Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-18 23:11:13, last edited by NoNK (2019-08-13 10:56:38)

NoNK

Mafia 27: PurgatorEE [GAME OVER!]

Welcome to Mafia 27  --- PurgatorEE

Moderator: HeyNK

Game state: GAME OVER!

All flavour and smileys are solely for our combined enjoyment and have no effect on gameplay.

Starring...

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/d/d9/096_kungfumaster    Trytu

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/e/e1/036_templar    Kirby

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/a/a2/032_diamond    Onjit

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/a/a9/087_bishop    ZeldaXD

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/e/ed/016_bigspender    sxrrealism Slabdrill

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5a/017_superman    NorwegianboyEE

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/4/4b/028_commando    Processor

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/89/123_light_wizard    Caleb101 peace

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/2/24/064_gasmask    Zoey2070

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/e/ea/089_bruce   2B55B5G TNG

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5b/024_fan_boy   mutantdevle

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/6/6c/027_bully   Kira

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/0/04/115_graduate   Crybaby

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/9/9c/010_shades   mrjawapa

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/6/67/013_ninja   TaskManager

Stuck in PurgatorEE (Alive at Endgame)
Invited to EEU (Heaven)
Kicked out of the World (Hell)
Game Events:

Game start
Hell phase 1 ends
Heaven phase 1 ends
Hell phase 2 ends
Heaven phase 2 ends
Hell phase 3 ends
Heaven phase 3 ends
Hell phase 4 ends
Heaven phase 4 ends
Hell phase 5 ends
Heaven phase 5 ends
Hell phase 6 ends
Heaven phase 6 ends
Game over!

Game Rules:
Game Rules
Setup
setup details
Sample Role PMs:

Vanilla Townie

Role

Mafia Goon

Role

Wooted by:

#2 2019-07-19 00:08:55

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Re: Mafia 27: PurgatorEE [GAME OVER!]

Is it okay if I don't want to go to either heaven or hell?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#3 2019-07-19 13:28:00

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Processor wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

Is it okay if I don't want to go to either heaven or hell?

No.

!vote @mutantdevle

Why do you think I'm mafia for having this opinion?

Crybaby wrote:

I dont think it's fair to say that Processor is Mafia just based off of that alone ?

Well, it is if he can't justify why he thinks that. Though, I'd rather not send someone like Processer away in the first phase when

For the record, Norweiganboy is pretty much 100% correct in my motivations for wanting to remain in the game.

Onjit wrote:

!vote trytu
no post no stay

I think Onjit (and Norweiganboy) are right in that this phase's vote should be on a player of lower activity. I'm tempted to vote trytu too but I'm not so sure I trust Onjit. That said, if trytu is mafia, it'd be very strong evidence to suggest that Onjit is a townie.

Also, I think Norweiganboy is looking pretty townie at the moment not just from his posts but because I think it's likely he'd have known about the announcement PM if he shared a PT with a bunch of people who had access to it.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#4 2019-07-19 14:44:30

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Kira wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Kira, you’re not being very helpful.

The issue here is that even if I tried to help it would be pointless. The only way to find a mafia is by post analysis which is not factual information.

"Hey this guy is looking mafia today because he said this and that."
"Okay and how can you prove that?"

There is literally no way Mafia will ever lose this.

Dude... that's the whole damn point of the game... why are you playing mafia if you don't want to analyse people's posts to determine their motives?

Roles aren't supposed to solve a game of mafia - they just have done in previous games because they've all been role madness. You're not usually meant to be able to make definitive conclusions. Mafia is a game of guesswork and opinions, of hiding and finding motives. You're supposed to look at the things that people say and do and think "does that come from town motivation on scum motivation?" If your answer to that question is 'I don't know' then the next question you should be thinking is "What can I do/say to find out?".

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#5 2019-07-19 16:35:33

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

ZeldaXD wrote:

I also advocate for nobody to vote for anyone until we're 100% sure they're scum, so I request the people who have voted (Caleb101, Processor, NorwegianboyEE and Kira) to !unvote.

This strategy is inherently flawed because we're never going to be 100% sure that anyone is scum. It also only takes 1 person to not agree to do it for the whole thing to fall apart.

