Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-02-18 20:43:38

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Help us design the new moderation system!

Hey everybody!

As mentioned in the Q&A section of the future plans post, we do not plan on adding a moderation system in EEU. If you break rules in EEU you will have your accessed revoked and there's not much more to it than that.

However, the lack of moderation system in EEU does not mean the moderation team has been idle. We've been hard at work thinking about and discussing how we plan to move forward with the way moderation will work in EE! We have a very good plan in mind (if I do say so myself //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue) but we'd really appreciate some community input!

The moderation system in legacy EE was far from the best and people were very vocal with their complaints. We've already designed the new system with consideration of these very valid criticisms, but we want to get more community input on an issue like this instead of just the vocal minority. After all, by playing the game you consent to follow the rules, so it makes sense that you'd get an opportunity to have a bit of a say about what these rules are and how harshly they should be enforced.

The bulk of this feedback form asks you to rank how severely you think each rule should be punished. However, there are also optional opportunities to respond to more specific questions where you can express your opinion about rules and situations that may be partially controversial.

You can find the feedback form here: https://forms.gle/kfLJKAVjgXTV1Nwx6

In order to reduce spam, you are required to have a Google account to complete this feedback form (we do not store emails). However, we appreciate that not everyone has a Google account. If you do not have a Google account and would still like to provide feedback then please message me either on the forums or on Discord (mutantdevle#0726) so I can send you a more accessible version.

The submissions for this feedback form will close in 1 week (25th February). However, I may still allow people to submit responses if they missed the deadline on a case by case basis (typically if they are deemed trustworthy).

In the weeks following the deadline, we will continue to privately discuss how the moderation system will work in EE! (which will be included in the initial 1.0 release). Your rankings and responses will influence these discussions and help us figure out some more of the specifics, potentially including things such as punishment lengths/scalings.

We want to thank every single one of you for your willingness to provide us with feedback. Responding to feedback is not a quick process and oftentimes goes on unnoticed behind the scenes. But regardless, your feedback is appreciated (even the negative stuff //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink). We hope that you'll continue to help us make EE! a game that is not just fun and exciting but, in cases like this, one that is safe and friendly as well.

TLDR:

just click here: https://forms.gle/kfLJKAVjgXTV1Nwx6

Keep smiling,
-mutant

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#2 2021-02-18 21:40:29

some woman

Re: Help us design the new moderation system!

excerpt of some feedback i gave

"inappropriate content - drugs" [...] i'm kind of surprised this is even on the questionnaire, are you asking the community whether the game should be kid-oriented? are you asking the community whether they can get in legal trouble for allowing drug talk?

10 years and still awkward. Keep it up, baby!

Wooted by:

#3 2021-02-18 22:38:34

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

some woman wrote:

i'm kind of surprised this is even on the questionnaire, are you asking the community whether the game should be kid-oriented?

This is an important question we haven't really had an answer to for years. But if you ask these forums which have lots of teens and young adults at this point, you'll probably get a general bias in favor of older audiences. The staff of EE! really need to consider this, whether they will (sometimes) take drastic steps for family-friendliness like Chris Benjaminsen, or treat it as an afterthought like the Nou era.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#4 2021-02-18 22:38:47

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

Keep smiling? racist to sad smiley //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

Wooted by: (2)

#5 2021-02-18 22:46:10

capasha

I don't even know what "sharing account" means. Does it mean post account it in the chat?
Or if I'm correct sharing the account with a friend or mass-sharing?

#6 2021-02-18 22:51:12

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

i guess im gonna be banned for sharing my account once just to continue my 319 day streak which broke the day after

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#7 2021-02-18 23:43:14

Grilyon2

Done, i submitted my answers //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Wooted by:

#8 2021-02-19 03:20:25

AllenCaspe9510
Website

Finished my 4 hour writing

I Animate Stuff

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Wooted by: (2)

#9 2021-02-19 04:42:30

rat
Formerly eleizibeth

great topic, devle!

speaking of google forms, i would appreciate it if you guys filled out my survey! it is about your preference on boobs or butt. here's the link: https://forms.gle/9wV2PZbv5sgxsmTQ9

i do not collect email addresses, but in order to reduce spam, you must have a google account to fill out the form.

Wooted by: (3)

#10 2021-02-19 08:44:48, last edited by Kira (2021-02-19 08:46:45)

Kira

EE needs a "behind the scenes" moderation system and not direct moderation. I never understood why chat ban was never implemented. Straight up makes 0 sense.
Instead of banning players left and right after getting reported by someone, let the world owners handle it. If they're okay with it then I don't see why anyone should get banned for it. Kinda like minecraft and player-made servers, I'm sure you don't see Mojang going around banning people for breaking the rules.

