Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-08-31 22:19:47

Minisaurus
Banned

When will it be too later to fix and improve physics in EEU?

EEU fate will be the same than it was for EE?
This question is mainly for the current (and ex) developers (and owners) of EE/EEU

A lot of issues with physics weren´t ever fixed in EE because of the same excuse over and over again "Too much worlds used it" "It would break too much worlds"

When will that apply to EEU too?
Will EEU bad/bland physics be kept as too many worlds uses them?

Wooted by: (2)

#2 2020-08-31 22:21:15, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-08-31 22:22:48)

Minisaurus
Banned

Re: When will it be too later to fix and improve physics in EEU?

There is so few people it makes too evident I am "too active" in forums lol

Hidden text
Hidden text

#3 2020-08-31 22:22:22

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

I suppose a solution to the issue would be that, once EEU is fully released, any updates to the physics thereafter should not apply to previous worlds automatically.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#4 2020-08-31 22:25:30, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-08-31 22:26:17)

Minisaurus
Banned

mutantdevle wrote:

any updates to the physics thereafter should not apply to previous worlds automatically.

That would mean to make it client side or keep a ton of outdated physics data in the EEU server side (I assume)

I think that might be kinda problematic, but there could be similar solutions (or the same solution if the staff figure out how to do that efficiently)

#5 2020-08-31 22:28:03

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

*patrick voice*

We should take the physics from EE

AND PUSH THEM INTO EEU

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#6 2020-08-31 22:32:58, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-08-31 22:34:22)

Minisaurus
Banned

˄ Mimic EE physics in EEU sounds to me the best thing ever I could ever see happening to the game.
I would love to see EEU physics to actually be good as EE physics are (Playability) but keeping them bug&glitch-free. (But also introducing "hidden/secret" features that makes them better and more interesting of course)

Wooted by:

#7 2020-09-01 07:32:38

peace

mutantdevle wrote:

I suppose a solution to the issue would be that, once EEU is fully released, any updates to the physics thereafter should not apply to previous worlds automatically.

that would be broken as hell what if you chnage your world a bit? also do u want to flood over the server/client wiht unecresarry things

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

Wooted by:

#8 2020-09-01 17:05:55, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-09-01 18:25:23)

Minisaurus
Banned

peace wrote:

what if you chnage your world a bit

About that, the world would keep the same physics so nothing would be broken

peace wrote:

flood over the server/client wiht unecresarry things

That is the concern I have of that idea, Either the server or the client would need to keep that data of outdated physics, so idk a solution for it that does not mean to handle that amount of unneded data

_

Still the priority is the game over the worlds builded in it, so if there is no way to not break the worlds without implying a lot of out-dated data or releasing the code of the game, then I guess the staff should proceed anyway to improve the physics, as it means that all future worlds will have improvements and better features in physics, wich makes the game in general much more enjoyable.

New worlds can be always be builded whenever players want to do it and I don´t think any tweak for physics might break concepts, as concepts are the structure of a mini, and it can be re-builded/re-imagined with the new physics always.

In the other hand, what is unforgivable is to keep physics issues, bland physiscs for ever without doing anything to improve them, that is unpardonable.

#9 2020-09-01 19:27:41, last edited by Edilights (2020-09-01 19:31:33)

Edilights
Website

Minisaurus wrote:

There is so few people it makes too evident I am "too active" in forums lol

If I make a topic about the cause of toxicity in EE . Nobody care or in worse situations they blame me .
You think rationally , if we ask about EEU progress is a vague of no response . Anyway ... Why EE players go to another games? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral
The physics are lightly than in EE ... I have a weird coincidence if the one-way work more faster than previous in EE ... It will be questionable or opposite .

#10 2020-09-03 07:40:09

peace

if pysics get broken over the years becuase of new additions (like boosters are broken added and they fix them now when they only hav eto break 10 worlds then after a few years they add and double boost speed effect (whcih osnt somehtign i woudl uggest but ok) the item would double your speed in boosters) then sudenly th eboosters break again staff ha to fix it and potetnially break some worlds for the sake of the game

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#11 2020-09-06 00:50:36

Koya
Fabulous Member

Embrace changing the physics, there might be better physics waiting to be discovered. The game is changing enough already, it isn't a port, embrace the change.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

Koya1599349836784615

Board footer