Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Advertisement

Hello, visitor! These forums are run off of the revenue generated from these ads. If you'd like to support us, please whitelist us or consider donating:

#1 2016-12-06 11:16:35

Jakub321
Member
From: Czarnobyl
Registered: 2015-08-10
Posts: 48

Please, riot.

http://prntscr.com/dfyqt6
I have a progress on my campaign still 10 min. Please unban just for today... plzz


╭━━━━━━━╮
┃  ● ══  █ ┃
┃██████████┃
┃██████████┃
┃██████████┃
┃█ ur adopted. █┃
┃█ -Mom&Dad █┃
┃██████████┃
┃██████████┃
┃██████████┃
┃   ○    ┃
╰━━━━━━━╯

Offline

#2 2016-12-06 11:18:04

Koya
Fabulous Moderator
From: foï¾¢st
Registered: 2015-02-18
Posts: 6,098
Website

Re: Please, riot.

'Twas your own fault, suffer the consequences of breaking the rules.


WfSi4mm.png

Offline

Wooted by:

#3 2016-12-06 11:18:40

Jakub321
Member
From: Czarnobyl
Registered: 2015-08-10
Posts: 48

Re: Please, riot.

Just for today, don't be satan.


╭━━━━━━━╮
┃  ● ══  █ ┃
┃██████████┃
┃██████████┃
┃██████████┃
┃█ ur adopted. █┃
┃█ -Mom&Dad █┃
┃██████████┃
┃██████████┃
┃██████████┃
┃   ○    ┃
╰━━━━━━━╯

Offline

#4 2016-12-06 11:20:51

Koya
Fabulous Moderator
From: foï¾¢st
Registered: 2015-02-18
Posts: 6,098
Website

Re: Please, riot.

I'm not the one to tell someone to kill themselves, I don't think I'm the one who is satan.

Edit: if you want to continue this PM me, won't reply here.

Last edited by Koya (2016-12-06 11:21:29)


WfSi4mm.png

Offline

Wooted by:

#5 2016-12-06 11:21:31

Jakub321
Member
From: Czarnobyl
Registered: 2015-08-10
Posts: 48

Re: Please, riot.

Your reaction to ban is so slow, i said it like 2 weeks ago kek -> slow moderator
And I just wasssted a lot of time playing this <snip>
<snip>

Last edited by hummerz5 (2016-12-06 14:34:14)


╭━━━━━━━╮
┃  ● ══  █ ┃
┃██████████┃
┃██████████┃
┃██████████┃
┃█ ur adopted. █┃
┃█ -Mom&Dad █┃
┃██████████┃
┃██████████┃
┃██████████┃
┃   ○    ┃
╰━━━━━━━╯

Offline

#6 2016-12-06 12:04:52

Gosha
Formerly Gosha
From: GLORY TO ARSTOTZKA
Registered: 2015-03-15
Posts: 3,685

Re: Please, riot.

Jakub321 wrote:

<snip>

seems like you are getting banned on forums too smile


100--500--1000--1500--2000--2500--3000--3500--4000--4500--5000--9000--9001-10000
KnbqMw5.png

Wooted by: Yourmom

Offline

#7 2016-12-06 14:22:48

Tomahawk
Member
From: England
Registered: 2015-02-18
Posts: 677

Re: Please, riot.

I'm more concerned about the typo in the ban reason.


One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Offline

#8 2016-12-06 14:59:07

Koya
Fabulous Moderator
From: foï¾¢st
Registered: 2015-02-18
Posts: 6,098
Website

Re: Please, riot.

Tomahawk wrote:

I'm more concerned about the typo in the ban reason.

Blame dyslexia, tolerated*


WfSi4mm.png

Offline

#9 2016-12-06 16:32:03

Zumza
Member
From: localhost/
Registered: 2015-02-17
Posts: 3,546

Re: Please, riot.

Koya wrote:

I'm not the one to tell someone to kill themselves, I don't think I'm the one who is satan.

Edit: if you want to continue this PM me, won't reply here.

If keep yourself safe is considered an act of harmful language why not just censor it?


5be5bfb7a2.gif
0e0903c95b.png

Offline

#10 2016-12-06 17:09:28

Koya
Fabulous Moderator
From: foï¾¢st
Registered: 2015-02-18
Posts: 6,098
Website

Re: Please, riot.

Zumza wrote:
Koya wrote:

I'm not the one to tell someone to kill themselves, I don't think I'm the one who is satan.

