Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

MIHB

Want to host an old EX Crew map?

Hey everybody,

We in the EX Crew are looking to see if anybody with a beta account and an empty map they do not use would like to host one of our old maps.   We know that there are many new players who have not yet tried our maps (and veterans who would like to play them again), and we do not have enough accounts to both host old maps and create new maps.   With the difficulty in uploading maps, its also no longer feasible to regularly load maps in unsaved worlds.   Also, we are concerned that uploading maps will become no longer possible at all before multiple saves per account becomes available.

As such, if you have a beta account but do not use your map slot and would like to host one of our old maps, please let us know.   If you want to (and seem cool and trustworthy) we'll upload the map of your choice onto your beta slot.  
The rules:

1.   You use the correct name for the map
2.   You do not make any changes to the map (other than correcting obvious errors to the aesthetics during uploading or by randomly clicking gods)
3.   You keep the map up for a minimum of 2 weeks
4.   You be available on occasion if we need to correct errors on the map
5.   If the map is full of people and you are around, you give the password to any EX members who need to help players
What you get:

1.   Ability to host and play the map of your choice
2.   Ability to skip irritating rooms (or the entire map)
3.   Ability to fly around laughing at hapless players
4.   Smug factor
Available maps:

Trolled Minis
Cube
Please let us know if you would like to host one of those maps, either by responding to this thread or by messaging me.

Thanks and good playing!

Last edited by MIHB (Dec 12 2010 4:16:03 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

robotnikfart

Re: Want to host an old EX Crew map?

I could host it, as I have a free level. PM me and tell me when you can be on. I can probably on almost anytime from 10:00 to 5:00 GMT-8 tomorrow.

#3 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

As long as I can get help clearing the old level, I'll be happy to host one. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#4 Before February 2015

Azarlak

Too bad I don't have beta. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile It would have been so awsome to be able to host one of EX Crews maps. :/

Last edited by AZarlak (Sep 30 2010 3:18:55 am)

#5 Before February 2015

robotnikfart

I have a completely cleared, free slot. Want to use that? And if so, may I host Illusion?

http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWOwMAAA

Last edited by robotnikfart (Oct 1 2010 1:13:30 pm)

#6 Before February 2015

Google

MIHB wrote:

Hey everybody,

We in the EX Crew are looking to see if anybody with a beta account and an empty map they do not use would like to host one of our old maps.   We know that there are many new players who have not yet tried our maps (and veterans who would like to play them again), and we do not have enough accounts to both host old maps and create new maps.   With the difficulty in uploading maps, its also no longer feasible to regularly load maps in unsaved worlds.   Also, we are concerned that uploading maps will become no longer possible at all before multiple saves per account becomes available.

As such, if you have a beta account but do not use your map slot and would like to host one of our old maps, please let us know.   If you want to (and seem cool and trustworthy) we'll upload the map of your choice onto your beta slot.  
The rules:

1.   You use the correct name for the map
2.   You do not make any changes to the map (other than correcting obvious errors to the aesthetics during uploading or by randomly clicking gods)
3.   You keep the map up for a minimum of 2 weeks
4.   You be available on occasion if we need to correct errors on the map
5.   If the map is full of people and you are around, you give the password to any EX members who need to help players
What you get:

1.   Ability to host and play the map of your choice
2.   Ability to skip irritating rooms (or the entire map)
3.   Ability to fly around laughing at hapless players
4.   Smug factor
Available maps:

Ice Level
Oh crap Bears
Illusion
The Tower of Babel (currently up in one of our accounts, but will probably be taken down for our next EX Pro map)
Cube (animation no longer works, but it still functions as a maze)
Please let us know if you would like to host one of those maps, either by responding to this thread or by messaging me.

Thanks and good playing!

I would host one but it would mean removing my own map, i'll give it some thought.
Also i'd like to add that putting rules in place and giving the person a time limit on how long they may keep it is just a tiny bit flawed, being so none of the rules can be enforced and you have no control at all with what they do with the map.

Last edited by Google (Oct 1 2010 1:52:46 pm)

#7 Before February 2015

Slushie

I could host a map if they're still up for grabs //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

ok

#8 Before February 2015

MIHB

Google wrote:

I would host one but it would mean removing my own map, i'll give it some thought.

We really wouldn't encourage you to take yours down if you are still happy with it, we were thinking more along the lines of players who don't make maps, or players with readily disposable maps they'd rather use for one of our maps.

Also i'd like to add that putting rules in place and giving the person a time limit on how long they may keep it is just a tiny bit flawed, being so none of the rules can be enforced and you have no control at all with what they do with the map.

We're working off the honor system, of course.   But actually we have a secret band of ninja assassins fully prepared to do. . . what must be done.

#9 Before February 2015

Rurigok

My beta level is free to host a map; contact me if you want to use my saved level.

#10 Before February 2015

Fendox

As soon as I get my beta I can host one of your levels.
That would be cool.

#11 Before February 2015

Zap

Too bad the animation on Cube is dead. :/

#12 Before February 2015

Insuevi

My room is free if you're still looking for anybody to host.

It's filled with blocks, though; do I need to manually clear it?

#13 Before February 2015

MIHB

Insuevi wrote:

My room is free if you're still looking for anybody to host.

It's filled with blocks, though; do I need to manually clear it?

I can clear it, but it takes a while to both clear it and upload a new map, so we could only do it when both you and I are available for a while.   Or I could set my minions to clear it, which would be faster.

#14 Before February 2015

MIHB

Zap wrote:

Too bad the animation on Cube is dead. :/

I could actually probably get it to run again, but animation is generally a pain now and Cube was never that popular.

#15 Before February 2015

Azarlak

Minions, lol.

#16 Before February 2015

gamez7

Hi MIHB! I would like to host one of the EX Crew's levels. I just need a little help erasing some stuff, and then I'm good to go! You can host Cube or Illusion, but I would prefer Cube. Thx!

~gamez7 //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

Last edited by gamez7 (Oct 3 2010 11:21:35 am)

#17 Before February 2015

Insuevi

MIHB wrote:

I can clear it, but it takes a while to both clear it and upload a new map, so we could only do it when both you and I are available for a while.   Or I could set my minions to clear it, which would be faster.

I had a little spare time so I cleared it. My room never got any use and I scrapped my idea for it anyway.

It's empty and set for whatever you want to do to it. Let me know what you need and what I need and I'll try and help you out.

#18 Before February 2015

MIHB

Anybody want to host Oh crap Bears?

#19 Before February 2015

Flare

Obviously you saved the levels to Aslai's animator, but how exactly are you still using it? Didn't Chris strengthen the encryption or something along those lines?

#20 Before February 2015

MIHB

Flare wrote:

Obviously you saved the levels to Aslai's animator, but how exactly are you still using it? Didn't Chris strengthen the encryption or something along those lines?

Yeah.   Its still breakable, but the encryption and the block limit combine to make uploading a pain.   Thats why we won't upload to unsaved maps anymore.

#21 Before February 2015

MIHB

Trolled Minis and Oh crap Bears are currently available.

Last edited by MIHB (Oct 24 2010 4:32:48 pm)

MIHB 1423855587105845

Board footer