Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

123zack4

EVER?

is the beta ever gonna be free?
are you going to make it free when you get to a new beta?

#2 Before February 2015

Doom moose

Re: EVER?

no. it will never be free because chris needs the money to keep the servers up and running. He is paying ACTUAL MONEY to keep the servers up. so either beta will still cost money and EE stays AD FREE or Beta is free and EE is overrun with ad's. So either shut up and deal with it or pay 9.95 for beta access.

#3 Before February 2015

Flare

Buy or don't buy. That's pretty much it. No, it's not going to be free. Sadly, you weren't playing when he was allowing people to donate whatever amount they wanted.

(One cent FTW. I sadly had to donate 10 dollars, since all cards I could use were invalid at the any-pay time.)

#4 Before February 2015

Alex

Beta will never be free, because the payments he gets support the game.

However beta features will eventually become official features(don't mean to make you feel stupid, but beta is essentially testing before general release), that said, their will probably always be something beta has that normal users do not, because Chris has an ambitious list of features to add.

#5 Before February 2015

Avalkiz

Flare wrote:

Buy or don't buy. That's pretty much it. No, it's not going to be free. Sadly, you weren't playing when he was allowing people to donate whatever amount they wanted.

(One cent FTW. I sadly had to donate 10 dollars, since all cards I could use were invalid at the any-pay time.)

Did You donate 1 cent? LOL

#6 Before February 2015

Alex

Avalkiz wrote:
Flare wrote:

Did You donate 1 cent? LOL

Quick question, can you read?
It says right there that he had to donate 10 because cards weren't working at the time.
><

#7 Before February 2015

Flare

Seriously, l2read, //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue But yeah, like Alex said Beta Features will be normal eventually.

#8 Before February 2015

Avalkiz

Oh dam >.< Blindz0r :/
I donated 1$ as I just wanted to get the smileys, I was really surprised and happy when I got e-mail about invitation to beta project //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
I'm not greedy or something, If I had 10$ to spend on something, I would donate it to CHris

#9 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

Geesh! Are you guys really that poor!? It's just 10 dollars!

I for one donated a penny because I wanted the smileys. But better yet, I get beta along with it. You guys are too late.

#10 Before February 2015

Avalkiz

Well, I have better things to buy for that 10$ instead of donating it, sorry :rolleyes:

#11 Before February 2015

Jojomanjo

I do not think beta will ever be free. What happens to the people who bought beta for $9.95?

#12 Before February 2015

Rurigok

Beta will be free eventually unless Everybody Edits (free version) starts to cost money.   That is why it is called a 'beta'.   The people who bought it should know that; plus, they'll probably get some more smilies or some other thing like that.

#13 Before February 2015

xiaounlimited

Rurigok wrote:

Beta will be free eventually unless Everybody Edits (free version) starts to cost money.   That is why it is called a 'beta'.   The people who bought it should know that; plus, they'll probably get some more smilies or some other thing like that.

I bought beta access knowing I would be subject to new developed features before everybody else and that at some point it would be accessible to the general public.

I disagree however (despite the fact I paid) with the notion that beta users deserve extra smilies or something. I don't see how "beta tester" is synonymous with "premium user."

The only feature I approve of being beta-only is the little star beside a map name.

Last edited by xiaounlimited (Oct 7 2010 8:47:12 pm)

#14 Before February 2015

Zap

I'm waiting on the free version, because my local stores only have $25 prepaid cards at the least, with $6 activation fees, so no thanks. Yeah, I don't have a paypal yet.

#15 Before February 2015

Dayimo

Maybe if beta is updated some more, then more stuff will be on the free version :/ .

123zack4 1423855466105966

Board footer