Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-01 22:03:09, last edited by gkaby (2016-12-01 22:06:50)

gkaby
Website

Some Quick Notes

I've been figuring out/learning a bunch of neat things that I don't think a lot of people know about, here are some of them:

Hard hat smiley used to be 5000 gems when it was first released.
Prize decoration used to be called Price on profiles.
You used to not have momentum leaving and entering god mode.
Bunny used to be called Bunni on profiles.
There was a one way block that existed before candy that Benjaminsen placed in a world. It was an orangeish color.
Secret bricks used to have S's on them.
Tanned smiley used to freeze worlds.
Surprise used to be called Supprice on profiles.
Devil smiley's horns used to be shorter.
Coins used to be behind smileys graphically.
Hard hat used to freeze EE on Kongregate.
Many updates on ee are believed by some to have been influenced by updates on minecraft. This includes the windows, potions, and guardians, which were added to everybody edits about two months after they were added to minecraft.
On april fool's 2016, smileys were replaced with blocks.
Angel used to be called Angle on profiles.
You used to be able to open shop in a world if you had no decorations.
You used to be able to stick to ceilings.
There used to be a way to get red ninja without beating the necessary campaign.
You used to be able to jump underwater.
Gravity dot used to be a different size.
You used to not get stuck in time doors.
If you jumped while on music notes that were on ice you wouldn't jump as high.
You used to be able to jump at the end of a line of sideways arrows.
One day there was a world that showed in everyone's lobby as being owned by them, but no one had edit or command access in it.

idk

#2 2016-12-01 22:54:51

skullz17

Re: Some Quick Notes

Gonna add some extra details since I know some.

gkaby wrote:

You used to not have momentum leaving and entering god mode.

And before this, it was as it is now. The thing where you lost all momentum when toggling god mode was some pointless change added at some point, but fortunately it was reverted later.

gkaby wrote:

If I remember correctly, this only occurred before the tanned smiley was released. Basically, I think someone made some hacked client where you could use the tanned smiley even though it wasn't released yet. The reason it crashed worlds was to do with the fact that you had a smiley that the server didn't recognise or something like that. Or perhaps it was everyone else's clients that didn't recognise the smiley, idk.

gkaby wrote:

The reason for this change was because it was annoying when people went afk on a coin and you couldn't see it because of them.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#3 2016-12-01 23:41:41

hummerz5

gkaby wrote:

Hard hat smiley used to be 5000 gems when it was first released.

Also, many smileys in the db are given exorbitant prices so that they cannot simply be purchased, but they can still have entries in the payvault system. (think witch: 50000 gems e.g.)

gkaby wrote:

If you jumped while on music notes that were on ice you wouldn't jump as high.

you used to be able to place a special sound block that referenced a music file that didn't exist, so the frame would freeze.

gkaby wrote:

Can someone concur with this

gkaby wrote:

Did they actually get rid of this? Why did they have it? Could we just have that as a button if it was so important?

skullz17 wrote:

If I remember correctly, this only occurred before the tanned smiley was released. Basically, I think someone made some hacked client where you could use the tanned smiley even though it wasn't released yet. The reason it crashed worlds was to do with the fact that you had a smiley that the server didn't recognise or something like that. Or perhaps it was everyone else's clients that didn't recognise the smiley, idk.

I want to say they went so far as to release a tanned smiley .swf but then rolled back for some reason. As such, people with the right .swf (or URL, perhaps they didn't remove it from the sitebox?) could easily join without even hacking the client or making a bot for things. Sorta akin to the music note that doesn't exist. You're right in the latter, when the special smiley came into "view" the client had no image data to apply to it, so it couldn't draw the frame. Once the offending smiley left (or the user moved away from the smiley) all was well again.

Gems used to be "EE Coins" until benjaminsen realized that "EE coins" was quite ambiguous.
Beta used to mean something (even the clients were different for a time)
Chat has gone through a cycle of not existing, being beta-only, being cent-only, being part of a package, and being free (at different periods of time.) So in other words, I had chat... then lost it... //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

also, you didn't ask a question

Wooted by: (3)

#4 2016-12-01 23:49:01

Dencc
Formerly Thenew428
Website

gkaby wrote:

Angel used to be called Angle on profiles.

