Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Advertisement

Hello, visitor! These forums are run off of the revenue generated from these ads. If you'd like to support us, please whitelist us or consider donating:

#1 2017-03-15 03:31:37

Freckleface
Member
Registered: 2015-04-02
Posts: 958

In-Game Review System and Overall Better Level Preview Design

Lets face it, the level description thing we have now sucks. I took my precious time to design a new one with more features! Here it is:

So first off, we get rid of the description button. (that little star) Then we make the title able to be clicked on. (it would work like a link, you mouse over and an underline appears) Then this big menu appears:
xi3FoBA.png
The first thing you probably notice is the reviews on the bottom. Sorry for using your names Unau and Kaleb, you were first on my friends list. There could be a button on the in-game GUI for writing one; you have a max character limit of around 500 and you can rate it between 1 star and 5 stars.

You may have also noticed that I changed "Favorites" to "Saved." This is so we could have stars icons for ratings, and another icon for saved worlds. (It also makes a lot more sense)

I know that CAMPAIGN logo is pretty ugly but it looked odd to have an empty space and frankly, I didn't know what else could fit there.

Oh, about worlds with no minimap, it would just show an empty massive world with a big question mark in the middle. Clicking it would play the level.

Last edited by Freckleface (2017-03-16 03:26:17)


ZTasSRc.png

Offline

#2 2017-03-15 03:42:40

DarkComet
Member
From: Dipstick Kingdom
Registered: 2016-11-20
Posts: 382

Re: In-Game Review System and Overall Better Level Preview Design

I like it.
Maybe instead of the "Campaign" Tag there, it would be a "play!" button?


Smiley Collection
Season 1
Season 2

Block Collection

Which smiley is the best in Everybody Edits? Vote Here!

Staff reputation-
NVD- +0, not seen in a while
TOOP- +0, not seen in a while
Benje00- +2, very friendly, said hi to me
Koya- +0, seemingly inactive, where are you
Megalamb- +0, never seen
Dream- +1, seems ok, just making rookie mistakes
lrussel- +1, purple is a good color on you

?type=online&name=darkcomet

eI0BEvF.png kpaMcAK.png ZBTMC63.png SFBlBVz.png Tvxgfir.png JHl7xYa.png KnPoT9J.png 0ptgGYQ.png BHOadeo.png VufVa9t.png

Offline

Wooted by:

#3 2017-03-15 06:00:17

N1KF
Member
From: Happiness Hall
Registered: 2015-02-15
Posts: 8,080
Website

Re: In-Game Review System and Overall Better Level Preview Design

If we add even more social features in-game, it will create a further split between the game and forum communities. Aside from ratings, the Turbofusion Megasuggestion already has some of the functionality of this suggestion. Ratings could be combined into forum posts, and it could be possible to have a "review only" view. Since the game and forum accounts are combined, it could even be possible to make a forum post for a world in just half a minute with the in-game GUI!

Offline

#4 2017-03-15 06:04:06

WMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWM
Member
From: ͂́͐̆̍̿̌̄̀̇͛̀̈́͋̈́̌͑͌́̍̽̂͊̅͋̕͘
Registered: 2015-02-18
Posts: 345

Re: In-Game Review System and Overall Better Level Preview Design

what about the problem of spamming and censor evading?


WM malfuntion VgPb7gb.png

Offline

#5 2017-03-15 06:07:26

N1KF
Member
From: Happiness Hall
Registered: 2015-02-15
Posts: 8,080
Website

Re: In-Game Review System and Overall Better Level Preview Design

WMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWM wrote:

what about the problem of spamming and censor evading?

The Turbofusion Megasuggestion would make moderation easier, as the forum is pretty active and its moderators would probably come across it quickly. Not only that, but perhaps the Staff of the two websites could be combined for double the review moderation!

Yes, I'm still mildly annoyed that my topic got so little attention.

Offline

#6 2017-03-15 12:38:02

minimania
Member
Registered: 2015-02-22
Posts: 2,169

Re: In-Game Review System and Overall Better Level Preview Design

Eh, I like it. I like it not.

It ok.


