Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-14 17:15:21, last edited by Anatoly (2017-04-14 17:23:43)

Anatoly

Ohh! Ideas!

It's time guys! EE is dieing, but now even faster! We must do some changes!

I. Staff Rights VS World Owner Right

As told here, here, here, here and here [ZIOXEI] many Staff members aren't able to control stuff many times.

a) Staff removes rights on kicking World Owner, or anybody else in World, unless World Owner is away.
b) World Owner receives privileges over staff, as Staff can simply do /giveedit %theirname%, and be in rights to control the world
c) World Owner cannot be kicked, even if he does that by his-self.
d) Staff Members could be reported. Seriously. Read italic Text ^ And if you report a specific staff member then that staff member will not be allowed to handle that report, so he will not be able to hide. Also I think those reports must get voted by the non-staff community. We need to make the game more democratic. Those votes will happen per IP.

II. Suggestions

Suggestions haven't been accepted even if they were good, so i would suggest [Yeah it's sounds bad, but anyway] to make those suggestions voted by the community. Also it would be great if there would be a hard to-do list, what should be done in order.

a) If OP of Graphical topics is allowing to use his Graphics, then the community decides if the Graphics is good. If it is, then it will be added to the game with the same to-do list.
b) If a Suggestion (not a thread with many suggestions in it) receives more then 20/25 woots it will be added to the to-do list
c) Campaigns should be added more often, and to have differences, do not add 10 extreme worlds for one basic, it would be good if it is 50:50
d) It would be great to have people who are on this forum and design graphics here. Those ideas could be made real and added.

III. Rules

The rules must be updated and be more specific. Example:

Paragraph 1, sentence 5: Report rule breakers using the /reportabuse command.

If you didn't reported somebody you get banned? Seriously it's annoying, why you need to use a command if you can easily click on his name and click on the report button. With new versions of EE, it would be good if you would updated the rules, if necessary.

IV. Outdated Information

Wikipedia
Staff Membership: # Did phinarose got demoted already? Don't get it? When did you last changed it?
Smileys: I guess the latest smiley is 157 (Leprechaun). Not really bad, looks like this was often updated. Only 5 smileys missing.
Blocks: The last was Summer 2016. :/

V. New Information

In the Wikipedia Common Puzzles is the only thing which tells about minigames. But if a new player sees that he would think: What the **** is that?.
We need to sort them by difficulty, add a new category for art. That's how to send people to play EE.

VI. Daily Videos

it would be good that every day you could watch a video to get one gem, as it would be too fast, i would suggest include something like 0.2 Gems, So it would be every 5 days 1 Gem

VII. World Version

The Staff wants to change the base. Understandable! But as it will break many worlds, you need to prevent this. Excluding them! But how? For every world ad a storage column "Version", and every time you make a major change new worlds will be with the new id. The id can be updated also via the world settings, you get one test week to see if the world is not brocken, if it is you can still move back to your previous world version. This will also split many EE' worlds into many different types, and players won't get bored and can play campaigns with a new physic.

I guess that's all for now! Thank you for listening me!

#2 2017-04-14 18:11:28

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Re: Ohh! Ideas!

AnatolyEE wrote:
IV. Outdated Information

Wikipedia
Staff Membership: # Did phinarose got demoted already? Don't get it? When did you last changed it?
Smileys: I guess the latest smiley is 157 (Leprechaun). Not really bad, looks like this was often updated. Only 5 smileys missing.

V. New Information

In the Wikipedia Common Puzzles is the only thing which tells about minigames. But if a new player sees that he would think: What the **** is that?.
We need to sort them by difficulty, add a new category for art. That's how to send people to play EE.

Zoey2070 and I tried to get the wiki going again but it just kind of faded away. If we start doing stuff again I'm going to have to finish my Manual of Style page first.

#3 2017-04-14 20:05:25, last edited by Minisaurus (2017-04-14 20:26:26)

Minisaurus
Banned

About II. Suggestions, votes can be cheated, there are a lot of hackers that can spam votes for a graphic suggestion.

There must be a list of selected players able to vote the graphic suggestion, because the hackers changing the IP to vote more than once.

About users, players can create multiple accounts to spam votes as well, that is why I think it would be needed a selected player list.

It´s really hard (or impossible) to make a safe vote list without getting it trolled by hackers and spammers.

