Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

kamikaze

Are stairs replacing minigames?

Stairs have been around on EE pretty much since its creation, but ive noticed that recently there are   a lot more of them than normal, and now people are creating elaborate levels of mostly or all stairs. So tell me, do YOU like stair levels or do you think they are just as redundant as minigames. I personally think that stairs have the potential to go a long way, if they were mixed with scenic levels, and used unique design.

#2 Before February 2015

Super_Luigi

Re: Are stairs replacing minigames?

No, stairs are terrible.   Holding the jump button and hoping you get up top first is NOT fun, IMO.   I much prefer levels with challenges that test your mastery of the physics/controls (but not cheaply difficult, i.e. no checkpoints or lots of hookjumps), engage your mind through having to figure out the pathway through, or both.   Most minigame levels do not do that, either; if they did, I wouldn't dislike them as much as I do.

#3 Before February 2015

Rurigok

^
What he said.

Stairs are horrible.

#4 Before February 2015

kamikaze

I think of stairs as mini races, and I love race levels, but I guess they are kind of overused.

#5 Before February 2015

Super_Luigi

But races can be made SOO much more creative.   Take those red vs. blue levels (I made one before).   They are races, yet far more exciting as they incorporate minigame concepts.

#6 Before February 2015

Zap

Overused minigames and stairs seperately are complete **** imo.

But Races (both together) are very fun when done right.

#7 Before February 2015

Cedantes

I think all in all Stairs, Races AND minigames are getting   bit boring now.
Theres only so much each can do and it is getting boring and repetitive.
New things need to be created i think. Weather new minigames or a new style of level all together

#8 Before February 2015

I Like This Game2

Just simply stairs are crap by themselfs. The doors need to be made into more of a challenge, but I have no problem with doors being used within a room.

#9 Before February 2015

PlasmaVirus

I like the idea of just combining all these genres together to create one epic level. Sometimes, races, and minigames are just levels that can not be a genre by themselves. If you combine all these genres together, now there's a unique and eventful adventure. It's even tougher to try and fit all these into the limited space.

#10 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

I hate stairs, just jumping over and over again. No originality whatsoever.

Someone should introduce some kind of spin to make them more original, that would make me happy. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#11 Before February 2015

musuki

Where does EE go from here? Are we doomed to the same old rooms, just continually rebranded, for eternity? Or will somebody's ingenuity or future updates spark a revolution?

#12 Before February 2015

Burnett

Minigames good.But stairs and minigames more good ^^.

#13 Before February 2015

Azarlak

I agree to those saying that stairs should not be used in a whole level, but could be pretty fun or interesting as a PART of a map.

#14 Before February 2015

kamikaze

Urunberkay12 wrote:

Minigames good.But stairs and minigames more good ^^.

an entire level of minigames is rarely good. But I like the idea of a combination of all the "genres" of level in one world.

#15 Before February 2015

Fendox

I am trying to make up a fun way to have stairs...

#16 Before February 2015

I Like This Game2

Fendox wrote:

I am trying to make up a fun way to have stairs...

I find stairs more fun when they are simply more than just a slope at the same angle all the time. Try and make a varriety of different steps within the stairs with some sort of minigame using the colour door you use for the stairs at the top. Also if you're doing stairs and minigames, don't just put all 3 stairs next to each other, put some minigames inbetween.

#17 Before February 2015

danwhite89

One of my favourite levels was one which was constistantly reliant on the keys. It was predominantly a stairs level but tried as much as it could to be innovative, and it worked. There were plenty of minigames and the way it worked best was because where there was a red key, there might have not been a green key when you got to the green part of the level. And there were an awful lot of keys, but it meant that you couldn't spy on the map and see when someone got to the end of the doors, because they may or may not hit a key. Sometimes you'd even finish a blue run and hit a green key, it was complete pot luck. And there wasn't a single spam opportunity in site //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

kamikaze 1423855436105996

Board footer