Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Insuevi

Are saved rooms making the game less unique?

It's just something I've noticed - after the addition of saving in Beta, all the popular rooms are reloaded any time the server has to reset. Prior to that, any time the server was down, people were forced to make new rooms (unless they were using an animator hack, but I rarely saw that).

I don't know, it just seems like half the rooms I go into are rooms I'd completed earlier in the week. Is it just me?

Last edited by Insuevi (Aug 26 2010 7:15:14 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

Re: Are saved rooms making the game less unique?

I think saved rooms are making the game MORE unique, they present the opportunity to get very creative with your levels with no fear of losing your data.

#3 Before February 2015

Thomx

I agree with Cyclone. Some of the better levels lately have been saved ones.

#4 Before February 2015

MIHB

While there are unique levels being created, I think the presence of saved worlds does inhibit the creation of new worlds.

#5 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

Maybe this could be solved by adding a couple of Save slots? Maybe even charge about 1$ per account for a new slot. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#6 Before February 2015

nge1301

I agree with Insuevi.
I have completed a lot of these saved worlds, and Its boring to do them all again.
but some of the saved leves are VERY good and original.
My favourite level I have ever played is "only experts".
very original

#7 Before February 2015

Insuevi

Oh, don't get me wrong - the saved levels do have noticeably more work done on them and are very well done, but there seems to be a lack of different rooms now.

#8 Before February 2015

musuki

I've noticed this too and I hope those with saved rooms will create new levels over time.

#9 Before February 2015

kamikaze

Yeah it used to be there were many new worlds every day, but now if your lucky there will be one good new world.

#10 Before February 2015

Zap

It's awesome that the great worlds get to be saved, but I don't like that crappy ones are saved too, and the name changing is a *****. Also I'm still waiting on free saved worlds.

#11 Before February 2015

musuki

Hmm... Usually, from what I've seen, there are roughly 900-1000 people online at once. I don't know what would happen if they all had the opportunity to save a room...

#12 Before February 2015

Thomx

*points to sig*

However, I agree that we end up seeing the same levels be popular instead of rotating through things. I barely play actual levels anymore because every time I go on, the same ones are at the top.

#13 Before February 2015

Zap

musuki wrote:

Hmm... Usually, from what I've seen, there are roughly 900-1000 people online at once. I don't know what would happen if they all had the opportunity to save a room...

......Well I guess when that time comes, Chris will have a better level selection I guess. =/

#14 Before February 2015

Advancé

no i think that we should have no saved level because its taking the fun out of the game. you play the same level with a different name over and over again and it get boring.

#15 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

Saved levels are making me and my crew better room developers. Sure we post our levels again, but we make new ones.

#16 Before February 2015

Rurigok

I have a split opinion that is for and also against saved rooms.

Saved rooms allow creators to make much higher quality maps without the fear of losing all of their hard work.   It also allows people to be more original and unique in their design.

Then again, we have people who are too lazy to build nice NON-MINIGAME levels.   They were fun at first, but now, almost all veteran players absolutely despise them. <sarcasm> (Oh look, 100 multicolored boxes full of hook jumps and one-block-high jumps, how fun!) </sarcasm> Since the saved rooms obviously are saved, these levels never seem to die.  

In all, I'd say that saved levels aren't really affecting the "uniqueness" of levels, they're effecting the number of levels.   It seems like less levels are getting put up and we have the same old levels up for longer periods of time.

Insuevi 1423855096106336

Board footer