Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-05 16:01:08, last edited by Anatoly (2017-04-05 16:03:12)

Anatoly

Game Suggestions: "would be abused"

Once there are new suggestions, the first phrase you often here is "It will be abused".  I'd like to here your mind to this. You can't always use this as an argument. Let's > suggest < how to fix this phrase. Firstly about the moderation. Of course it will be abused. But moderation is here to stop that with Bans/IP Bans. Different55 (Id: 2) found a nice way to stop Gamemonger (A. K. A. Trump's raid [Searched][My Topic]) like we can see here.

So while I was searching for those posts i lost what i really wanted to say/write...

Anyway, I would really like to hear your opinion to "would be abused". Like Diff' showed us it is possible to prevent the "will be abused". So I really like to stop people use this as the only argument in Anti-Game Suggestions.

Edit:

http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewto … 22#p644522 By Different55:

Added more stuff to block specifically gamemonger from ban evasion, [...] But my gamemonger-specific stuff appears to be working since he still hasn't made a new account. [...]

#2 2017-04-05 16:23:09, last edited by N1KF (2017-04-05 16:23:55)

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Re: Game Suggestions: "would be abused"

If you don't let people call out the suggestion for abuse without explaining how to fix it, that's an abuse of censorship! Toowed, unsubscribed, and sent sarcastic burns in a private message.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#3 2017-04-05 16:33:05

Anatoly

N1KF wrote:

If you don't let people call out the suggestion for abuse without explaining how to fix it, that's an abuse of censorship! Toowed, unsubscribed, and sent sarcastic burns in a private message.

Okay. Like your answer will be abused..

#4 2017-04-05 16:44:20, last edited by Koya (2017-04-05 16:47:31)

Koya
Fabulous Member

I had a look through the suggestions and the only ones I could see with people saying it can be abused are yours.

Abuse in EE can mean one of these things:
• Gives some players an unfair advantage (by chance, by money or other means) - "megaphon" for example means people who have gems to burn can advertise and there's no other point to it.
• There are only negatives and/or the purpose is not clear - see "megaphon" above.
• The feature could be annoying - sending invites to people would be spammy, if you want someone to come to your world then ask them.
• The feature may disrupt previously built worlds - potions the first time they were added is an example
• The feature may cause confusion - username colours similar to staff colours (Kirby's idea works imo)
• The feature may lead to people being banned - bans aren't a remedy for poorly made features.

AnatolyEE wrote:

Of course it will be abused. But moderation is here to stop that with Bans/IP Bans.

No, no, no! Not every feature people suggest can be abused, most of the time valid suggestions are posted.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

Wooted by: (4)

#5 2017-04-05 16:45:07, last edited by Raphe9000 (2017-04-05 16:48:16)

Raphe9000

AnatolyEE wrote:

Once there are new suggestions, the first phrase you often here is "It will be abused".

I personally love finding ways to abuse things, and I can do it within the rules.

Ruining worlds is a lot easier than you may think.

N1KF wrote:

No one needs to explain how to fix someone else's broken idea.

#6 2017-04-05 16:48:25

Anatoly

Raphe9000 wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

Once there are new suggestions, the first phrase you often here is "It will be abused".

I personally love finding ways to abuse things, and I can do it within the rules.

Ruining worlds is a lot easier than you may think.

Troller alarm!

#7 2017-04-05 16:53:48

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Raphe9000 wrote:

By that logic, we also don't need to have people call out an idea for being broken. Or we don't need people to suggest ideas in the first place, since the good ideas are the ones that the Staff will think of.

Game Suggestions is for building new ideas. If we just let early ideas die out because they can be "abused" we may miss out on some neat potential game features.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#8 2017-04-05 16:59:32

Raphe9000

N1KF wrote:
Raphe9000 wrote:

By that logic, we also don't need to have people call out an idea for being broken. Or we don't need people to suggest ideas in the first place, since the good ideas are the ones that the Staff will think of.

Game Suggestions is for building new ideas. If we just let early ideas die out because they can be "abused" we may miss out on some neat potential game features.

I italicized fixed for a reason. I'm saying that no one is obligated to provide a better alternative for a bad idea. They can just call it out for being able to be abused. If someone wishes to improve upon an idea, they can. The person who thought of it could also provide an alternative. No one has a responsibility to fix it because that is not as important as calling one out.

Wooted by: (2)

#9 2017-04-05 17:14:59

Anatoly

Okay. We'll then make those suggestions made payed with gems. Nobody wants to give out gems and being banned for it. For example that megafon suggestion I did, I mentioned that you'll pay gems for it. And new users can't abuse immediately //after creating a new alt.

Will be abused...

Looks like people don't read the OP before posting. They just want to answer and get stupid woots

#10 2017-04-05 17:42:01

Koya
Fabulous Member

AnatolyEE wrote:

Okay. We'll then make those suggestions made payed with gems. Nobody wants to give out gems and being banned for it. For example that megafon suggestion I did, I mentioned that you'll pay gems for it. And new users can't abuse immediately //after creating a new alt.

Will be abused...

Looks like people don't read the OP before posting. They just want to answer and get stupid woots

No, adding a feature just to get gems looks cheap and it not useful.

What would you use it for?

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#11 2017-04-05 17:54:12

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Koya wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

Will be abused...

For fun. What would you use aura colors for?

