Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-23 06:11:53

Kaleb
Formerly Kaleb123

Discussion About the Old Ranking System!

So I was thinking to myself about how much everybody DIDN'T like the ranking/level up system that was implemented a few years back and how much of an impact it made to the game. I also realized that I had joined the negative bandwagon on our this, until recently I have been thinking slot about it and ways to potentially bring it back or even forget about it forever. And guys this is a serious discussion thread.
        Looking at the pros and cons of this feature I took into consideration that most of the negative feedback towards this was bandwagon. So some things I came up with to make this readable are;

-instead of having an animation per rank just have a simple number or rank name.
-make it so this does not interfere with original magic system(idek how yet imo).
-make it go up exponential per rank so numbers like 100 won't pop up in the ranks.
-change the percentage of getting a Magic/coin/whatever lower.
-Also make it so when you level up you only get a +10max energy per every 10 ranks/levels.
-the number representing your rank/level should appear next to the gold membership "g" for all users.

These are just the things that I would have liked to see in this rank feature that was introduced then removed. I would love to see a revamped version of the ranking system reintroduced some time in the future because I defiantly see potential.

#2 2017-01-23 06:50:13

Anatoly

Re: Discussion About the Old Ranking System!

Why did you use the <color> tag?

#3 2017-01-23 06:53:22

Abelysk

All the ranking system did was separate the already confused newbies from the veterans :<

#4 2017-01-23 08:07:52

Kaleb
Formerly Kaleb123

Kefka wrote:

All the ranking system did was separate the already confused newbies from the veterans :<

Yes that is a fair point but it can also make them want to come back so they can rank up more therefore getting more sustainable players.

Wooted by:

#5 2017-01-23 12:24:07

Emma333

The ranking system is probably the reason I started playing very often again. It surely wasn't the 'very helpful' community or amazing levels.

Pm me with anything math related please

#6 2017-01-23 13:55:24

AlphaJon

Ok, this is a topic that isn't brought up often because of how old these changes are.

I may be off for some of the stuff I talk about, but the general idea should be there

Feel free to point out the mistakes and I'll fix them

TL;DR: The ranking system was mainly there to monetize the game, but was disliked because it wasn't very casual-player friendly and just separated the new users from the old ones.

The ranking system along with the consumables (potions) and builders club, were all made from a business perspective. Monetizing the game was the main reason behind MrShoe /MrVoid becoming staff.

The ranking system was there to force players playing around at least a bit, in contrast to right now where a portion of us don't go past the daily login rewards. It was made in an attempt to keep the players it had, in order to get them to be interested in the two other features mentioned above (also gems). A popular game also attracts new players.
The main flaw about that, was the lack of casual-player friendliness, in the sense that the guy who would play about once or twice a week would never get access to the "better" stuff.

This was removed because the community as a whole disliked the general concept of ranking, mainly because people were used to being able to access everything, and this got removed from them.

The closest thing to a rank now we have is the max energy. A new user with 200energy has to login 3 times a day to be able to not lose energy. Meanwhile that 600 energy guy can log in once a day for the same outcome. Paradoxically, the more max energy you have, the less you need energy. May the game shop have mercy on the innocent new user that opens the shop today having to buy all of that by logging in 3 times a day for a year. Meanwhile, that 600 energy guy just sits there stacking world he'll never use, then be able to spend the energy on the newest stuff right away, further increasing the gap.

Warning: from this part on this is going slightly off-topic, but is still relevant to the text above

The consumables along with limited-amount blocks(coin doors, portals, etc.) were there as a perpetual energy sink, which allowed those who had everything to keep spending energy. Because those potions allowed for extra gameplay bonuses, people who did not have everything would also spend energy there to stay on equal grounds, therefore encouraging those users to spend gems to get the other stuff. This is where builder's club comes into play.

Builders' club allows the user to pay a fixed monthly amount to be able to access everything in the game, the only exception being the super-expensive stuff (diamond/bigspender). This aims to let people use energy for consumables only while still providing the non-consumable content. It was made to let the game receive a steady income, instead of beta which was "pay once and be done".
Builders' club is still there as Gold Membership, but for different reasons, content-wise. Today, if one was to try to get everything, he'd have to play (2 times a day if we assume 300 energy) for about a year just to catch-up with the content we have today. This is unsustainable. Gold Membership is a patch to this flaw. A patch you have to renew until the hole is filled. New users, however, aren't really known for paying for a free game right away, so they're stuck with the EE equivalent of debt. They end up frustrated, because the only ways to speed up are campaigns, which don't help once done, and magic coins, which are known to be really rare, to the point where it is almost an achievement to get magic.

Wooted by:

#7 2017-01-23 20:28:07

Kaleb
Formerly Kaleb123

AlphaJon wrote:

This was removed because the community as a whole disliked the general concept of ranking, mainly because people were used to being able to access everything, and this got removed from them.

The closest thing to a rank now we have is the max energy. A new user with 200energy has to login 3 times a day to be able to not lose energy. Meanwhile that 600 energy guy can log in once a day for the same outcome. Paradoxically, the more max energy you have, the less you need energy. May the game shop have mercy on the innocent new user that opens the shop today having to buy all of that by logging in 3 times a day for a year. Meanwhile, that 600 energy guy just sits there stacking world he'll never use, then be able to spend the energy on the newest stuff right away, further increasing the gap.

Well this happens to every new player no matter what, but I can see a deal online for when joining ee you get 10 free gems for an advertisement for ee.

Kaleb1485199687644578

Board footer