It's a really cool system and I'd like to see it implemented.


bhkrv7.jpg

Offline

Wooted by:

#7 2017-03-15 14:35:04

maxi123
Member
From: code 1234 plz no troll
Registered: 2015-03-01
Posts: 3,787

Re: In-Game Review System and Overall Better Level Preview Design

in general, the idea looks really cool
but think of all the hate clubs and factions in ee community, quite a lot of worlds will be spammed with 1-star reviews fueled by simple hate
and the smaller community is, the higher are chances for this to happen
it's probably the reason we have woots/likes but not toows/dislikes


uNct3sf.png
#FreeSeizures2015 | 10K PEOPLE DIED EVERYDAY BY HACKERS, ITS FBI OFC. | <3 this guy
ayy lmao

Offline

Wooted by:

#8 2017-03-15 20:17:33

Raphe9000
Member
From: DramaAlert Nation
Registered: 2015-03-16
Posts: 253
Website

Re: In-Game Review System and Overall Better Level Preview Design

This would be so easy to troll.


"A hundred thousand days
Of front-page paper events,
A half dozen major wars,
And forty-five presidents.
"
-Robert Frost (1942)
?type=loginstreak&name=Raphe

Offline

#9 2017-03-15 22:42:09

Freckleface
Member
Registered: 2015-04-02
Posts: 958

Re: In-Game Review System and Overall Better Level Preview Design

WMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWM wrote:

what about the problem of spamming and censor evading?

maxi123 wrote:

in general, the idea looks really cool
but think of all the hate clubs and factions in ee community, quite a lot of worlds will be spammed with 1-star reviews fueled by simple hate
and the smaller community is, the higher are chances for this to happen
it's probably the reason we have woots/likes but not toows/dislikes

Raphe9000 wrote:

This would be so easy to troll.

We could always just have a report button for spam/hate/troll reviews. Getting your review deleted would mean that you are unable to post another on the same world. I suppose another option could be making blocked users not be able to post a review or just being able to disable reviews on your world altogether.

N1KF wrote:

If we add even more social features in-game, it will create a further split between the game and forum communities. Aside from ratings, the Turbofusion Megasuggestion already has some of the functionality of this suggestion. Ratings could be combined into forum posts, and it could be possible to have a "review only" view. Since the game and forum accounts are combined, it could even be possible to make a forum post for a world in just half a minute with the in-game GUI!

Never noticed your topic before and it has some great features! But I feel that the game shouldn't heavily rely on using external websites and should have those features in-game. (Forums are an exception) Take the news system for example, it's way easier and more noticable to just get a notification with the a brief description of whats new rather than checking over on the blog/forum for update topics. Having an in-game review system saves people a lot more time and makes things less complicated.


ZTasSRc.png

Offline

Wooted by:

#10 2017-03-15 22:57:05

skullz17
Member
Registered: 2015-02-15
Posts: 6,267

Re: In-Game Review System and Overall Better Level Preview Design

N1KF wrote:

If we add even more social features in-game, it will create a further split between the game and forum communities. Aside from ratings, the Turbofusion Megasuggestion already has some of the functionality of this suggestion. Ratings could be combined into forum posts, and it could be possible to have a "review only" view. Since the game and forum accounts are combined, it could even be possible to make a forum post for a world in just half a minute with the in-game GUI!

The problem is, there is already a split. Many people don't really use the forum. I would rather have essential features in-game, than have the forum hold these things hostage.


m3gPDRb.png
My soundcloud, My youtube

thx for sig bobithan

Offline

Wooted by:

#11 2017-03-16 00:14:57

N1KF
Member
From: Happiness Hall
Registered: 2015-02-15
Posts: 8,080
Website

Re: In-Game Review System and Overall Better Level Preview Design

Freckleface wrote:
N1KF wrote:

If we add even more social features in-game, it will create a further split between the game and forum communities. Aside from ratings, the Turbofusion Megasuggestion already has some of the functionality of this suggestion. Ratings could be combined into forum posts, and it could be possible to have a "review only" view. Since the game and forum accounts are combined, it could even be possible to make a forum post for a world in just half a minute with the in-game GUI!

Never noticed your topic before and it has some great features! But I feel that the game shouldn't heavily rely on using external websites and should have those features in-game. (Forums are an exception)

Having reviews on the forum makes the forum more active. If your suggestion got added, I imagine lots of worlds would get reviews. Now, imagine if they all had forum topics! For this community to thrive, we need to make access between the game and forum even easier.

Having an in-game review system saves people a lot more time and makes things less complicated.

I addressed that in my post.

N1KF wrote:

Since the game and forum accounts are combined, it could even be possible to make a forum post for a world in just half a minute with the in-game GUI!

There could be an in-game GUI for reviews. You could see these reviews on the forum. It would be just as quick and easy as your original suggestion.

Freckleface wrote:

Take the news system for example, it's way easier and more noticable to just get a notification with the a brief description of whats new rather than checking over on the blog/forum for update topics.