Edit: if you want to continue this PM me, won't reply here.

If keep yourself safe is considered an act of harmful language why not just censor it?

That is not what it means, "lol" means "lots of love" to some but it isn't the main meaning of it; the predominant meaning of "kys" is "kill yourself" - and it is not tolerated.


WfSi4mm.png

Offline

#11 2016-12-06 17:59:34

Kefka
Formerly Itsmeandersonlol
From: :ɯoɹℲ
Registered: 2015-02-16
Posts: 2,154
Website

Re: Please, riot.

TOLLERATED
TOLLERATED

Offline

#12 2016-12-06 19:06:51

Blackmask
Member
From: France
Registered: 2016-06-27
Posts: 110

Re: Please, riot.

Remmoze wrote:
Jakub321 wrote:

<snip>

seems like you are getting banned on forums too smile

Like you :d


hummerz5 is my friend

Offline

#13 2016-12-06 19:12:49

Zumza
Member
From: localhost/
Registered: 2015-02-17
Posts: 3,546

Re: Please, riot.

Koya wrote:
Zumza wrote:
Koya wrote:

I'm not the one to tell someone to kill themselves, I don't think I'm the one who is satan.

Edit: if you want to continue this PM me, won't reply here.

If keep yourself safe is considered an act of harmful language why not just censor it?

That is not what it means, "lol" means "lots of love" to some but it isn't the main meaning of it; the predominant meaning of "kys" is "kill yourself" - and it is not tolerated.

This is about both people involved into the conversation to give the same meaning to the same words / group of words / expressions.
I have no idea under what circumstances this ban occurred, but generally speaking I won't agree for people to be banned because a group of users interprets the sentence in a way, and the others in a different matter. But I would agree if the message was intended for somebody specifically and the one who received the message felt bullied. The one who've been bullied should send a report to the moderators and explain the event.

Please excuse me for the following example but nothing else came in my mind and your username is too handy in this context.
koya, in my language, means a part of male anatomy, not going into details because I believe you got the idea.
imagine if I tell this to somebody, whom speaks the same language as I do: "You're a fabulous koya". Correctly you'll have to ban me for that, because I did bullied him, even thought nobody else but him and I got the reference.

Last edited by Zumza (2016-12-06 19:13:35)


5be5bfb7a2.gif
0e0903c95b.png

Offline

Wooted by:

#14 2016-12-06 19:43:56

Koya
Fabulous Moderator
From: foï¾¢st
Registered: 2015-02-18
Posts: 6,098
Website

Re: Please, riot.

Zumza wrote:
Koya wrote:
Zumza wrote:
Koya wrote:

I'm not the one to tell someone to kill themselves, I don't think I'm the one who is satan.

Edit: if you want to continue this PM me, won't reply here.

If keep yourself safe is considered an act of harmful language why not just censor it?

That is not what it means, "lol" means "lots of love" to some but it isn't the main meaning of it; the predominant meaning of "kys" is "kill yourself" - and it is not tolerated.

This is about both people involved into the conversation to give the same meaning to the same words / group of words / expressions.
I have no idea under what circumstances this ban occurred, but generally speaking I won't agree for people to be banned because a group of users interprets the sentence in a way, and the others in a different matter. But I would agree if the message was intended for somebody specifically and the one who received the message felt bullied. The one who've been bullied should send a report to the moderators and explain the event.

Please excuse me for the following example but nothing else came in my mind and your username is too handy in this context.
koya, in my language, means a part of male anatomy, not going into details because I believe you got the idea.
imagine if I tell this to somebody, whom speaks the same language as I do: "You're a fabulous koya". Correctly you'll have to ban me for that, because I did bullied him, even thought nobody else but him and I got the reference.

The context to the ban, there was tension and reason to believe that Jakub definitely meant "kys" in the way I banned them for; it doesn't matter who sends the report - if the sender gets away with it then other people may think it is ok, it is not.

I am aware that Koya means a few things in different languages: "Remember" in Chichewa, "Hut" in Japanese, "Coy" in Russian, "Coming" in Sesotho and "Guava" in Tamil; but couldn't find any that were rude - my username comes from my name with innocent intent rather than an acronym which was made to be hurtful.

Can I just point out the obvious that suicide isn't a joke and that it is a sensitive subject for some and a block placing game shouldn't be the place for people to feel like they are being threatened.


