Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-09 18:26:46

Gosha

Ban Whirl from forum games or change the policy of forum games.

I know everybody should be equal on forums and stuff like that but come on. Whirl is making at entire subform unusable!

Do you really want to see this all the time?
xV9c2pd.png

Soulution#1
Ban Whirl from forum games. I don't really think his is the right solution, but i tried to talk with Rudik on this theme for a long time and he won't change.

Soulution#2
Change the policy of forum games. I don't know what to count as spam, but this (picture above) should be considered as spam 100%

#2 2017-02-09 18:39:52

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Re: Ban Whirl from forum games or change the policy of forum games.

This conundrum seems familiar. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

Wooted by:

#3 2017-02-09 19:25:21, last edited by Nebula (2018-01-02 17:11:27)

Nebula

No, that's not- right.

#4 2017-02-09 19:30:46

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Whirl wrote:

please, can you stop creating the topics like this... they are too hard to understand them.

The idea is that Gosha thinks you're posting too much in forum games. I don't think that's too hard to understand.

Wooted by: (3)

#5 2017-02-09 19:39:47

Master1

Okay so you want him banned from forum games because he actually plays all the games?

Sure bro, and at the same time let's ban kirby from campaign suggestions because he actually suggests campaigns.

Your argument makes no sense. He clearly hasn't done anything wrong.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

Wooted by: (4)

#6 2017-02-09 19:44:20, last edited by Luka504 (2017-02-09 19:46:00)

Luka504

Master1 wrote:

Okay so you want him banned from forum games because he actually plays all the games?

Sure bro, and at the same time let's ban kirby from campaign suggestions because he actually suggests campaigns.

It wouldnt have been an issue that he revives like idk 2-3 dead forum games.
He revived 20! And he keeps going!
This would be the same as if i made 50 new topics about the same thing, lets say ,,add guns to EE,, but every time i make a new topic i tell about a new gun. It's not the same, but im sure any normal forumer wouldnt want to wake up, check the forums to see 50 topics like: ,,Add Ak47s,, or ,,Add Bazookas,, or ,,Add Revolvers,, etc.
I think whirl reviving 20 forum games should be considered spamming.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#7 2017-02-09 19:46:05

Nebula

Luka504 wrote:
Master1 wrote:

This would be the same as if i made 50 new topics about the same thing, lets say ,,add guns to EE,, but every time i make a new topic i tell about a new gun. It's not the same, but im sure any normal forumer wouldnt want to wake up, check the forums to see 50 topics like: ,,Add Ak47s,, or ,,Add Bazookas,,

clearly said, spamming forum games more like spam the Active/New section.

#8 2017-02-09 19:48:50

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Luka504 wrote:
Master1 wrote:

This would be the same as if i made 50 new topics about the same thing, lets say ,,add guns to EE,, but every time i make a new topic i tell about a new gun. It's not the same, but im sure any normal forumer wouldnt want to wake up, check the forums to see 50 topics like: ,,Add Ak47s,, or ,,Add Bazookas,, or ,,Add Revolvers,, etc.

If you knew how the forum games section worked several years ago this would be no surprise to you. Back in my day this was common and people just had to deal with it!

#9 2017-02-09 19:49:12

Gosha

Master1 wrote:

Just like i said i don't like to ban Whirl for this because he is a kid and , i think, don't even understand wtf is going on

that's why i suggested to change the policy of forum games

#10 2017-02-09 19:55:06

Luka504

Whirl wrote:
Luka504 wrote:
Master1 wrote:

This would be the same as if i made 50 new topics about the same thing, lets say ,,add guns to EE,, but every time i make a new topic i tell about a new gun. It's not the same, but im sure any normal forumer wouldnt want to wake up, check the forums to see 50 topics like: ,,Add Ak47s,, or ,,Add Bazookas,,

clearly said, spamming forum games more like spam the Active/New section.

Dont forget posted section!
2681ca6ae6c9490fabdbe98c28f28a47.png
That only leaves subscriptions and unanswered. Since i have like, 3 subscriptions, this tab is worthless to me and most forumers.
And unanswered? Who uses unanswered nowadays? Even for those who do use it, they miss out on those non-game topics that people still post in. And once someone answers in the unanswered topics, the topic transfers to Active!
So essentially, we cant avoid your spamming. At all.

