frame timespan when i'm moving at full speed and trying to jump off a singular block.

-sw

#10 2021-04-02 23:02:06

horribleKidnapper72
Anonymous user

I think graphics is one important part of EE though. Looking at the sneak peeks, I can see that the graphics are totally different from EE. The point of blocks in EE is to be simple, look at the basic and brick blocks, they’re quite simple. The appeal of EE worlds is that simple blocks can still make astounding worlds. But looking at EE! blocks gives me a feeling of overly complicated blocks. This is probably just me though, and nonetheless I might simply get used to EE! blocks soon lol.

#11 2021-04-02 23:14:04, last edited by Killer4 (2021-04-02 23:15:54)

Killer4
Anonymous user

WonderfulWorker25 wrote:
Killer4 wrote:

they'd have to screw up the physics pretty bad to make 2-block hookjumps impossible
i wouldn't mind one-block hooks, hovers, & tightfits going because those are pretty inflexible and cliched when it comes to mini designs. however, the new physics could mess up a lot of precise actually good minis though and make those impossible.

tbh? the ideal ee! physics for me would be identical to ee flash but with coyote time (brief time after entering midair where you can still jump - to avoid a lot of exploits, the direction of the jump would depend on the gravity orientation you had when you were last on the ground). that probably also breaks or trivializes some minis but dammit i just don't find it fun to have to press space within a specific 5-frame timespan when i'm moving at full speed and trying to jump off a singular block.

-sw

minis would have to be a lot easier to be even possible

also i have an offline map that has hovers with timed blocks

#12 2021-04-02 23:14:51

horribleKidnapper72
Anonymous user

Killer4 wrote:
WonderfulWorker25 wrote:
Killer4 wrote:

tbh? the ideal ee! physics for me would be identical to ee flash but with coyote time (brief time after entering midair where you can still jump - to avoid a lot of exploits, the direction of the jump would depend on the gravity orientation you had when you were last on the ground). that probably also breaks or trivializes some minis but dammit i just don't find it fun to have to press space within a specific 5-frame timespan when i'm moving at full speed and trying to jump off a singular block.

-sw

Why are you sure about that when you never played EE! lmao

#13 2021-04-02 23:16:31, last edited by Killer4 (2021-04-02 23:17:42)

Killer4
Anonymous user

horribleKidnapper72 wrote:
Killer4 wrote:
WonderfulWorker25 wrote:
Killer4 wrote:

-sw

Why are you sure about that when you never played EE! lmao

plus i used ACTUAL GLITCHES in 3 levels once

we cant just let those become impossible too

#14 2021-04-02 23:17:41, last edited by horribleKidnapper72 (2021-04-02 23:19:16)

horribleKidnapper72
Anonymous user

Physics could mess up, doesn’t mean it will. And why do you like hovers and 1x1 hooks so much anyway they’re god awful. And who knows, maybe there’ll be new glitches.
There isn’t a point to reboot or remake EE if all people want is the old EE, staff could just reboot it in HTML5, but I don’t think the majority of the players now want EE, they either want EEU or EE! (or they quit)

#15 2021-04-02 23:18:38

Killer4
Anonymous user

Physics could mess up, doesn’t mean it will. And why do you like hovers and 1x1 hooks so much anyway they’re god awful

Why does every bad have to be seen as inherent

You can always put a twist in them

#16 2021-04-02 23:19:46, last edited by horribleKidnapper72 (2021-04-02 23:20:17)

horribleKidnapper72
Anonymous user

Killer4 wrote:

Physics could mess up, doesn’t mean it will. And why do you like hovers and 1x1 hooks so much anyway they’re god awful

Show me what twists you can do with those garbage without making them either harder or even more trash then.

#17 2021-04-02 23:21:12, last edited by Killer4 (2021-04-02 23:24:16)

Killer4
Anonymous user

Killer4 wrote:

Show me what twists you can do with those garbage then.