WfSi4mm.png

Offline

#15 2016-12-06 20:44:13

Weirdoverse
Formerly GOG100lol
From: (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)lands
Registered: 2015-02-20
Posts: 886
Website

Re: Please, riot.

how to make a world better place:
censor kys


Arej7sR.png

user.php?id=VVeirdoverse user.php?id=canilickyourcat browser-chrome-3c00ff.png windows-XP----%3E7-blue.png Total%20energy-1,123-fb1fa4.png Gems-19-cccccc.png

Offline

Wooted by:

#16 2016-12-06 20:48:48

Master1
Member
Registered: 2015-02-15
Posts: 4,082

Re: Please, riot.

Koya wrote:

it doesn't matter who sends the report

Uhhhh yes it does???

If someone said "kys" to me, I wouldn't even care. There's no need to ban someone for harassing/insulting/flaming someone else UNLESS they actually have a problem with it. I'd be pretty mad if someone got banned over saying something like that to me. Especially if I wasn't the one who reported it.

Offline

#17 2016-12-06 21:11:49

Zumza
Member
From: localhost/
Registered: 2015-02-17
Posts: 3,546

Re: Please, riot.

Master1 wrote:
Koya wrote:

it doesn't matter who sends the report

Uhhhh yes it does???

If someone said "kys" to me, I wouldn't even care. There's no need to ban someone for harassing/insulting/flaming someone else UNLESS they actually have a problem with it. I'd be pretty mad if someone got banned over saying something like that to me. Especially if I wasn't the one who reported it.

If someone said "kys" to me, in the context Koya described(kys with the meaning of suicide) then it wouldn't matter. The <<bully>> should be banned no matter who was the one whom reported. Nobody should be exposed to harassment, unless they choose to.
Its all about the context, if the user actually meant "keep yourself safe", and another misinterpreted it, then nobody should be banned. The moderator should, in my opinion, check exactly what was the intent of the <<bully>> and empathise.
And, from what I read, is exactly what Koya did.

Last edited by Zumza (2016-12-06 21:13:32)


5be5bfb7a2.gif
0e0903c95b.png

Offline

Wooted by:

#18 2016-12-06 21:28:06

HG
Member
From: PWA0gEDooycEI
Registered: 2015-02-18
Posts: 1,121
Website

Re: Please, riot.

Today's kids are too sensitive.


Check out The Tower Remastered, the best limited-time challenge world by HG Crew, NOW WITH A GAME-PLAY VIDEO!

Offline

#19 2016-12-06 21:38:26

Zumza
Member
From: localhost/
Registered: 2015-02-17
Posts: 3,546

Re: Please, riot.

HG wrote:

Today's kids are too sensitive.

Lot of things has changed, life became more complex thus the balance can be easier to disrupt. So indeed we are more sensitive but it's not our fault.


5be5bfb7a2.gif
0e0903c95b.png

Offline

#20 2016-12-06 21:43:44

HG
Member
From: PWA0gEDooycEI
Registered: 2015-02-18
Posts: 1,121
Website

Re: Please, riot.

Zumza wrote:
HG wrote:

Today's kids are too sensitive.

Lot of things has changed, life became more complex thus the balance can be easier to disrupt. So indeed we are more sensitive but it's not our fault.

What you are saying is that you are more sensitive but does not define what I said.

Have a look of the upcoming Cars 3 trailer. I just saw McQueen crashing. And what? It's part of the story. My brother couldn't stop screaming and crying after seeing that.
I'm like, come on! It's just a movie. Wait, it's just a trailer!

Last edited by HG (2016-12-06 21:44:40)


Check out The Tower Remastered, the best limited-time challenge world by HG Crew, NOW WITH A GAME-PLAY VIDEO!

Offline

#21 2016-12-06 22:38:43

Master1
Member
Registered: 2015-02-15
Posts: 4,082

Re: Please, riot.

Zumza wrote:

If someone said "kys" to me, in the context Koya described(kys with the meaning of suicide) then it wouldn't matter. The <<bully>> should be banned no matter who was the one whom reported. Nobody should be exposed to harassment, unless they choose to.

So you're basically validating my point. Choosing to be exposed to harassment = not reporting the person who harassed you. At that point nobody should care, even the mods.

Instead of banning for "intent to harass" mods should focus more on banning for people who actually are being harassed.