#11 2017-02-09 19:57:48

Myst

Master1 wrote:

i don't agree this, master1, there are an other rule called Gravedigging and whirl just Gravedigging the most of the forum games, just mute him a few days from the forum games

and about Kirby..., 16 posts are not spam and i like his suggestions

Wooted by:

#12 2017-02-09 19:58:08

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Luka504 wrote:

Well, you can always use the index page and open up each of the sections with new posts besides Forum Games.

If the New page is filled with forum games, that's a problem with the New page then. There should be an option under profile settings whether or not to see forum games there.

Wooted by:

#13 2017-02-09 20:02:37, last edited by Luka504 (2017-02-09 20:03:11)

Luka504

N1KF wrote:
Luka504 wrote:

Well, you can always use the index page and open up each of the sections with new posts besides Forum Games.

If the New page is filled with forum games, that's a problem with the New page then. There should be an option under profile settings whether or not to see forum games there.

Oh i forgot about this....
Well rip my argument.
But we still need to do something, whirl reviving so many forum games is still really close to spamming and really frustrates me and a bunch of other forumers.

#14 2017-02-09 20:05:19

Different55
Forum Admin

Luka504 wrote:

Dont forget posted section!

Posted only lists topics you've posted in. If you don't play forum games then you won't see Whirl in there.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#15 2017-02-09 20:06:53

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Luka504 wrote:

But we still need to do something, whirl reviving so many forum games is still really close to spamming and really frustrates me and a bunch of other forumers.

What separates posting in a single forum game from posting in multiple?

#16 2017-02-09 21:31:31

Ratburntro44
Website

forum games is more lax but that doesn't mean such a thing as spam doesn't exist there

if there's sufficient posting there to count as spam then treat it as spam and act accordingly, no real need for a special dispensation here

Wooted by:

#17 2017-02-09 21:32:30

kubapolish
Banned
Website

no

we should ban whirl from every subforum

Wooted by: (2)

#18 2017-02-09 21:44:49

Nebula

kubapolish wrote:

no

we should ban whirl from every subforum

no

Change the policy

#19 2017-02-09 21:45:58

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Ratburntro44 wrote:

forum games is more lax but that doesn't mean such a thing as spam doesn't exist there

if there's sufficient posting there to count as spam then treat it as spam and act accordingly, no real need for a special dispensation here

Is such "spam" a detriment to the forum? If it is, it should be banned. However, I haven't gotten any reasoning as to why it's bad for the forum other than being "spam" and the clogged up New list (which can be fixed by my suggestion).

#20 2017-02-09 22:04:50

skullz17

N1KF wrote:
Ratburntro44 wrote:

Is such "spam" a detriment to the forum? If it is, it should be banned. However, I haven't gotten any reasoning as to why it's bad for the forum other than being "spam" and the clogged up New list (which can be fixed by my suggestion).

Well it clogs up the forum games section for those that use it. What if you wanted to play a particular forum game, but whirl pushed it to page 2? That's a bit of an inconvenience.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#21 2017-02-09 22:05:44

Nebula

skullz17 wrote:
N1KF wrote:
Ratburntro44 wrote:

Well it clogs up the forum games section for those that use it. What if you wanted to play a particular forum game, but whirl pushed it to page 2? That's a bit of an inconvenience.

You can expand the view of pages in display section on profile page.

#22 2017-02-09 22:08:17

skullz17

Whirl wrote:
skullz17 wrote:
N1KF wrote:
Ratburntro44 wrote:

You can expand the view of pages in display section on profile page.

And what if I don't want to? What if I don't like my page being that long? That's not an excuse whirl.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by:

#23 2017-02-10 02:45:52

Freckleface

Tbh we should just take forum games out of the "new" section.

Also, whirl doesnt understand half of the forum games he is gravedigging. Why is he doing it?

F

#24 2017-02-10 03:26:44

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Freckleface wrote:

Tbh we should just take forum games out of the "new" section.

That would make it inconvenient for people like me who actually play forum games. GergBot in the IRC completely ignores forum games, so the only way I have to check new forum games is to scroll down the index manually. What a pain!

#25 2017-02-10 04:09:54

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Luka504 wrote:

,,apples,, to ,,oranges,,

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by:
Nebula1498219113665157

Board footer