Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-20 00:58:44, last edited by mrjawapa (2020-03-04 15:49:39)

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Mafia 42 - Game Thread - Day 4

- I'm not enforcing any rules on inactivity. That will be governed by the players.
- Day phases will be 72 hours, night phases will be 48; give or take depending on my schedule.
- My messages will be in this color. Do not use it, or I will be angry.
- All votes should be inside an h-tag. I'm not going to be strict about this, but not doing so could mean your vote gets missed.
- Don't do anything to **** off Tomahawk.
- If you're not a player, don't post here. If you're dead, don't post here.
- This is a game, don't be a **** to others.
- A lynch will occur when someone has collected a majority of votes. If no majority is met, no one will be lynched. If a majority is met, players may continue to post in the thread until it is locked.

This is my first time hosting a mafia game. I will probably make mistakes. PM me if I do, so I can fix them.

All night actions should be sent in a PM, including the mafia's.

If you have any questions, PM me.

Alive Players:
1. Buzzerbee
5. Onjit
9. Kirby

Graveyard:
4. Kira - Doctor
2. Crybaby - Sheriff
11. pqwerty - Vanilla Townie
8. Shadow - Mafia Framer
3. 2B - Godfather
6. NorBoy
7. Peace
10. Diff55

Role list

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by:

#2 2020-02-20 06:18:41

Pqwerty

Re: Mafia 42 - Game Thread - Day 4

So, today kind of favors the mafia. They have a 5/8 shot of hitting a PR/SK, and either a 5/7 or 4/7 chance depending on if they lynch a PR. Town's chance of hitting a scum is 4/11 today.

Let's watch out for people pushing too hard for a lynch today because a randlynch today really helps the mafia.

#3 2020-02-20 17:46:27

Pqwerty

NorwegianboyEE wrote:
peace wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

If we lynch one town, SK targets town,

why do you asume sk targets town an dnot mafia?

I was speculating on the worst possible scenario for town.

So, if that's the case I think a No-Lynch > Randlynch today. Also, I'm at school rn so I'll try and see who seems scummy when I get out.

#4 2020-02-21 04:03:18

Pqwerty

Are we going in order for this? Or can I claim now?

#5 2020-02-21 04:24:01

Pqwerty

But like, what are we going to do about Kirb? Do we skip him and go straight to Diff and me? He hasn't posted all game.

#6 2020-02-24 00:40:38

Pqwerty

So hey everyone, I won't be on much but I have something to say really quick about the mass claim.

I feel like Kira's vet claim was super risky but could've been a high reward.

Let's look at the roles who had reasons to lie, and let's look at the roles that didn't. RB, Mafia, SK, and Doc all had reasons to lie because they are PRs who can't protect themselves or don't want to out themselves as scum. So, they would all claim VT. The only PRs with motives to lie and Claim Vet are the doc and rb, because scum wouldn't do something that is so easily disprovable (and sheriff can investigate them because they'd be protected by the doc). If the Doc/RB claims vet and the vet stays silent, then they would be almost guaranteed 3 days of life because the scum wouldn't dare shoot at them (out of fear of being countered), and the town wouldn't lynch it because they would be an UnCC'd vet. Also, the vet could only end up killing the RB or scum because Sheriff would be protected by the doc.

The problem with this could be that the Vet didn't trust the other claim, but the thing is, the scum wouldn't do something so risky.

On further consideration, a mass claim would only out the vet and sheriff because everyone else would claim VT (so it only narrows things down a little bit).

If done correctly, this would've been helpful for town. But I legit don't think any scum would've actually cc'd vet. Also, Kira's whole thing about claiming Godfather was also weird because I think he was trying to be like "Real scum wouldn't act this scummy, so I must be town", but that's a risky WIFOM thing.

Long story short, I lean tr on Norweg for suggesting the mass claim but I don't think Norweg or the town executed it correctly.

#7 2020-02-25 18:08:46

Pqwerty

Ok so here are my reads so far:
Norweg - 100% vet for obvious reasons
Peace - leaning sk because he is only reading for mafia (I have found no posts where he's looking for an sk), he was dead set that Crybaby, Norweg, and Kira were mafia yesterday (#11,#29,#96), and all he's being doing is being angry at Kirby for not being active. If Kirby is town, then sk wins if they kill all the mafia and NL every day (like Crybaby did in that one mafia game). If Kirby is mafia/sk, then hurray for us because we have one less scum to deal with. I don't like that he's tunneling on Kirby, and I feel like he's being scummy but not in the same way that he would be when he's mafia.
TNG - town lean because he defended Kira and Norweg (#168 and #176), and has been rational and justified in his votes.
Shadow - unsure. Said Kira might be town but has been memeing all game.
Kirby -  unsure. Maybe he's trying to win by not posting a single thing in any chat?
Diff55 - mafia lean. Kira scumreads him for posting the obvious (#38) and he was going to post his reads but he said that it's not the direction we're going and asked how many PR's we have (#137) (Also, why do you need to ask how many PRs? That's not helpful and there's a RL).
Onjit - mafia lean. #189 pushes for the mass claim after vet and sheriff have already claimed. It's basically a waste of time at that point because everyone will claim VT and wasting time is not a town thing. #4, #26, #10, #19, #22, #280 are all filler. #171 is just weird (why would we start rolling dice once we have the scum and VTs in the same pool?). I just feel like he's holding the town back.
Buzzerbee - very slight mafia lean (not as much as Onjit or Diff) because Parroting in #101 and #166. #104 he wants a mass claim even though it will out the doc (instead of suggesting the doc doesn't claim), but then in #167 he tells doc not to claim (which I think other people said before that). However, he provided good reasons for the Kira lynch (i.e. Kira could be a goon fishing for roles, why did Kira need 2B to provide a defense for him, etc.). Basically, he said a lot of unoriginal stuff but the original stuff was good, too.

I'd be down for a lynch on Onjit or Diff tbh, so I'll start one today and the other tomorrow.

!lynch Onjit

#8 2020-02-25 19:34:11

Pqwerty

I don’t mean to be rude because I know you have a life outside of this game, but when are you planning on reading the thread? Your first post on this was 13:00 yesterday and 18:00 today. In both you say you’re going to read the thread.

#9 2020-03-05 06:05:34

Pqwerty

I honestly liked the game but the ending was a bit unexpected. It's always fun when there's a lot of twists and turns and such. I thought mafia or SK were going to win.

#10 2020-03-06 03:31:30

Pqwerty

Onjit wrote:

cornman release the transcripts

show us the mafia and dead chats

no pro quo

ASDruska1583498411775915

Board footer