Eg:

I don't care for this idea and I'm going to use my vote as I see fit. People voting as they see fit is healthy for the game as votes are useful for things like analysing voting patterns, putting pressure on people, and getting a better sense for associations. I personally find it scummy for people to try and deny us that kind of information and interactions.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#6 2019-07-20 11:42:31

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Considering a third of the people in the game are mafia I'm not comfortable with how quickly Kirby gained votes. I'm especially uncomfortable with it considering Maxi pretty much started the chain and I don't really trust him - that's not a "he's yet to do anything towny" kind of lack of a trust, it's a "I get bad vibes from this guy" lack of trust. So from my perspective, it seems a little convenient that Maxi 'forgot' that jawapa was guilty of the same thing as Kirby and hence it looks like he just chose for the wagon to be on Kirby over jawapa. The only thing that would make me not want to lynch jawapa instead of kirby is that jawapa is more likely to be more active. But that said, in this situation it also makes it more suspicious that jawapa would not be saying anything when I'd kind of expect very little input from Kirby.

So basically I suggest we lynch jawapa instead of Kirby. If jawapa is indeed mafia, then that'd be a pretty strong case that Maxi is too.

!vote mrjawapa

I'm now keeping a closer eye on everyone who voted Kirby. Since Crybaby unvoted I think that's actually quite a townie thing to do so he has my trust for now. Zoey is the person I'm most suspicious of. Whilst everyone else could argue that they voted because they wanted to provoke a response from Kirby, there's no way that this:

Zoey2070 wrote:

ok i guess we doin kirby then

Is anything other than Zoey pretty much saying she was prepared to have kirby lynched there and then without a response from him. She knew this would put him at L-1.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#7 2019-07-20 14:52:53

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

!unvote

Definitely liking his contributions now and there's obviously not anything to criticise his explanation for why he wasn't posting.

!vote Zoey2070

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#8 2019-07-20 16:31:05

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Zoey2070 wrote:

okay in my defense, i didn't bother counting how many people voted for Kirby and I really didn't mean to almost get him lynched. That's my bad and I guess I'll be more careful in the future.

A) There was a vote count 3 posts above yours, with the 2 posts between being for Kirby. There is no way you didn't know that he was close to being lynched.
B) I think it's pretty clear with what you said when you voted that you were either in favour of him being lynched in the near future or were at the very least indifferent to it.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (4)

#9 2019-07-20 17:45:25

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Just to clarify, I legit don't want to go to heaven (or hell). Obviously, no one wants to go to hell. But I don't want to go to heaven either because I don't see anything to be gained from that. Obviously, wanting to stick around and play a part in the game is a factor in that. But even if everyone in the thread were to trust 100% that I'm townie I still wouldn't want to go to heaven because we don't win by sending townies to heaven, we just lose if we send too many mafia there. In my opinion, the people that should be sent to heaven would be the least valuable people that we think are town. Aka, any towny-looking inactives. Of course, the people we send shouldn't be too bad at the game/inactive as they'd likely make the wrong call on a judgement day.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#10 2019-07-20 18:03:51

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

mrjawapa wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

Aka, any towny-looking inactives.

Who do you have in mind?

I haven't thought that far yet lol.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#11 2019-07-21 15:03:46

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

while it's possible that many of the mafia refrained from voting Zoey, they could also have conspired to vote her to make themselves seem more innocent.

As a general rule, I think that the later on the wagon a person voted the less town-credit we can give them.

That said, I'm not all that confident that Processer deserves the town-credit that he's awarding himself for being the first to vote Zoey.

Crybaby wrote:

The only reason I trust Yonom is because he called Zoey on her bs.

Did he? All Processor said about her is this:

Processor wrote:

My tells:

Good list:
Kirby
Crybaby
mutantdevle

Suspect list:
Zoey
2B
Onjit

!lynch Zoey2070 <3

He doesn't justify why nor had he been critical of Zoey beforehand. Additionally, the heart at the end of the vote makes me just think the reason he voted Zoey out of the 3 people he labelled as suspicious is just that she is the person he's friendliest with. In his previous post he was also voting for me, @proc, may I ask what changed between that post and this one that made you put me in your good list?

I'm sorry but I just can't rule out the possibility that Proc is mafia who got lucky in voting for a fellow mafia member before a wagon started on them - especially given how proc has been self-enforcing the idea that he's town ever since the start of this phase.

On the topic of who we should vote into heaven today, I'm more set on Kirby than I am Crybaby. Aside from the fact that I town read Kirby more, I think Crybaby is going to be more useful to us down here. Y'all seem to think that we shouldn't be voting Kirby because he's not going to be too useful when it comes to judgement days. Well first of all, the earliest we'd experience a judgement day is in 6 phases (including this one). That means we'll have plenty of opportunity to add more people to heaven before then. So due to that, Kirby is also a good choice because he isn't likely to detract from the decision that gets made. I also think we shouldn't necessarily be so focussed on defining our actions by what's optimal for judgement day as, as far as I'm concerned, judgement days are a sort of a worst-case scenario (though obviously we shouldn't be totally unprepared for it).

