Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2017-03-24 00:58:13

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Re: is this bot allowed?

HG wrote:
N1KF wrote:

That's a lot of work. In my opinion, it would be better just to ban malicious bots in the first place. Bots aren't a functionality of the game, so having to download or program bots to stop your open worlds from being destroyed by other bots seems like a large hassle.

No. Bots are a game functionality. You can't ban bots. As of today, you can create an download bots on your computer, no matter your operative system or restrictions. If you say you can't, it's because you simply don't want to.

What I meant is that since bots are external programs, we shouldn't have in-game features be limited just because people can use bots. New users will come here expecting a fully working game, with no need to download user-made programs.

I'm fine with bots when they're used to make the game funner or more convenient to play.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#27 2017-03-24 02:18:06, last edited by mrjawapa (2017-03-24 02:20:37)

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Everybody Edits Rules wrote:

And also do not:
attempt to hack or interfere with the normal use of EE using external software ("bots").

This bot is interfering with the normal use of open worlds.

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by: (3)

#28 2017-03-24 04:09:03

hummerz5

N1KF wrote:
HG wrote:
N1KF wrote:

That's a lot of work. In my opinion, it would be better just to ban malicious bots in the first place. Bots aren't a functionality of the game, so having to download or program bots to stop your open worlds from being destroyed by other bots seems like a large hassle.

No. Bots are a game functionality. You can't ban bots. As of today, you can create an download bots on your computer, no matter your operative system or restrictions. If you say you can't, it's because you simply don't want to.

What I meant is that since bots are external programs, we shouldn't have in-game features be limited just because people can use bots. New users will come here expecting a fully working game, with no need to download user-made programs.

I'm fine with bots when they're used to make the game funner or more convenient to play.

You guys traversed many issues. The bot should not be allowed. I think it would be good to have open worlds that have ownership so an 'admin' could watch over conduct in the world and oust the negative bots.

Also, someone said "why not just move to another world?" -- the bot follows you. Or, you don't get to follow the people you were with. open worlds have a degree of association that you'd obviously lose if you wanted to re-create it without the bot.

Wooted by:

#29 2017-03-24 13:30:16

Myst

skullz17 wrote:

But you can just go to another open world if this bothers you. They're all basically the same, aren't they?

hummerz5 wrote:
N1KF wrote:
HG wrote:
N1KF wrote:

You guys traversed many issues. The bot should not be allowed. I think it would be good to have open worlds that have ownership so an 'admin' could watch over conduct in the world and oust the negative bots.

Also, someone said "why not just move to another world?" -- the bot follows you. Or, you don't get to follow the people you were with. open worlds have a degree of association that you'd obviously lose if you wanted to re-create it without the bot.

if i go to another world or If i create my own open world then can kuba or an other coder still trap me or other users

just add an autokick for bots

#30 2017-03-24 14:24:18

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

Mysterion wrote:
skullz17 wrote:

But you can just go to another open world if this bothers you. They're all basically the same, aren't they?

hummerz5 wrote:
N1KF wrote:
HG wrote:
N1KF wrote:

if i go to another world or If i create my own open world then can kuba or an other coder still trap me or other users

just add an autokick for bots

And how do you detect a bot?

#31 2017-03-24 18:13:26, last edited by skullz17 (2017-03-24 18:14:30)

skullz17

I think it's definitely a problem when the bot follows you, but less so when it's only in one world. I was thinking that a player can abuse you and ruin your creations just like a bot can (although it's less effective), so I didn't see the big deal. But I suppose if people are into the whole click wars game, then your "unfair advantage" argument is valid. I'm just not sure if mods are willing to look at IPs to find the culprit and issue bans just to preserve this game that not many people play.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by: (2)

#32 2017-04-04 17:33:03, last edited by Koya (2017-04-04 22:45:54)

Koya
Fabulous Member

This thread looks dead but I don't see any purple names.

If it's a public world (AKA no owner, everyone gets edit) I might ban the bot for a day (I wouldn't ban the person running the bot - unless they are persistant) - everyone is meant to edit in an open world and if you are stopping people then it is unfair, feel free to use that bot in an open edit world that you own.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

Wooted by: (4)

#33 2017-04-04 22:22:35

dcomet

Koya wrote:

This thread looks dead but I don't see any purple names.

If it's a public world (AKA no owner, everyone gets edit) I will ban the bot for a day (I wouldn't ban the person running the bot - unless they are persistant) - everyone is meant to edit in an open world and if you are stopping people then it is unfair, feel free to use that bot in an open edit world that you own.

You're back! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

1xxoWGb.png
X6pVnTA.png
@MAMETCHl on twitter for the pfp artist, @snuffyowo on twitter for the character drawn in the pfp.

dcomet1491340955653201

Board footer