Everybody Edits is Fred

#12 2017-04-05 18:15:38, last edited by LukeM (2017-04-05 18:21:53)

LukeM
Website

Making something only buyable with gems is not a solution to an abusable idea because then it segregates people who can't afford / don't want to buy gems. The game needs to have gems to make money, but to make it fair, there should always be other ways to get everything (an exception being smallish numbers of cosmetic things e.g. gold membership and big spenders)

Edit: I also thought that suggestions being abusable is not a very bad thing unless it would be abused more than actually used, e.g. why would you spend 5 gems on sending a message to all worlds? You probably wouldn't unless you were getting something for it (e.g. trying to steal accounts)

#13 2017-04-05 19:15:31

Koya
Fabulous Member

N1KF wrote:
Koya wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

Will be abused...

Personally all aura colours look awful, the white aura in any shape but star are good.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#14 2017-04-05 19:22:28

LukeM
Website

Koya wrote:
N1KF wrote

Personally all aura colours look awful, the white aura in any shape but star are good.

I quite like most colors with the ring shape, it's not too bright and doesn't stand out, but still looks fairly good

#15 2017-04-05 19:49:12

Raphe9000

N1KF wrote:
Koya wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

Will be abused...

Personalization. Besides, they can't be abused.

AnatolyEE wrote:

Will be abused...

CONTENT WARNING

A pay wall won't stop something from being abused. It just makes it more annoying for those who want to use it legitimately and the feature even less needed. 50 gems to troll all of EE at once seems like a good deal to me. Besides, you can get gems for free. Also, what would be against the rules trolling the megafon? Nobody is gonna pay money to say, "Hi everyone, I'm <blank>." They are gonna use it to do things that barely don't break the rules. It also can't be regulated without tiring work from the moderation team along with a requirement for them to be focusing on chat without breaks.

#16 2017-04-05 23:25:50

hummerz5

this topic is sorta a mesh of a few different things, but i guess the OP brought up a forum feature so off we go

#17 2017-04-06 16:07:05, last edited by Anatoly (2017-04-06 16:07:39)

Anatoly

Koya wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

Will be abused...

Contact people from other worlds, to ask where they are. In this small game it will not hurt anyone (/ will not be abused)

Raphe9000 wrote:
N1KF wrote:
Koya wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

Will be abused...

Personalization. Besides, they can't be abused.

Oh, yes they can. The aura will get bigger and bigger. And then you can't see anything. And accidently troll... And get kicked. And get hated by friends...

Raphe9000 wrote:

[...]
A pay wall won't stop something from being abused. It just makes it more annoying for those who want to use it legitimately and the feature even less needed. 50 gems to troll all of EE at once seems like a good deal to me. Besides, you can get gems for free. Also, what would be against the rules trolling the megafon? Nobody is gonna pay money to say, "Hi everyone, I'm <blank>." They are gonna use it to do things that barely don't break the rules. It also can't be regulated without tiring work from the moderation team along with a requirement for them to be focusing on chat without breaks.

Then... there could be set a day's limit for the megafon of 5 time to use. Seriously... You can improve every idea. But instead of thinking how to improve, it's better to say lazy that it is a bad idea in your opinion, say that it will be abused and forget. Like this you can hurt all OP's. EXAMPLE: (Koya said: "Personally all aura colours look awful, the white aura in any shape but star are good.") Instead of giving imporvment suggestion as a staff member he just told "That sucks." Without any good argument. Only "That sucks".

@Koya: As a good developer how you stayed in my mind, this is your worsest post on the forum! Congratulations!

#18 2017-04-06 17:51:02

Koya
Fabulous Member

AnatolyEE wrote:

Then... there could be set a day's limit for the megafon of 5 time to use. Seriously... You can improve every idea. But instead of thinking how to improve, it's better to say lazy that it is a bad idea in your opinion, say that it will be abused and forget. Like this you can hurt all OP's. EXAMPLE: (Koya said: "Personally all aura colours look awful, the white aura in any shape but star are good.") Instead of giving imporvment suggestion as a staff member he just told "That sucks." Without any good argument. Only "That sucks".

There aren't any improvements which will make it useful (what else do you say other than advertise?) and not spammy.

AnatolyEE wrote:

@Koya: As a good developer moderator how you stayed in my mind, this is your worsest post on the forum! Congratulations!

I stand by what I said, white spiral forever.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#19 2017-04-06 19:56:20

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

So basically OP is salty about his suggestions being hated on, so wants to remove the entire concept of 'abuse' from the criteria used to judge a suggestion.

Megaphones are dumb. Before posting a suggestion, think it through.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#20 2017-04-06 21:25:32, last edited by LukeM (2017-04-06 21:26:15)

LukeM
Website

(Sorry not using quotes, I'm on holiday so using my phone, this is a reply to AnatolyEEs post)
Firstly, just because you say it won't be abused doesn't mean it won't, what normal, not spammy reason can you think of to use megaphons that would be worth spending gems on, if you want to find someone you would add them as a friend, and look in the friends list
Secondly you really can't abuse auras... The truth is that they don't get bigger, so can't be used to troll people
Lastly, generally if you need to set lots of limits on things, then it isn't a good idea in the first place, especially when there aren't any good uses anyway, we aren't just saying the ideas are bad to be lazy, it's because it's not useful enough to be worth somehow forcing it into the game

LukeM1491510332653461

Board footer