262a.png

#5 2016-12-02 00:18:57

Moukdaboss
Banned

gkaby wrote:

Somebody idk who made a client where you were able to use the tanned smiley before it came out and if you used it, it only froze the game for people that weren't using tanned smileys. The frozen people were able to chat and stuff.

idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot

Wooted by:

#6 2016-12-02 01:11:35

AlphaJon

gkaby wrote:

Secret bricks used to have S's on them.

They were quite nice in my opinion. The removal of those wasn't too bad either, but I prefered keeping the S

gkaby wrote:

Surprise used to be called Supprice on profiles.

RIP Supprice

gkaby wrote:

Oh man that was annoying. Still think of that one whenever I see a coin with a player close to it.

gkaby wrote:

There used to be a way to get red ninja without beating the necessary campaign.

That one was easy to do by repeatedly hitting a red key while it was inactive (doors closed, gates open)

Some other I never really cared, or didn't know about.

Wooted by: (2)

#7 2016-12-02 01:38:55, last edited by hummerz5 (2016-12-02 01:45:28)

hummerz5

some exploits artifacts that come to mind:

It used to be that the block ID of what's now a vine (I think) was an invisible block. You could set a bot to place it if you had (Glass package? Sand?) and you'd have the secret block that took a few years to actually get implemented as a secret block. Fun!
It used to be that you could place foreground blocks in the background... that was trippy. A few such levels still exist.
Recently, you could travel outside the world. Idk who screwed up and made that possible.
You used to not be able to place blocks on the border (Am I too recent?)
You used to be able to lag the server in such a way that it would think you had infinite special blocks. (Think: many trophies, many cakes, well infinite anything that you own. E.g., I didn't have infinite diamonds. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad )
You used to be able to give the server any world size you wanted. And, you could place any blocks... literally creating your own world from scratch.
The best era of EE was when no one could actually talk (IIRC) which was amazing. Back before bots and the exchange of information... the usernames... life was simpler back then.
Also, just a general tip of the hat to when clearing worlds was done manually...
Open worlds used to actually be fun... and users were somewhat pressed to generate content because saved worlds were a rarity... was there a time when loading a world by its ID/URL wasn't possible? I should think so
When quick chat was first implemented, the chat was flooded with people saying useless things, so its global visibility was removed.
At one point, an EE dev made it possible for a user to wear any smiley they wanted...
Along with the idea of secret blocks having "S" they had some debut style changes... IIRC they were originally completely invisible, even when touched, which made things too difficult apparently.
e: Smileys and block packages used to mean some elite status for actually owning something that was non-standard and new. I feel like that trend has sifted out as the players grow more accustomed to "well that's the latest thing... but idc"... so no longer do I rush to see the Glass Package in use! Or the Beta Package! nor do I take pride in my Beta Smileys! (or have I simply aged?)

Am I missing the general trend of this topic? I'm enjoying the reminiscing.

edit: *disclaimer: some of the things you might think didn't exist might have actually existed because they were bot-related and not generally open to the public. Others I might have simply dreamed up.

Wooted by: (3)

#8 2016-12-02 02:39:33

Evilbunny

hummerz5 wrote:
gkaby wrote:

Can someone concur with this

Yea if there was a block above you and you were in water you could press space and you would jump like 1.5 or two blocks downward. It wasn't used in many minis because it was just too weak.

I've heard there used to be a bug where you could freeze yourself in the air and then drop whenever you wanted. It had something to do with the screenshot feature before it was fully implemented.

Evilbunny (in cursive)

Wooted by: (4)

#9 2016-12-02 12:46:14

Weirdoverse
Website

yet this is only one which i remember

A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.

Wooted by:

#10 2016-12-02 13:24:06

Nebula

gkaby wrote:

There was a one way block that existed before candy that Benjaminsen placed in a world. It was an orangeish color.

Screenshot_13.png
This? I think it is.

Wooted by:

#11 2016-12-07 11:26:41

Guest.

angle, bunni, and supprice were from benjaminsen's engrish
i think theyre still called that in the files though

Guest.1481106401638609

Board footer