Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 Before February 2015

Buzzerbee
Forum Admin

Re: EEForumify Theme

JaWapa wrote:

Looks nice... but I still don't like the theme...

Yeah, it could use improvements. *cough* alignment *cough*
Maybe a textured background.

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

Wooted by:

#52 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

I'm aware that the logo is not the best. I didn't put a whole lot of effort into it, as I hadn't a lot of time to do so.
Once there's enough logo submissions, I'll create a poll and decide which one should take over.

Anyhow, thanks for the feedback!

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by:

#53 Before February 2015

Onjit
Website

1. I like the new theme.
2. It should be aligned properly.
3. I like this:
8zNCX.png

Last edited by Onjit (May 5 2014 12:11:46 am)

:.|:;

Wooted by:

#54 Before February 2015

dragonranger

Eh, why don't you add custom themes then?
maybe if people vote on a web design they like, add it in.
Especially if you have the option to change this theme to the old one, why not just add more? People can choose which one they prefer

Wooted by:

#55 Before February 2015

gregregreg
Website

I feel like I'm gonna be one of the few, but this is really cool for me, since... well, I like blue and black.
I just loooove! darkish colors.

Signature last updated 7 Feb 2020 2:08 AM PST (-8 UTC)

Basically inactive but I'll come in sometimes and yeah who the funk am I kidding I don't visit here anymore. check out my totally legit avi tho I made it when I was like 14
Best of luck to you all in your lives. Thanks for all the good times.

~greg³

Wooted by:

#56 Before February 2015

skullz17

I like Buzzerbee's one, but I'd rather if it either just had the shades smiley without changing, or no smiley at all.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by:

#57 Before February 2015

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Is it just my tablet or does the background look like a star field.... smh

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by:

#58 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Just your tablet.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#59 Before February 2015

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

49e0a78d5e.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cvl38dbqdo525 … -13-50.png

Well its hidious <---- hth do you spell that

Edit: I don't like the bbcode picture... use the link...

Last edited by JaWapa (May 5 2014 6:29:57 am)

Wooted by:

#60 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

nvm, I see it, too, now. I wouldn't say that it's hideous, but it definitely wouldn't be my first choice for a background.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#61 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

JaWapa wrote:

49e0a78d5e.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cvl38dbqdo525 … -13-50.png

Well its hidious <---- hth do you spell that

Edit: I don't like the bbcode picture... use the link...

That background is actually a remnant of the old style of the old style that Cyclone used for ee.forumify.
It's gone now.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by:

#62 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

this new theme is completely awful lol.   no improvement and tons of things being broken/made worse.   only good thing is that i can switch back, gj

That was rude.   If you're going to insult someone's hours of work, at least make it constructive.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

Wooted by:

#63 Before February 2015

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

TakoMan02 wrote:
32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

this new theme is completely awful lol.   no improvement and tons of things being broken/made worse.   only good thing is that i can switch back, gj

That was rude.   If you're going to insult someone's hours of work, at least make it constructive.

That was pretty constructive... he got his point across didn't he? Very few people that I know wanted a new theme... and those that did wanted minor changes... its an okay theme just not something on here

Wooted by:

#64 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

JaWapa wrote:
TakoMan02 wrote:
32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

That was pretty constructive... he got his point across didn't he? Very few people that I know wanted a new theme... and those that did wanted minor changes... its an okay theme just not something on here

Not exactly. It hasn't gotten any point across other than few people provide explanations for why they dislike the changes in particular.

Only stating that you dislike it provides little information for improvement and doing so gives me the impression that the individual only dislikes it because it's a change, not because of it having any unappealing qualities.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by:

#65 Before February 2015

Bimps

why is it novin1 and novin1 o, what do the names mean?

also here's a screenshot of it on a 1920x1080 screen, looks good
opxOc8E.png

Last edited by Bimps (May 5 2014 1:49:05 pm)

Wooted by:

#66 Before February 2015

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

XxAtillaxX wrote:
JaWapa wrote:
TakoMan02 wrote:

Not exactly. It hasn't gotten any point across other than few people provide explanations for why they dislike the changes in particular.