#11 2021-02-19 11:11:47

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

BABE PLEASE ADD SOCIAL CREDIT POINTS
-100 points for badmouthing satanya
u start with 1000 and if u go below 800 you get a free trip to gamescom reeducation center

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#12 2021-02-19 12:46:13

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

N1KF wrote:
some woman wrote:

i'm kind of surprised this is even on the questionnaire, are you asking the community whether the game should be kid-oriented?

This is an important question we haven't really had an answer to for years. But if you ask these forums which have lots of teens and young adults at this point, you'll probably get a general bias in favor of older audiences. The staff of EE! really need to consider this, whether they will (sometimes) take drastic steps for family-friendliness like Chris Benjaminsen, or treat it as an afterthought like the Nou era.

Yes, the current demographic of the player base versus the demographic the game is oriented towards is definitely something we're going to take into consideration. In general, the target audience is between the ages of 13 and 18; the rules and how they are enforced will reflect the lower end of that. So yeah, do expect a return to the more family-friendly oriented game.

When it comes to questions like how seriously we will be taking drug talk, we do already have a lot of answers in mind. It's important to remember that this feedback is designed to influence our discussions more so than decide anything for us. I just thought it best to include a ranking of all the [then] planned rules rather than only asking for feedback on the ones that are most likely to be debatable. After all, if we believe the decisions we have come to are the 'obvious common sense' ones, then the feedback should reflect that.

capasha wrote:

I don't even know what "sharing account" means. Does it mean post account it in the chat?
Or if I'm correct sharing the account with a friend or mass-sharing?

It can mean all of these things. In the detailed feedback, we specify that we only plan to punish this in certain circumstances; though, we do not yet want to share which circumstances are and are not included in our current plan so as to not influence people's answers to the question asking which circumstances you think should be punishable.

Kira wrote:

EE needs a "behind the scenes" moderation system and not direct moderation. I never understood why chat ban was never implemented. Straight up makes 0 sense.
Instead of banning players left and right after getting reported by someone, let the world owners handle it. If they're okay with it then I don't see why anyone should get banned for it. Kinda like minecraft and player-made servers, I'm sure you don't see Mojang going around banning people for breaking the rules.

EE did actually have chat bans but they stopped working a long time ago and were not fixed until November 2020. In the final month of EE, 18 (temporary) chat bans were issued.

Relying on world owners to moderate the game would not be an effective way of keeping the game safe. The world owner is not always present in the world and they may ignore hurtful and discriminatory things being said in the chat if it is not directed at them or their friends. It would also put the world owner in a position of power where they can be hurtful to those that join their worlds without consequence. Instead, players will be able to have private more mature conversations in private worlds where the world owner is given more responsibility. But that will not be a complete freedom from consequences and more details about that will be given at a later time.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#13 2021-02-19 16:40:27, last edited by hummerz5 (2021-02-19 16:41:45)

hummerz5

mutantdevle wrote:

Relying on world owners to moderate the game would not be an effective way of keeping the game safe. The world owner is not always present in the world and they may ignore hurtful and discriminatory things being said in the chat if it is not directed at them or their friends. It would also put the world owner in a position of power where they can be hurtful to those that join their worlds without consequence.

Precisely. The world owner could be the person doing this anyway. And it doesn't seem that the new moderation team wants to take the libertarian "don't like the world? Don't join it!" for one thing, that doesn't really handle any of the legal issues lol.

I think this is a great idea, getting the temperature of the community before drawing up specifics of the rule system. Hopefully this granularity will help with perceived fairness of moderation.

edit: of course, there's still the issue of skew between the sampled answering community members and the actual population demographics, but as you mentioned, that is being taken into account.

#14 2021-02-26 01:01:51

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Submissions are now closed! I want to give a huge thank you to all 138 people who responded and especially to the 30% who chose to fill out the more detailed version!! Your feedback is going to be very useful in the coming weeks and months as we finish up designing the moderation system for EE!

I've been reading through some of the responses (about 25% of them) and it's very reassuring to see people suggesting things that are already firmly in our design document. But in addition to that, I've already seen a few new ideas that are worth considering/discussing. So it's fair to say that this feedback collection has been very worth it - even if it does mean more work //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

mutantdevle1614297711788661

Board footer