Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Snackfast

Do you like collecting coins in Levels?

Well I do, only if it is a reasonable amount.
I don't like it when people add coins all over the place, leaving some unreachable.

#2 Before February 2015

jjfly12

Re: Do you like collecting coins in Levels?

If some are unreachable why would you be collecting coins?
I do, unless the coins are over 400.

#3 Before February 2015

Cedantes

I do, no matter the number.
If people put coins in a level then the point is to get them.

Thats something that bugs me in a way. If someone goes through the trouble of putting in coins and people just ignore them then whats the point.

#4 Before February 2015

Super_Luigi

I like coins to represent optional, and perhaps more difficult, challenges you must overcome to get them.   When coins are pointlessly strewn across a level, there's absolutely no fun in that.

#5 Before February 2015

Killcreek

I love collecting coins in a level, especially minigames.
Just the same as you, when there are a lot of coins scattered around, I don't want to collect them anymore..
There are also times when I accidentally go to the next minigame and won't be able to get the coin, I won't even think about getting the coins any more https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

#6 Before February 2015

Burnett

I love but not love to much coins laggy.

#7 Before February 2015

Zap

Coins for winning challenges? Yes

Coins just for being there? No.

#8 Before February 2015

Snackfast

jjfly12 wrote:

If some are unreachable why would you be collecting coins?
I do, unless the coins are over 400.

If I go out my way collecting coins half way through the levels, then a few are unreachable, it defeats the purpose

#9 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

I hate suicide coins (when the coins make you start over)
I mean I like collecting them, But when they are put in fail spots, I mean, just HECK NO.

#10 Before February 2015

thesadface

Not really.
Unless a new update comes out coins will have no use.
Most of the time I don't collect coins but if I'm in a good mood I'll do it.
But when theres too many coins in a map theres no point in wasting that much time IMHO.

#11 Before February 2015

PlasmaVirus

Coins can be very fun to collect when skillfully and thoughtfully placed, and are well balanced. (Like in a platformer video game; Super Mario Brothers, for example) Meaning, as long as the coins stay between the lines of making the challenge harder and funner, are completely accessible, are used as rewards for completing a challenge, or are used in "bonus areas", then I like to collect them. Making suicide coins that cost you a lot of unnecessary damage, or just putting them there for no reason, I'll ignore them. I hate it when every bit of free space is taken up by a coin. It always seems overwhelming and uncomfortable to have all these coins taking up the place.

#12 Before February 2015

luker2009

yeah if i miss a coin and cant go back i dont try getting them anymore.

#13 Before February 2015

xiaounlimited

I admittedly have over a thousand easy-to-get coins in my adventure map - which I plan to scrap in favour of a different map.

I think the best usage of coins is, as said above, when they are used as bonus challenges. When the total is something like 10 gold coins in the entire map with 2 extra blue coins they feel like they're worth more. That said,

Drock2308 wrote:

I hate suicide coins (when the coins make you start over)
I mean I like collecting them, But when they are put in fail spots, I mean, just HECK NO.

Enter The Eye had a bunch of these coins. Not worth it. It is however more interesting when say, a room has the exit at half it's height but has a coin at the very top. Optional bonus challenges make it more worth it, especially when they aren't artificial like suicide coins.

If coin gates get implemented they will have even more value. I will certainly be putting a crown behind a coin gate.

#14 Before February 2015

I Like This Game2

Too many coins gets annoying, but I still try to collect them ALL!

#15 Before February 2015

Dayimo

No! Bad levels are levels that have over 500 coins. And it's even worse if it's over 2000.

Snackfast 1423855494105938

Board footer