Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2016-04-14 00:03:45, last edited by Slushie (2016-04-16 00:37:59)

Slushie

Re: Introducing two new moderators: benje00 and zioxei

hi everyone

ok

#52 2016-04-14 00:40:09, last edited by Calicara (2016-04-14 01:07:20)

Calicara

I'm gonna start an official petition because you didn't pick me >:O

Also who the hell is zioxei?

P.S. Just looked at the blog. Not only is Zioxei very unknown/unpopular he's also only 17....? You know there's older, more mature players would might be better picks... *cough*Calicara*Cough*I'm 21*cough*Graduating college in a month*cough*

*cough*notice me nou senpai*cough*

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

#53 2016-04-14 01:05:56

AmdS
Website

#54 2016-04-14 01:11:51, last edited by Schlog (2016-04-14 01:13:33)

Schlog

nice first impression, zioxei.

edit: since everyone is doing this for some stupid reason...

PROIMOTE ME PLZZZZ?!!!!!!!!!!!! I NOT FORM BAND PZLLSSLSLSS

#55 2016-04-14 01:13:17

Different55
Forum Admin

pls, this happened before he was modded. We only just noticed it now because people are trying to burn him at the stake.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (3)

#56 2016-04-14 01:13:36

Kira

>gets mod power
>gets banned

7c1X8OT.png

>get paid

#57 2016-04-14 01:15:59, last edited by Calicara (2016-04-14 01:16:25)

Calicara

1. Shameless self promotion

2. Because Zioxel so far is coming off as a Jawapa clone. Young, unknown, and arrogant. There other much better choices. Aoitenshi, Kefka, Kira, Kirby just to name a few (lot's of K's). I literally do not understand why Nou just put some random kid in charge. Must be a friend of a friend like thesource85 was.

tgA1y17.jpg

Wooted by: (2)

#58 2016-04-14 01:20:10

nlmdejonge

Calicara wrote:

Someone who made 800+ posts on this forum, among other things. Including more than a handful of (very) constructive posts. Perhaps it's not the best question for a moderator-wannabe to ask. Not only is it easy to search for profiles here and in-game, and to look through forum posts, but it's also not very thoughtful to ask such a question about an active and contributing fellow forum member and player.

Calicara wrote:

You know there's older, more mature players would might be better picks... *cough*Calicara*Cough*I'm 21*cough*Graduating college in a month*cough*

Well, age and maturity are not the same thing, and to me your textual coughing, for instance, is a sign of immaturity. Immaturity isn't a bad thing per se though.

By the way, I noticed that your old 'guest' account on this forum is not yet merged with your current account.

I have permanently left the game and forum.
EE is an entertaining game and I enjoyed playing it...
...but it's time for me to move on.

Wooted by:

#59 2016-04-14 01:29:16

AmdS
Website

Calicara wrote:

There other much better choices. Aoitenshi, Kefka, Kira, Kirby just to name a few (lot's of K's).

I totally support these players as an EE moderator.

I'm also really confused why did Nou or whatever picked zioxei to become an EE mod because there is alot of players that are more mature than him. I'm really confused about it.

#60 2016-04-14 01:29:30, last edited by Calicara (2016-04-14 01:29:57)

Calicara

Lol, here comes nlmdejonge the SJW to the rescue.

All I will say is, I have never heard of Zioxei, and despite my inactivity I lurk the forums quite a bit. No need to rant on defending myself, because this topic isn't about me. But looking at other users post, Zioxei does not seem very popular among the forumers, which is a negative to start.

I was talking to friends in game, and it seems Zioxei is getting a big head. He think he's better than other players, and apparently he killed an entire room just because a few players said some mean things to him. There are also other players who have contributed much more to the community. Having a few constructive posts does not make one to be a moderator.

As for you last point, attacking my personal self is a logical fallacy, but beside that. Why would I want to merge my new account, (now that I'm an adult), with my account from when I was 16? People change, lol.

tgA1y17.jpg

#61 2016-04-14 01:29:49

Different55
Forum Admin

nlmdejonge wrote:
Calicara wrote:

Someone who made 800+ posts on this forum, among other things. Including more than a handful of (very) constructive posts. Perhaps it's not the best question for a moderator-wannabe to ask. Not only is it easy to search for profiles here and in-game, and to look through forum posts, but it's also not very thoughtful to ask such a question about an active and contributing fellow forum member and player.

