Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-01 20:53:12

Kirby

Ninja+Robber Visibility

I think those two smiles should be visible on the minimap for the person using them. I understand making them invisible for everyone else, but it's annoying to have it invis for the person using it too

#2 2017-04-01 21:02:44

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

Re: Ninja+Robber Visibility

Make it transparent, like it used to be.

#3 2017-04-01 22:14:30, last edited by MartenM (2017-04-01 22:15:01)

MartenM
Website

Kirby wrote:

I think those two smiles should be visible on the minimap for the person using them. I understand making them invisible for everyone else, but it's annoying to have it invis for the person using it too

New people would not know that their trail is invisible. You know it but they don't.

lm3hgg8.jpg

Ingame: marten22        My steam: MartenM

Wooted by:

#4 2017-04-01 22:30:49

hummerz5

MartenM wrote:
Kirby wrote:

New people would not know that their trail is invisible. You know it but they don't.

new people also wouldn't start out with ninja or robber. If we added some explanation to the purchase menu, perhaps... or just let them use their  powers of deduction.

HG wrote:

but it... also... wasn't transparent at times? Like, it would be transparent on the background, but it would cover up other users' trails. So it's more like... transparent on the minimap but opaque on other users' trails. I imagine that's because we overlaid some transparent "trail" graphic over the minimap, but transparency was handled only at that step, so we'd overwrite the one pixel value with a transparent one instead of simply not affecting it

#5 2017-04-01 23:00:44

Kirby

MartenM wrote:
Kirby wrote:

so it could specify invisibility in the shop? it's not like them not knowing that they are invisible would affect their experience

#6 2017-04-01 23:30:55

Latif

Kirby wrote:
MartenM wrote:
Kirby wrote:

so it could specify invisibility in the shop? it's not like them not knowing that they are invisible would affect their experience

The robber is free, so it's only possible for the ninja and spy.

#7 2017-04-02 00:28:11

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

hummerz5 wrote:
MartenM wrote:
Kirby wrote:

new people also wouldn't start out with ninja or robber. If we added some explanation to the purchase menu, perhaps... or just let them use their  powers of deduction.

HG wrote:

but it... also... wasn't transparent at times? Like, it would be transparent on the background, but it would cover up other users' trails. So it's more like... transparent on the minimap but opaque on other users' trails. I imagine that's because we overlaid some transparent "trail" graphic over the minimap, but transparency was handled only at that step, so we'd overwrite the one pixel value with a transparent one instead of simply not affecting it

I meant that it would have a reduced visibility, like players on an empty world are white, you are dark gray.

drunkbnu1491089291652924

Board footer