!vote Kirby

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (2)

#12 2019-07-21 15:14:20

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Crybaby wrote:

Also, I'd like to know your suspect list, since I feel like you're historically pretty good at reading people

I totally missed this post earlier and I think it's about time I posted my reads:

Trustworthy:
- Kirby
- NorwegianboyEE
- Crybaby

Mixed Feelings:
- ZeldaXD
- Processor
- 2B55B5G TNG
- Kira
- mrjawapa

No Idea:
- sxrrealism
- Caleb101

Suspicious Of:
- Trytu
- Onjit
- TaskManager

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#13 2019-07-21 15:44:47

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Crybaby wrote:

No, vote me in instead

I still think that regardless you have more to do down here. I think it'd be best to vote you into heaven either next heaven phase or the one after that.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#14 2019-07-22 18:28:33

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Processor wrote:

TaskManager town.

Why?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#15 2019-07-23 16:30:36

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

I really need to re-read this phase at some point.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#16 2019-07-24 12:23:22

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Trytu wrote:

honestly mostly i was trying to follow mutantdevle's posts
now when mutantdevle didn't said anything for 2 days i'm quite confused what to do

That's ironic, because now I'm going to be the one following you.

Trytu wrote:

!vote Trytu

I've only skim read everything that's been said during this phase. So basically, I've paid attention to what people think of each other but I haven't really formed my own opinions. That said, voting for yourself to be lynched is a bad thing to do and should be discouraged. Basically, I'm policy-voting for you.

!vote Trytu

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#17 2019-07-24 17:31:48

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Cool. Who wants to go to heaven?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#18 2019-07-25 17:58:53

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

To be honest, I think it should be Crybaby's choice of whether or not he goes to heaven. In my opinion, there are alternatives than just us 2. Ultimately, I think I have more of a list of people who I definitely do not want to send to heaven rather than a list of people that I do.

I think Jawapa is actually a pretty good candidate to send to heaven. It's kind of odd that no one's suggested him yet.

I'm fundamentally against the idea of me being sent to heaven. I've expressed that numerous times this game and if a vote were to start on me I would fight it like a lynch. I personally find it suspicious whenever anyone suggests me as a heaven candidate due to how much I've said I don't want to be sent there. Slabdrill's comments about it strike me as especially Weasley like he was trying to get rid of me whilst I'm not around too much.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (2)

#19 2019-07-25 18:00:35

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Crybaby is currently on 5/7 votes.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#20 2019-07-25 18:19:50

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

NorwegianboyEE wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

It's kind of odd that no one's suggested him yet.

I mentioned him before during the first heaven phase i think. But yeah that's a bit strange. Don't you think it's more likely that the people that don't get mentioned are less likely to be mafia?

Well, not really. Mainly because I believe that the people that are getting mentioned (me and Crybaby) are town. But, assuming Jawapa is indeed town, it would certainly provide evidence that the reason myself and Crybaby are such popular candidates is that the mafia wants rid of us. Hence other valid candidates like jawapa are being overlooked.

On a slightly unrelated note, @Processor, could you tell me why Zoey would woot this post?
yDbQxD8.png
I think the rest of us just passed his comments off as unfunny ****. The only reason I could see that someone would woot such a post is if they found it entertaining. Why would Zoey find a post like this entertaining especially given it's the only post by a player that she wooted.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#21 2019-07-25 18:35:34

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Crybaby wrote:

How come you havent voted yet, Mutant?

I don't feel that I need to.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#22 2019-07-25 18:36:43

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

That question will remain unanswered for the time being.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (3)

#23 2019-07-25 19:20:47

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Onjit wrote:

On one hand, I agree (we can afford to have a few mislynches) however, I feel like we can gain more information from lynching trytu than a lurker

Onjit, may I ask what we've learnt from lynching Trytu?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#24 2019-07-25 21:07:54

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Processor wrote:

I don't feel comfortable with how fast jawapa has gained votes.
I am calling Jawapa sus.

Crybaby gained all of their votes in just 2 hours. Do you not find that suspicious too?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#25 2019-07-25 22:17:01

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

I'm honestly fine with both Norweiganboy OR jawapa being sent to heaven.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

ASDruska1565804809759016

Board footer