Calicara wrote:

You know there's older, more mature players would might be better picks... *cough*Calicara*Cough*I'm 21*cough*Graduating college in a month*cough*

Well, age and maturity are not the same thing, and to me your textual coughing, for instance, is a sign of immaturity. Immaturity isn't a bad thing per se though.

By the way, I noticed that your old 'guest' account on this forum is not yet merged with your current account.

Side note: She asked not be merged. She ran away from the cringe. Can't say I blame her. It's best to put the past behind you.

Speaking of putting the past behind you

zioxei

give him a chance to de-scrub himself now that he's a mod. I know I was a giant turd even after I was made a mod like 4 or 5 years ago on the original forums. And I kept being a turd for like 2 years after that. I'm probably a turd now. But we don't know if modship will de-scrub zioxei til we give him a chance. this totally wasn't an excuse to make my post on-topic

- ShinsukeIto

#62 2016-04-14 01:30:46, last edited by Calicara (2016-04-14 01:30:55)

Calicara

Aww Diff you're not that bad. You and Zoey are classic //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/e/ea/089_bruce

tgA1y17.jpg

#63 2016-04-14 01:54:41, last edited by Pyromaniac (2016-04-14 02:42:26)

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Hi moderators. Its just lil' old me here with a quick question. I realize that this won't be addressed because lets face it: you guys are awful at community relations! But here is my question-

Who is zioxel? I guess I'm prepared to give him a chance (even though the KKK thing looks REALLY, UNBELIEVABLY bad. Like I can't emphasize enough how terrible this makes you look, Nou) but it would be REALLY nice if the community had ANY input in who moderates us. It wouldn't be that hard to organize a community response type thing.

Also I know that this is going to be received as flaming, or me just freaking out or something. But rest assured, Nou, I am calm. I'm just honestly wondering why this decision was made? Because I've been able to justify each decision you guys make less and less.

EDIT: Benje is eh good enough I guess. Everyone saw that coming, anyway.

Wooted by: (4)

#64 2016-04-14 02:34:18

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

First off, just because you haven't heard of someone, does not mean they are the equivalent to Satan.

No one here has a perfect clean past, and are far from perfect now. Stop complaining about a few things he's done. Remember, this was all started because most of the community is incapable of controlling themselves.

Give him time to get used to it. Try to offer him constructive criticism when you think he's done something wrong. Email Nou if you have to.

Attacking him and being snarky **** will not make the situation any better.

Discord: jawp#5123

#65 2016-04-14 03:11:42, last edited by some woman (2016-04-14 03:56:12)

some woman

i'm going to assume this is a joke since there isn't any actual reason as to why zioxei would be somehow chosen over the several other forumers who meet all the requirements it apparently takes to be a moderator. for example:

blog wrote:

I’m just an average dude, nothing interesting. I want to finally make something for EE by participating in making it a better place for everyone.

hey, i'm an average dude too! and i'm not interesting either. i also want to make things for ee, and i like participating in stuff! there's my resumé, make me a mod now.

10 years and still awkward. Keep it up, baby!

#66 2016-04-14 03:20:53, last edited by Slushie (2016-04-16 00:36:45)

Slushie

everyone woot this post

ok

#67 2016-04-14 03:50:56

Calicara

Slushie wrote:

I don't understand this "give him a chance" logic. Going by that, we should all go around taking turns being mods because we all deserve a chance.

Every time that argument has been made for a controversial new staff member, they ended up being demoted (hi jawapa, ultrabass) or they now hide from the public eye after several scandals (hi nvd, cjmaeder, xjeex).

Surprisingly, the community is capable of identifying good moderators before they become moderators. This is why we need community input before putting random people like zioxei into positions of authority.

This might be the one time I agree with the idea of community input.