Last edited by Master1 (2016-12-06 22:41:19)

Offline

Wooted by:

HG

#22 2016-12-06 22:48:29

Zumza
Member
From: localhost/
Registered: 2015-02-17
Posts: 3,546

Re: Please, riot.

Master1 wrote:
Zumza wrote:

If someone said "kys" to me, in the context Koya described(kys with the meaning of suicide) then it wouldn't matter. The <<bully>> should be banned no matter who was the one whom reported. Nobody should be exposed to harassment, unless they choose to.

So you're basically validating my point. Choosing to be exposed to harassment = not reporting the person who harassed you. At that point nobody should care, even the mods.

Master1 wrote:
Koya wrote:

it doesn't matter who sends the report

Uhhhh yes it does???

If someone said "kys" to me, I wouldn't even care. There's no need to ban someone for harassing/insulting/flaming someone else UNLESS they actually have a problem with it. I'd be pretty mad if someone got banned over saying something like that to me. Especially if I wasn't the one who reported it.

Lets give a real case scenario.
There is a fight on the street. From what you've said I understand that mods shouldn't care unless the one who has been beaten reports the attacker. If the beaten man doesn't want to report his attacker everything is fine.
From the other side, I disagree. If theres a fight on the street I'm going to report it, because even if it's not me the one involved, it is still an aggression to the neighbourhood. We don't want kids go fight on streets because their fathers care too much about their pride and don't request help from police.

Last edited by Zumza (2016-12-06 22:50:47)


5be5bfb7a2.gif
0e0903c95b.png

Offline

Wooted by:

#23 2016-12-06 22:56:52

Master1
Member
Registered: 2015-02-15
Posts: 4,082

Re: Please, riot.

Zumza wrote:

From the other side, I disagree. If theres a fight on the street I'm going to report it, because even if it's not me the one involved, it is still an aggression to the neighbourhood.

Don't really see how this analogy works. Of course anyone would report a fight on the street, because someone involved could actually be physically injured and unable to do it themselves... On an online game anyone can easily send a report, there's no kind of argument you can get into to where you can't send one.

*EDIT* why are we even having this discussion? Nou already agreed to the whole "Only ban people for harassment if the one being harassed sends the report" thing months ago.

Last edited by Master1 (2016-12-06 22:58:10)

Offline

#24 2016-12-07 12:40:29

Zumza
Member
From: localhost/
Registered: 2015-02-17
Posts: 3,546

Re: Please, riot.

Master1 wrote:
Zumza wrote:

From the other side, I disagree. If theres a fight on the street I'm going to report it, because even if it's not me the one involved, it is still an aggression to the neighbourhood.

Don't really see how this analogy works. Of course anyone would report a fight on the street, because someone involved could actually be physically injured and unable to do it themselves... On an online game anyone can easily send a report, there's no kind of argument you can get into to where you can't send one.

*EDIT* why are we even having this discussion? Nou already agreed to the whole "Only ban people for harassment if the one being harassed sends the report" thing months ago.

I don't know where and when this has been settled but I don't agree.

Lets try another analogy, perhaps you'll understand this one:
You're a kindergarten teacher supervising a group of kids playing with legos.
At some point a kid starts throwing legos into another kid. Nobody asks for your help.
From your stand of view you think that you should not act unless somebody starts crying.
But I beg too differ, throwing with legos isn't safe, you shouldn't wait until he is left without an eye. You should stop them from the start.

Now going back to our scenario:
The lego pieces are the "kys" messages.
Perhaps the user isn't going to report. Statistics shows than people who suffer of mental breakdowns, don't seek for help by them own, thus they won't report anything even if it does affect them.
Perhaps at some point the bullied person might actually do the step.
Having a voice always telling you to do something, makes you at some point to do it. The only way is to stop hearing that voice.

Last edited by Zumza (2016-12-07 12:42:24)


5be5bfb7a2.gif
0e0903c95b.png

Offline

Wooted by:

#25 2016-12-07 15:23:13

ninjasupeatsninja
Member
From: USA (hooray!)
Registered: 2015-04-05
Posts: 1,231

Re: Please, riot.

big

Link Explorer | My Website | FDWhXKY.png do not click on fred...

please use .tk now

VGMWPuO.png

4EvsY3j.png
<3

Offline

Wooted by:
hummerz51483974154642522

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1488236202.4238 - Generated in 0.066 seconds, 10 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.47 MiB (Peak: 1.75 MiB) ]