We already have an in-game news popup. That, combined with the 'news' tab means there are two separate areas for checking out new update stuff. We can keep the update popup, but the 'news' tab is redundant and can be removed.

Offline

#12 2017-03-16 01:29:12

Raphe9000
Member
From: DramaAlert Nation
Registered: 2015-03-16
Posts: 253
Website

Re: In-Game Review System and Overall Better Level Preview Design

Freckleface wrote:
Raphe9000 wrote:

This would be so easy to troll.

We could always just have a report button for spam/hate/troll reviews. Getting your review deleted would mean that you are unable to post another on the same world. I suppose another option could be making blocked users not be able to post a review or just being able to disable reviews on your world altogether

I could make up reasons to make a bad review. it is honestly too easy. Also, it would spark beef between the owner and player.


"A hundred thousand days
Of front-page paper events,
A half dozen major wars,
And forty-five presidents.
"
-Robert Frost (1942)
?type=loginstreak&name=Raphe

Offline

#13 2017-03-16 01:51:54

Freckleface
Member
Registered: 2015-04-02
Posts: 958

Re: In-Game Review System and Overall Better Level Preview Design

N1KF wrote:
Freckleface wrote:
N1KF wrote:

If we add even more social features in-game, it will create a further split between the game and forum communities. Aside from ratings, the Turbofusion Megasuggestion already has some of the functionality of this suggestion. Ratings could be combined into forum posts, and it could be possible to have a "review only" view. Since the game and forum accounts are combined, it could even be possible to make a forum post for a world in just half a minute with the in-game GUI!

Never noticed your topic before and it has some great features! But I feel that the game shouldn't heavily rely on using external websites and should have those features in-game. (Forums are an exception)

Having reviews on the forum makes the forum more active. If your suggestion got added, I imagine lots of worlds would get reviews. Now, imagine if they all had forum topics! For this community to thrive, we need to make access between the game and forum even easier.

Having an in-game review system saves people a lot more time and makes things less complicated.

I addressed that in my post.

N1KF wrote:

Since the game and forum accounts are combined, it could even be possible to make a forum post for a world in just half a minute with the in-game GUI!

There could be an in-game GUI for reviews. You could see these reviews on the forum. It would be just as quick and easy as your original suggestion.

Ah, I suppose I should've read your post better. I never realized what you actually suggested. I still think that this would cause problems, such as when releasing a world, how would you link the forum page to the world ID? Would it automatically create a forum topic? How would the layout be? I'm sure forums are not necessary when releasing worlds, this review system with whoever's idea for a way to search for worlds with no online players on at the moment, and the rooms section on the forum would become useless.

Freckleface wrote:

Take the news system for example, it's way easier and more noticable to just get a notification with the a brief description of whats new rather than checking over on the blog/forum for update topics.

N1KF wrote:

We already have an in-game news popup. That, combined with the 'news' tab means there are two separate areas for checking out new update stuff. We can keep the update popup, but the 'news' tab is redundant and can be removed.

Uh, I wasn't suggesting we add one, I was using it as an example for features being implemented in-game being better than external sites.

Raphe9000 wrote:
Freckleface wrote:
Raphe9000 wrote:

This would be so easy to troll.

We could always just have a report button for spam/hate/troll reviews. Getting your review deleted would mean that you are unable to post another on the same world. I suppose another option could be making blocked users not be able to post a review or just being able to disable reviews on your world altogether

I could make up reasons to make a bad review. it is honestly too easy. Also, it would spark beef between the owner and player.

With other software which has reviewing systems, they have the same problem of false reviews, but eventually, all of the actual reviews drown them out and it sorts itself all out. I don't think it can be too disastrous if there's a group of 5 players giving one star hate ratings while a hundred other players give actual ratings.

Last edited by Freckleface (2017-03-16 01:55:50)


ZTasSRc.png

Offline

#14 2017-03-16 02:11:08

Kefka
Formerly Itsmeandersonlol
From: ̿̿̿̿̿̿ ̿̿̿̿̿̿̿̿̿̿
Registered: 2015-02-16
Posts: 2,212
Website

Re: In-Game Review System and Overall Better Level Preview Design

why Haven't I Wooted This yeT?

Offline

#15 2017-03-16 03:13:49

N1KF
Member
From: Happiness Hall
Registered: 2015-02-15
Posts: 8,080
Website

Re: In-Game Review System and Overall Better Level Preview Design

Freckleface wrote:

I still think that this would cause problems, such as when releasing a world, how would you link the forum page to the world ID? Would it automatically create a forum topic?