Only stating that you dislike it provides little information for improvement and doing so gives me the impression that the individual only dislikes it because it's a change, not because of it having any unappealing qualities.

He said that the new theme made things worse and that the only thing that is good about it is that he can change back to old one. So he's providing that the new theme is messed up and that he doesn't like it.

Wooted by:

#67 Before February 2015

Onjit
Website

JaWapa wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:
JaWapa wrote:

He said that the new theme made things worse and that the only thing that is good about it is that he can change back to old one. So he's providing that the new theme is messed up and that he doesn't like it.

But that doesn't help anyone, he should say why exactly he doesn't like it, and how it can be made better. Just throwing your hands up and saying "I hate it!" doesn't help anyone. Be specific.

:.|:;

Wooted by:

#68 Before February 2015

Buzzerbee
Forum Admin

Seriously, with the new theme came a lot of bug fixes. Atilla and Meredith kindly brought back the old forums for us, and they are trying their best to keep things running. The content of the forums is still the same, and if you scroll down just a little bit, you can't even see the banner at the top. The aesthetics matters, yes, but it's not the end of the world if it isn't exactly what you want. They can't please everybody.

If you want a different theme, code it yourself and submit it to them.

Last edited by BuzzerBee (May 6 2014 12:50:20 am)

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

Wooted by:

#69 Before February 2015

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

BuzzerBee wrote:

Seriously, with the new theme came a lot of bug fixes. Atilla and Meredith kindly brought back the old forums for us, and they are trying their best to keep things running. The content of the forums is still the same, and if you scroll down just a little bit, you can't even see the banner at the top. The aesthetics matters, yes, but it's not the end of the world if it isn't exactly what you want. They can't please everybody.

If you want a different theme, code it yourself and submit it to them.

That could be a good idea. But for some reason I see someone submitting this massively messed up theme.

Wooted by:

#70 Before February 2015

Zumza

Report:

This black looks terrible in a retina displays and at low brighten can't be read.
Page alight is mostly different between forum and forum settings.
This site looks now as an ECONOMIC one.
Just look at the logo max. 8 min. with Gimp.
I don't like the new website, that's it.... Is not looking professional. This patchs have no scope.
Attila if you really have a vision of how will look this forum in future I recommend to close this topic.
You can easy inspire from http://www.sitepoint.com/design/

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

Wooted by:

#71 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

I don't see how minimalism is a bad thing. Making a logo isn't supposed to take hours of work, it's a relatively straightforward process most of the time.

And quite honestly the old logo was much larger than it needed to be. Nobody should want a logo that takes up 30% of the page.

I don't know how one could complain about the colour/shade black and think they have a legitimate point.
You must have a terrible LCD monitor if pure black looks bad on it.

Also, I hope you realise that Novin theme itself is/was NOT professionally designed.
There's screenshots and downloads of its history to the point where it was retouched.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by:

#72 Before February 2015

Zumza

I don't know maybe is an Safari error. When I go back in old theme is look pretty good. But on actual theme Safari makes everything darker.
On the PC looks very modern, I like it.

Check http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/vali … g=&lang=en maybe fix the error.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

Wooted by:

#73 Before February 2015

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

How can black look bad on screen? Black is black...

Wooted by:

#74 Before February 2015

Anch

I don't really like the theme. I changed to the old one. I think you should make the logo a little better.

Wooted by:

#75 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

anch159 wrote:

I don't really like the theme. I changed to the old one. I think you should make the logo a little better.

Which is why I asked for logo suggestions. As soon as there's enough diversity amongst the submissions, I'll start a vote on which one to use.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by:
XxAtillaxX14239528648568

Board footer