Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-24 12:24:40, last edited by den3107 (2016-11-02 23:09:31)

den3107

Alternative account "bundle"

So as I started to talk about in this topic, perhaps it's an idea to have a selected group share a "bundle" of alternative accounts.

The main idea of this bundle would be that they would be maintained by the entire group. And with maintaining I mean that everybody helps a little bit on spending energy (on the block packs mostly).
With this bundle you can then make drawing go a lot faster, but also make other, more trivial stuff, like telling messages a little faster in case it'd be necessary... In a non-spamming manner, of course

Now as Koya pointed out, an account can only be active on a single IP. There're basically 2 obvious solutions:

• "Short way": Get a little server running where all alts are commanded from, giving them all the same IP address, whoever uses them.

• Long way: Just get a whole bunch of alts, so that if one appears to be already in use, you always probably have another "backup".

Now I personally see that the following steps would have to be made to accomplish this idea:

• See if there's actual interest in this;

• Get somebody to "lead" the group. Preferably somebody who knows at least somewhat what's going in the community;

• Set up rules?

• Get applicants;

• See who of those applicants already have a somewhat usable alt for the bundle (perhaps make that a requirement to join?);

• Get a spot to "store" the account details (I guess PM is good enough);

• Figure out if "we're" going to use the "short way" or not and if we do, implement it.

Administrative stuff...

Note to people who don't trust me: I'm currently just setting up the idea, somebody else will eventually be the "leader" of this project and I won't be necessarily in it (though obviously I will apply), so contributing to this won't necessarily mean you're helping me execute my masterplan.

Wooted by: (4)

#2 2016-10-24 13:27:26

Koya
Fabulous Member

Re: Alternative account "bundle"

Would be interested in sharing 30 of my bot accounts, they have an auto-shopper already but no classic items. After allowing a select number of people to use it I am fully aware I would not be able to take them back unless everyone agrees.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#3 2016-10-24 13:35:59

hummerz5

Hey on that note. If you use the server idea, doesn't that provide some level of credential security? Wouldnt stop misuse necessarily but people wouldn't walk off with the accounts, either.

I think this is cool. I don't have alts on me though.

#4 2016-10-24 13:38:29, last edited by den3107 (2016-10-24 13:42:07)

den3107

Koya wrote:

Would be interested in sharing 30 of my bot accounts, they have an auto-shopper already but no classic items. After allowing a select number of people to use it I am fully aware I would not be able to take them back unless everyone agrees.

That's... Quite a lot...
And if people would help with a login streak, we'd eventually be able to buy most classic stuff with gems and beta.
And you could always just "donate" only a portion at first, I personally expect 15-20 to be plenty.

Off-topic: why do you have that many bot alts anyway? xD

hummerz5 wrote:

Hey on that note. If you use the server idea, doesn't that provide some level of credential security? Wouldnt stop misuse necessarily but people wouldn't walk off with the accounts, either.

We could indeed also use a credential system with the server. Would making "banning" or "inviting" people quite some easier too, the system could (eventually) even automize bot distribution and maybe also have an auto-spender and daily visit to get those sweet sweet gems?
Not sure it's against the terms of agreement of EE though to automate that kinda stuff (mostly the daily visit part).

#5 2016-10-24 13:41:06

Koya
Fabulous Member

den3107 wrote:
Koya wrote:

That's... Quite a lot...
And if people would help with a login streak, we'd eventually be able to buy most classic stuff with gems and beta.
And you could always just "donate" only a portion at first, I personally expect 15-20 to be plenty.

Off-topic: why do you have that many bot alts anyway? xD

I'm working on a huge BALs (about 5 worlds) and wanted to have 5 bots in each world and I thought it would be cute to have the bots rotate and every 15 minutes or so a new bot enters and the oldest leaves //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

Wooted by:

#6 2016-10-24 13:44:59

den3107

Koya wrote:

I'm working on a huge BALs (about 5 worlds) and wanted to have 5 bots in each world and I thought it would be cute to have the bots rotate and every 15 minutes or so a new bot enters and the oldest leaves //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Aww... Now you got me currious...

Also: As you'd be obviously the biggest contribution to this "project" (aside from a possible person that could make the server stuff) and rather active on the forums, I personally think you're currently the best bet on the "leader" of the bundle, if you'd like to

#7 2016-10-24 13:50:19

Koya
Fabulous Member

I'll have a think about it, it wouldn't be a definite "no".

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#8 2016-10-24 16:12:09

SirJosh3917
Formerly ninjasupeatsninja

I have a server ( but my internet is terrible //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad ) and I wouldn't mind coding the server PHP scripts to make it happen.

#9 2016-10-24 17:18:02

den3107

ninjasupeatsninja wrote:

I have a server ( but my internet is terrible //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad )

I assume you have a system running at home? I think it'd be best to get an actual webhoster, since the uptime and general quality is simply more consistent. Though obviously if we'd have no alternative your server would always he helpful.

#10 2016-10-24 18:56:53, last edited by XxAtillaxX (2016-11-03 08:53:01)

XxAtillaxX

This is fairly easy to accomplish, although you'd better be using a secure storage medium.
I'll be willing to help out, as long as, and only if, the project is conducted professionally with the proper safeguards and implementations in place.

I'm able to run a server 24/7 harnessing EESpender for automated energy spending and login rewards.
I'd also like to point out a few potentially fitting solutions towards the issue of restricted authentication,

The first is a means of temporary unrestricted authentication, you are able to launch authenticated requests to the Player.IO API, for approximately 5 days prior to expiry.
The second is a means of indefinite restricted authentication, you are unable to launch authenticated requests to the Player.IO API, but are able to send packets within a specified World.

You are already able to do the first, and I've created an example of doing so that does not require modified binaries.
In order to do the second, it would require modifying the binary (as the join token is sent in-line), although I'll soon be publishing an open-source PlayerIOClient that would make this process easier.

EDIT: It's been released, check out OpenPIO.PlayerIOClient.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by: (3)

#11 2016-10-24 20:10:37

den3107

XxAtillaxX wrote:

This is fairly easy to accomplish, although you'd better be using a secure storage medium.
I'll be willing to help out, as long as, and only if, the project is conducted professionally with the proper safeguards and implementations in place.

I'm able to run a server 24/7 harnessing EESpender for automated energy spending and login rewards.
I'd also like to point out a few potentially fitting solutions towards the issue of restricted authentication,

The first is a means of temporary unrestricted authentication, you are able to launch authenticated requests to the Player.IO API, for approximately 5 days prior to expiry.
The second is a means of indefinite restricted authentication, you are unable to launch authenticated requests to the Player.IO API, but are able to send packets within a specified World.

You are already able to do the first, and I've created an example of doing so that does not require modified binaries.
In order to do the second, it would require modifying the binary (as the join token is sent in-line), although I'll soon be publishing an open-source PlayerIOClient that would make this process easier.

I guess the people who will be creating the back-end and managing the project will certainly look at the given information and suggestions.

Added a spoiler in the OP with people who can potentially add resources to this project.

Not yet going to conclude that there is real big interest in this project, but it's certainly going to right way.

#12 2016-11-02 19:08:30

John

I also have a server that could be used if needed.

PW?scale=2

#13 2016-11-02 23:08:53

den3107

Emalton wrote:

I also have a server that could be used if needed.

I'm currently not entirely certain if there is enough demand to really start development for the back-end, as it probably wouldn't be a 5 minutes project.
But I'll make a notice.

den31071478124533632789

Board footer