I suppose there could be two ways of dealing with this:

  1. Topics must be created manually, and reviews can only be done if you have one for your world. When writing a description in-game, there could be an option to post a forum topic for your world. To prevent spam, there may have to be a limit for world topic creation (up to three per week, for example).

  2. Topics don't have to be created manually, and will automatically generate if your world gets a review. This a lot easier to abuse. This may cause lots of lower quality worlds to pop up on the forum, but I guess bad reviews would flood them out. One benefit would be that old worlds may become popular again if somebody gives good reviews to it. There would have to be some limit to prevent a user from reviewing dozens of different worlds just to flood the forum.

Neither of these solutions are completely satisfying, but I think the benefits from a game/forum fusion would outweigh the costs (perhaps besides the sheer amount of time it would take).

I'm sure forums are not necessary when releasing worlds, this review system with whoever's idea for a way to search for worlds with no online players on at the moment, and the rooms section on the forum would become useless.

I'm not sure I get what you're saying. With my suggestion, the Rooms forum would be even more useful, as there would be more topics posted and the addition of reviews.

Offline

#16 2017-03-16 03:38:27

Freckleface
Member
Registered: 2015-04-02
Posts: 958

Re: In-Game Review System and Overall Better Level Preview Design

Updated the image to look less ugly and have a "read more" button and a report button. Also changed the "saved" icon to hologram and the "plays" icon to spawn block. (red exclamation mark)

N1KF wrote:

I'm sure forums are not necessary when releasing worlds, this review system with whoever's idea for a way to search for worlds with no online players on at the moment, and the rooms section on the forum would become useless.

I'm not sure I get what you're saying. With my suggestion, the Rooms forum would be even more useful, as there would be more topics posted and the addition of reviews.

I meant that the forums should not be needed to look for worlds, an in-game search engine would be much more efficient and simpler to implement. (Opposed to your Turbofusion Megasuggestion) It would also be more appealing towards newer players. Rather than going to the forum, looking through the thousands of topics for a level to try out they could just go on the built in search bar and type in a keyword (or tag) to find just the level they are desiring.

This thread is kinda derailing, so if we could wrap up this discussion in the next few posts that'd be great. Thanks.

Last edited by Freckleface (2017-03-16 03:39:15)


ZTasSRc.png

Offline

#17 2017-03-17 01:36:07

Unau
Member
From: over there
Registered: 2015-08-10
Posts: 489

Re: In-Game Review System and Overall Better Level Preview Design

oh look its me! also good job


unau_sig

thanks koya

Offline

#18 2017-03-17 18:14:42

maxi123
Member
From: code 1234 plz no troll
Registered: 2015-03-01
Posts: 3,787

Re: In-Game Review System and Overall Better Level Preview Design

Freckleface wrote:

With other software which has reviewing systems, they have the same problem of false reviews, but eventually, all of the actual reviews drown them out and it sorts itself all out. I don't think it can be too disastrous if there's a group of 5 players giving one star hate ratings while a hundred other players give actual ratings.

yeah but there won't be a hundred of players that give actual ratings
up to 20 at max for an average world, maybe less, maybe more
thus the 5 haters play quite of a role in the total rating


uNct3sf.png
#FreeSeizures2015 | 10K PEOPLE DIED EVERYDAY BY HACKERS, ITS FBI OFC. | <3 this guy
ayy lmao

Offline

#19 2017-03-17 18:43:33

Gosha
Formerly Gosha
From: GLORY TO ARSTOTZKA
Registered: 2015-03-15
Posts: 3,731

Re: In-Game Review System and Overall Better Level Preview Design

I don't think this is a good UI for worlds. i would say it is good for crews


100--500--1000--1500--2000--2500--3000--3500--4000--4500--5000--9000--9001-10000
KnbqMw5.png
?type=registered&name=Gosha

Offline

#20 2017-03-17 18:54:27

Minisaurus
Member
From: Under your bed
Registered: 2015-02-26
Posts: 441

Re: In-Game Review System and Overall Better Level Preview Design

Only one comment per player per campaign, players to comment must won the campaign, hackers and bots will spam in a very smart way the campaigns reviews, that mean the campaigns will have very low quality reviews, but still not spam, and only one star because all the bots.


3hEn3Lh.png

Offline

Minisaurus1489773267651188

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1490371159.1336 - Generated in 0.094 seconds, 10 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.4 MiB (Peak: 1.65 MiB) ]