Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-18 17:08:09

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

World saver?

Hello there. I remember ages ago, probably somewhen in either 2014 or 2015?, I accidently built one of my worlds in a Beta only world and wanted to move the entire of the contents of the world to another world. After asking around on the forums I was presented with a bot that allowed me to scan the whole world, save it as a file and then load it into a different world. I also found it useful as it could copy a specific part of the world and save that as a seperate file allowing you to load it in.

Unfortunately I no longer have that bot on my PC as it was quite some while ago and I have been unsuccessful in locating it on the forums. There are probably loads of bots out there now that do the same thing and likely better things however my search for one just made me really confused as all the bots that seemed similar to it that I found just confused me as they seemed overcomplicated.

If anyone knows of and could link me to a simple bot that I can easily use to scan certain part of a world with and save them as a file that I can then load into the same world or another world I would greatly appreciate it.

(Please keep in mind I can get confused quite easily so the more simple the bot the better)

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#2 2017-02-18 17:10:07

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

Re: World saver?

EEditor is the bot for you.

Wooted by:

#3 2017-02-18 17:10:18

XxAtillaxX

There are plenty of bots that can do this, however the simplest would have to be EEditor.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by:

#4 2017-02-18 17:15:58

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

HG wrote:

EEditor is the bot for you.

XxAtillaxX wrote:

There are plenty of bots that can do this, however the simplest would have to be EEditor.

Thank you! I'm not too sure how to use this so I'm going to read through the wiki and play around with the bot in a seperate world.

Thank you so much for the help! <3

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#5 2017-02-19 11:10:28

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Hey. After using EEditor I am quite happy with it and so far it has been amazing but I have encountered a problem with it.

First of all, I am unable to slect anything bigger other than what is directly on the screen (aside from slecting the whole world which I do not want). This is proventing me from copying the 344x18 area that I would like to.
Secondly, I have been unsuccessful in kind of 'merging' 2 world. Basically I have 2 worlds, 1 has the base game and all the mechanics in it and the other I am using to store the maps. Currently I cannot use the bot to change the map without completly destroying the rest of the world.

A simple soloution to my problem would be if you could save only a specific part of the world as a file instead of the whole world as well as being able to load this file onto another world.

If further explanation is needed then I would be happy to elaborate and again, all help is appreciated <3

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#6 2017-02-19 11:50:28

kubapolish
Banned
Website

Devlin wrote:

First of all, I am unable to slect anything bigger other than what is directly on the screen (aside from slecting the whole world which I do not want). This is proventing me from copying the 344x18 area that I would like to.

you can move camera with WASD so drag mouse cursor while pressing WASD keys to select & move camera

Devlin wrote:

Secondly, I have been unsuccessful in kind of 'merging' 2 world. Basically I have 2 worlds, 1 has the base game and all the mechanics in it and the other I am using to store the maps. Currently I cannot use the bot to change the map without completly destroying the rest of the world.

load first world, enter second world id into textbox where you load world but don't click that button for now, then select area that you would like to copy, press ctrl+c, click load world button to load second world, press ctrl+v

Wooted by:

#7 2017-02-19 11:56:33

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

kubapolish wrote:
Devlin wrote:

you can move camera with WASD so drag mouse cursor while pressing WASD keys to select & move camera

Devlin wrote:

load first world, enter second world id into textbox where you load world but don't click that button for now, then select area that you would like to copy, press ctrl+c, click load world button to load second world, press ctrl+v

Thank you so much! It worked perfectly <3

Though I feel kinda stupid becuase it now just seems so obvious lol :3

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#8 2017-02-19 12:59:42, last edited by LukeM (2017-02-19 13:00:29)

LukeM
Website

Im not sure how well eeditor does this (im guessing better) but another option is FastBuilder (just giving another option for if you dont like eeditor for any reason)

LukeM1487505582648202

Board footer