Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-09 23:22:37

Raphe9000

Allow Blocks to be Morphed Before Placing

Morphable blocks can only be morphed after placed. This normally does not seem like a problem, but it is very annoying when you have to morph something with many morphs to its last morph tens or hundreds of times. I suggest that blocks can be morphed before they are placed. This basically would work by you clicking on it after you already selected it. This would allow you to place another morph of a block instantly and save a lot of time. I also propose that individual morphs can be dragged to the toolbar to allow them to be used separately. Blocks are only dragged to the toolbar to make selecting one convenient by letting you select it with a key, but this would allow you to select morphs of one block independently from another of its morphs. It would be completely independent from any other morphs, so selecting one would not automatically select the other one, and morphing it would not morph any others. Blocks can already be dragged to the toolbar multiple times, but it just results in the first one always being selected. On top of that, the morphs cannot be selected beforehand and only can be after the block is placed. At the end of the day, morphs are just different items compressed into one. This is fine, but it becomes annoying when you need to place one repeatedly and must scroll through its types. This would not only fix that problem, it would allow you to use independently via the toolbar.

#2 2017-04-10 00:02:08

Freckleface

Re: Allow Blocks to be Morphed Before Placing

Slabdrill noted a glitch where you can place coindoors with an ID of 2, 3, or 4 to quickly morph blocks. But I approve of this! (I also suggested it before)

F

Wooted by: (3)

#3 2017-04-10 17:37:56

Krosis
Formerly Arkonagames
Website

Krosis.gif

#4 2017-04-15 14:31:11

Raphe9000

Raphe9000 wrote:

I also propose that individual morphs can be dragged to the toolbar to allow them to be used separately. Blocks are only dragged to the toolbar to make selecting one convenient by letting you select it with a key, but this would allow you to select morphs of one block independently from another of its morphs. It would be completely independent from any other morphs, so selecting one would not automatically select the other one, and morphing it would not morph any others. Blocks can already be dragged to the toolbar multiple times, but it just results in the first one always being selected. On top of that, the morphs cannot be selected beforehand and only can be after the block is placed. At the end of the day, morphs are just different items compressed into one. This is fine, but it becomes annoying when you need to place one repeatedly and must scroll through its types. This would not only fix that problem, it would allow you to use independently via the toolbar.

That was the main idea in my post. Morphing blocks beforehand just makes that possible and should have been added already.

#5 2017-04-15 18:09:27

dcomet

gENpDZL.png

1xxoWGb.png
X6pVnTA.png
@MAMETCHl on twitter for the pfp artist, @snuffyowo on twitter for the character drawn in the pfp.

#6 2017-04-15 22:59:32

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

I think a pop up like the portals/coin doors would look better.

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by:

#7 2017-04-15 23:10:29

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

MrJaWapa wrote:

The collapsed mode box would look better.

#8 2017-04-15 23:34:00

Freckleface

HG wrote:
MrJaWapa wrote:

Just clicking it would look better.

F

Wooted by:

#9 2017-04-15 23:37:40

dcomet

Freckleface wrote:
HG wrote:
MrJaWapa wrote:

Just looking at it would look better

1xxoWGb.png
X6pVnTA.png
@MAMETCHl on twitter for the pfp artist, @snuffyowo on twitter for the character drawn in the pfp.

#10 2017-04-17 22:38:50

Freckleface

DarkComet wrote:
Freckleface wrote:
HG wrote:
MrJaWapa wrote:

Just having an AI automatically morph your blocks to the optimal direction/type would look better.

F

Wooted by:

#11 2017-04-17 23:16:12

Raphe9000

Freckleface wrote:
DarkComet wrote:
Freckleface wrote:
HG wrote:
MrJaWapa wrote:

Just having an AI automatically morph your blocks to the optimal direction/type would look better.

Just thinking it would be better.

Wooted by:

#12 2017-04-18 00:19:41

SirJosh3917
Formerly ninjasupeatsninja

Raphe9000 wrote:
Freckleface wrote:
DarkComet wrote:
Freckleface wrote:
HG wrote:

Just thinking it would be better.

Just understanding that an entire alternate universe was made and kept exactly the way like our world untill you selected that block untill all of reality fell apart and the AI selected the block for you based upon an interpetation of what you were going to do so the structure is already made before the block is placed.

Wooted by: (2)
SirJosh39171492471181655176

Board footer