We could do, for example, a topic where people can make nomination for moderators (they cannot nominate themselves), and only people who have more than so many nominations can actually be considered (so maybe like 3 or 4 nominations, in example.) From there you could just do a general election from top picks.

I don't agree with this idea of giving random people a chance. Benje00 I'm ok with. Zioxei I am not.

tgA1y17.jpg

#68 2016-04-14 04:00:44

Different55
Forum Admin

Calicara wrote:
Slushie wrote:

I don't understand this "give him a chance" logic. Going by that, we should all go around taking turns being mods because we all deserve a chance.

Every time that argument has been made for a controversial new staff member, they ended up being demoted (hi jawapa, ultrabass) or they now hide from the public eye after several scandals (hi nvd, cjmaeder, xjeex).

Surprisingly, the community is capable of identifying good moderators before they become moderators. This is why we need community input before putting random people like zioxei into positions of authority.

This might be the one time I agree with the idea of community input.

We could do, for example, a topic where people can make nomination for moderators (they cannot nominate themselves), and only people who have more than so many nominations can actually be considered (so maybe like 3 or 4 nominations, in example.) From there you could just do a general election from top picks.

I don't agree with this idea of giving random people a chance. Benje00 I'm ok with. Zioxei I am not.

Don't want to sound conceited or anything but that's how me, chewy, and EDJ were chosen and I'm probably not the most unbiased source but I think we turned out pretty alright.

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (3)

#69 2016-04-14 04:00:55

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Calicara wrote:

There other much better choices. Aoitenshi,

Maybe

Calicara wrote:

Kefka,

Maybe

Calicara wrote:

Kira,

No

Calicara wrote:

Kirby

There can only be one

#70 2016-04-14 04:04:10

RavaTroll

That KKK business should have had repercussions and zioxei should have been at least temporary banned (and whitepower should be at least temporary banned and renamed too).

SNTDcGF.png Trolls be in da place, mon ! SNTDcGF.png

Wooted by:

#71 2016-04-14 04:07:23

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

RavaTroll wrote:

That KKK business should have had repercussions and zioxei should have been at least temporary banned (and whitepower should be at least temporary banned and renamed too).

I'm almost 100% sure that Nou did take care of it... many months ago.

Discord: jawp#5123

#72 2016-04-14 05:50:37

iPwner
Website

So basically we got an uberjawapa who's active in the KKK and a random dood who joked about being a mod and this somehow made him a real mod (benje00). Why do we even need mods again? 0: They add literally virtually nothing to the game except decreased democracy and hate fostering! :3 Remember back in the benjaminsen era when we only had 5 pretty inactive, superchill admins, and a mean 2500 players at a day's peak? Now we have 150 players at a days peak and about 8-ish HYPERactive tweenage mods/admins. Craaaaaaahst.

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

EPIOOOOOUUUUUUuuuuuu   IUO0O0oooooooooooppi

;3 0>o ~X_x~ <~(^V^)~> (); ;B ;~; *~<:',',',',',{ Q=(*@`)Q

Im A ®a®ity ®

#73 2016-04-14 05:59:46, last edited by N1KF (2016-04-14 06:14:52)

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

iPwner wrote:

So basically we got an uberjawapa who's active in the KKK and a random dood who joked about being a mod and this somehow made him a real mod (benje00). Why do we even need mods again? 0: They add literally virtually nothing to the game except decreased democracy and hate fostering! :3 Remember back in the benjaminsen era when we only had 5 pretty inactive, superchill admins, and a mean 2500 players at a day's peak? Now we have 150 players at a days peak and about 8-ish HYPERactive tweenage mods/admins. Craaaaaaahst.

I think the problem is that the chat is public. So now people like me have access to the chat https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

Hey do this poll http://strawpoll.me/7367577

#74 2016-04-14 08:29:30

DULL

One name in this topic's title makes it sound like a joke. Bad choice, EE staff. (If you really were choosing, it feels like zioxei was at the right place at the right time).

#75 2016-04-14 08:55:13

Onjit
Website

DULL wrote:

it feels like zioxei was at the right place at the right time

this is what i think the real reason is

:.|:;

AmdS1460770042596240

Board footer