Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

nlmdejonge

where the updates at?

Man, over 5 weeks went by without any noticeable updates to the game. Can't you add something small that allows room builders to try new things? Even something as simple as an arrow pointing north-east, which is insanely simple to add for you, could open up lots of new possibilities. Adding two blocks, one with a "10" on it and other with "100" on it that show the amount of coins a player needs to pass them would also be simple to implement. I don't understand why it should take all this time to add even little updates. I'm sure all developers are very busy, but what I'm suggesting are things that take barely any time to add... This is not about adding teleporting or chat functionalities, but about simple things. Lots of these things in the "What next?" blog post are easy to implement... icy/sticky/slanted bricks are not that difficult. Why would you even mention a "starting point brick": it makes no sense to allowed people to vote for it, since it can be added in no time. Chris, just add one small thing each week while you're working on these bigger changes. One small thing a week, it makes a big difference for the players.

I have permanently left the game and forum.
EE is an entertaining game and I enjoyed playing it...
...but it's time for me to move on.

#2 Before February 2015

Alex

Re: where the updates at?

>simple to implement
>do you have any coding experience to back up your claims?

I do agree that we've been missing some updates for awhile, but you don't seem to understand that people have lives to worry about, dude.
A long time without an update can mean he's working on a big thing that isn't finished yet, too.

#3 Before February 2015

Zeal

alex wrote:

>simple to implement
>do you have any coding experience to back up your claims?

I do agree that we've been missing some updates for awhile, but you don't seem to understand that people have lives to worry about, dude.
A long time without an update can mean he's working on a big thing that isn't finished yet, too.

crap,

I remember waiting like 1-2 months without any updates but yet when he did add somethign was it cool?
was it blowing me off my feet awesome? no it was a crap update similar to crap about fb and stuff.

#4 Before February 2015

CocaRola

I sent Chris an email today and got this in reply:
---
I have been vacating and busy working on other projects.
Development of EE will start back up with new speed on the 1sh of next month. Stay tuned and thanks for waiting
/Chris
---
So i guess there isn't that much longer till an update comes out.

#5 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

Hopefully Chris will stick to that, seems fair to wait at least another day for some new progress.

Here's hoping for the new text block! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#6 Before February 2015

Alex

Zeal wrote:

I remember waiting like 1-2 months without any updates but yet when he did add somethign was it cool?
was it blowing me off my feet awesome? no it was a crap update similar to crap about fb and stuff.

Not saying it always does mean this, but it can, sometimes. Back when trillian astra was in beta we went like a month without any updates, then suddenly the next update was the final release.

From the email above we can probably conclude that this is not the case for EE, though. Still, we'll get new stuff soon enough.

nlmdejonge1423855593105839

Board footer