The best would be receive a Moderator answer in the suggestions topics, to know what they think, if the suggestion, either graphical or for in-game, need a fix, a improvement or is okay and could be introduced in a future EE version.
About rejecting stuff, I think is not a good idea let anyone reject a suggestion, even moderators (not rejecting does not mean accepting), because that graphic/in-game suggestion could have an improvement and get great results.

#4 2017-04-15 13:32:17, last edited by Koya (2017-04-15 22:38:56)

Koya
Fabulous Member

AnatolyEE wrote:
I. Staff Rights VS World Owner Right

As told here, here, here, here and here [ZIOXEI] many Staff members aren't able to control stuff many times.

a) Staff removes rights on kicking World Owner, or anybody else in World, unless World Owner is away.
b) World Owner receives privileges over staff, as Staff can simply do /giveedit %theirname%, and be in rights to control the world
c) World Owner cannot be kicked, even if he does that by his-self.
d) Staff Members could be reported. Seriously. Read italic Text ^ And if you report a specific staff member then that staff member will not be allowed to handle that report, so he will not be able to hide. Also I think those reports must get voted by the non-staff community. We need to make the game more democratic. Those votes will happen per IP.

I is an awful idea honestly (also, I don't think staff kick people (I don't unless it's my world), if they're being kicked they're banned.)
a) Sometimes the world owner is doing bad things and we do need to remove them
b) I don't think any staff member past and present has ever trolled a world, so removing the ability to edit for that is nonsense - I've removed a number of **** and swastikas where the world owner had been afk.
c) See a, also why make point c when point a covers it and why shouldn't you be able to kick yourself?
d) You can report the staff, you have always been able to - in the report tool nobody can delete reports so it can't be covered up or anything, if a staff member is misbehaving then please do report them. Holding a vote on whether someone breaking the rules takes like a day where megalamb can do it in 10 seconds and have a fairer outcome.

AnatolyEE wrote:
II. Suggestions

Suggestions haven't been accepted even if they were good, so i would suggest [Yeah it's sounds bad, but anyway] to make those suggestions voted by the community. Also it would be great if there would be a hard to-do list, what should be done in order.

a) If OP of Graphical topics is allowing to use his Graphics, then the community decides if the Graphics is good. If it is, then it will be added to the game with the same to-do list.
b) If a Suggestion (not a thread with many suggestions in it) receives more then 20/25 woots it will be added to the to-do list
c) Campaigns should be added more often, and to have differences, do not add 10 extreme worlds for one basic, it would be good if it is 50:50
d) It would be great to have people who are on this forum and design graphics here. Those ideas could be made real and added.

a) Toop can do better than most and keep a consistent style, I'm not 100% sure on Toop's method but it seems to be mostly OC work.
b) No, bad ideas can be added - every idea posted is read and if it isn't stupid then might be considered.
c) I'm not part of the campaign team so I can't comment.
d) Quality and demand, mostly.

AnatolyEE wrote:
III. Rules

The rules must be updated and be more specific. Example:

Paragraph 1, sentence 5: Report rule breakers using the /reportabuse command.

If you didn't reported somebody you get banned? Seriously it's annoying, why you need to use a command if you can easily click on his name and click on the report button. With new versions of EE, it would be good if you would updated the rules, if necessary.

Joking right?

AnatolyEE wrote:
IV. Outdated Information

Wikipedia

V. New Information

http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewto … 78#p654678 (above)

AnatolyEE wrote:
VI. Daily Videos

it would be good that every day you could watch a video to get one gem, as it would be too fast, i would suggest include something like 0.2 Gems, So it would be every 5 days 1 Gem

What does EE get to gain?

AnatolyEE wrote:
VII. World Version

The Staff wants to change the base. Understandable! But as it will break many worlds, you need to prevent this. Excluding them! But how? For every world ad a storage column "Version", and every time you make a major change new worlds will be with the new id. The id can be updated also via the world settings, you get one test week to see if the world is not brocken, if it is you can still move back to your previous world version. This will also split many EE' worlds into many different types, and players won't get bored and can play campaigns with a new physic.

Amount of times that has happened in 7 years: 1 (and most people were unaffected)

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

Wooted by: (3)
Koya1492259537654758

Board footer