Timed blocks or something?

Plus I ain't no seeing hovers in every generic mini.

Back to the topic of EE!'s death, by the time EEU was announced the EE community was looking barebones already. EE! isn't going to suddenly make people remember EE.

#18 2021-04-02 23:24:08, last edited by horribleKidnapper72 (2021-04-02 23:28:07)

horribleKidnapper72
Anonymous user

Killer4 wrote:
Killer4 wrote:

Timed blocks does not remove the fact that the hover or 1x1 hook still exists, and you’ll have to do it. It just makes it more annoying.
Sure, hovers and 1x1 hooks rarely exists in generic minis now, why keep it then? The fact that no one uses it just proves that it is outright bad. People not using it doesn’t change the fact that they’re bad as well.
(in case if I misunderstood because my main language isn’t English, if you mean that hovers or 1x1 hooks exist in every generic mini, it still proves that they’re bad. you said that they’re generic)

Are you forgetting the fact that new players can exist btw

#19 2021-04-02 23:27:15, last edited by Killer4 (2021-04-02 23:27:39)

Killer4
Anonymous user

Killer4 wrote:
Killer4 wrote:

Timed blocks does not remove the fact that the hover or 1x1 hook still exists, and you’ll have to do it. It just makes it more annoying.
Sure, hovers and 1x1 hooks rarely exists in generic minis now, why keep it then? The fact that no one uses it just proves that it is outright bad. People not using it doesn’t change the fact that they’re bad as well.

Oh and did I forget to mention this concept I had once?

You know, say, that type of one block hook jump where you had to reach further?

What was it called? Oh I don't know, some club jump?

#20 2021-04-02 23:28:50, last edited by Killer4 (2021-04-02 23:29:26)

Killer4
Anonymous user

And back to the topic of EE!, by the time anyone was hyped for EEU (which was planned to be a revival of EE, a goal like EE!'s), the community was BAREBONES already, it's not like EE! is going to regain all of it's fans, so even if they revive the GAME they'll have to revive the COMMUNITY.

Wooted by:

#21 2021-04-02 23:29:58

horribleKidnapper72
Anonymous user

Killer4 wrote:
Killer4 wrote:
Killer4 wrote:

Oh and did I forget to mention this concept I had once?

You know, say, that type of one block hook jump where you had to reach further?

What was it called? Oh I don't know, some club jump?

A t-jump? Sure that’s a cool gimmick but it’s still bad. The only thing that makes it better than hovers or 1x1 hooks is that it isn’t completely luck. It’s only possible if you have enough speed, and that speed makes it easier than it seems.

#22 2021-04-02 23:30:25, last edited by horribleKidnapper72 (2021-04-02 23:30:53)

horribleKidnapper72
Anonymous user

Killer4 wrote:

And back to the topic of EE!, by the time anyone was hyped for EEU (which was planned to be a revival of EE, a goal like EE!'s), the community was BAREBONES already, it's not like EE! is going to regain all of it's fans, so even if they revive the GAME they'll have to revive the COMMUNITY.

False. New players can exist. The actual problem is if the staff can advertise enough to get new players, or even old players of the community.

Wooted by: (2)

#23 2021-04-02 23:30:31

Killer4
Anonymous user

"Are you forgetting the fact that new players can exist btw"

So what? Remove the campaign's mere concept?

#24 2021-04-02 23:32:14

Killer4
Anonymous user

Killer4 wrote:

False. New players can exist.

New players are not going to flood in in apparency.

#25 2021-04-02 23:32:19

horribleKidnapper72
Anonymous user

Killer4 wrote:

"Are you forgetting the fact that new players can exist btw"

So what? Remove the campaign's mere concept?

I was replying to the “community” thing btw. If you mean physics wise, campaigns are something new players can get used to (even though they’re still awful), but stuff like hovers are just luck to them, can’t get used to it.

Board footer