Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2016-04-13 22:09:52, last edited by Kira (2016-04-13 22:10:01)

Kira

Re: Introducing two new moderators: benje00 and zioxei

N1KF FOR MOD 2K16, HE RESPECTS THE RULES, HE'S ACTIVE, HE'S HANDSOME, VOTE TODAY.

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool
//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

N1KF : NUMBER 1 KOOL FELLA

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR, VOTE TODAY
http://strawpoll.me/7364893

Wooted by: (2)

#27 2016-04-13 22:09:57

Yandax

Kefka wrote:

Please don't flame/insult them, please. Respect should be our #1 priority. Let's keep this discussion civil. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Listen to him, please.

Also: YAY! New mods!

Pretend I didn't exist until now

All hail me, the king of insensitive jerks

Woot if you hate me

#28 2016-04-13 22:10:06

Anak

Anak wrote:

Zioxei came from leftfield lmao but I'm prepared to give him a chance since he was chosen. Ok I was looking at his profile and he's a part of the KKK? Lmao?
I don't recall hearing bad things about Benje so

Looks like that was speedily deleted. (Good thing I screenshotted the whole thing beforehand //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink)

#29 2016-04-13 22:11:11

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

well you can at least give him a chance
its always possible to change yourself, i cant deny he did some nasty stuff but if he got picked then give him a chance
it's not like the amount of candidates to pick from was tiny

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:

#30 2016-04-13 22:12:26

AmdS
Website

Anak wrote:
Anak wrote:

Zioxei came from leftfield lmao but I'm prepared to give him a chance since he was chosen. Ok I was looking at his profile and he's a part of the KKK? Lmao?

Looks like that was speedily deleted. (Good thing I screenshotted the whole thing beforehand //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink)

Wait, are mods deleting negative posts?

#31 2016-04-13 22:13:33

Anak

AmdS wrote:
Anak wrote:
Anak wrote:

Wait, are mods deleting negative posts?

The crew was deleted, not the post.

#32 2016-04-13 22:25:01

Anak

Seeming as that crew was deleted without explanation (unless one is yet to come)

Zioxei in the KKK crew

I think Thanksmom is Zioxei's alt?
Crews aren't that old of an addition, so for Zioxei to be chosen as a mod with this, relatively recent, and easily findable for everyone (well, not anymore lol) requires explanation imo.

Wooted by: (3)

#33 2016-04-13 22:28:52

nlmdejonge

Zoey2070 wrote:

me for the last 15 min:
http://i.imgur.com/rIG4tpf.png

Look what you did, your random choice transformed Zoey into a black dude.

Also,

NAj7EnH.gif

I have permanently left the game and forum.
EE is an entertaining game and I enjoyed playing it...
...but it's time for me to move on.

#34 2016-04-13 22:35:21, last edited by Pingohits (2016-04-13 22:35:58)

Pingohits
Banned

ZIOXEI IS NEW JAWAPA

791mAP8.png

#35 2016-04-13 22:36:19

Abelysk

People can change. I knew that zioxei would be the next victim of cyberbullying if this were to continue, so let's please calm down and understand the reasoning behind their action.

In some cases, destiny's fate will choose the moderator. This is beyond our control - face it.
Again, let zioxei be and allow the newbies to moderate willingly.

Wooted by: (3)

#36 2016-04-13 22:38:33, last edited by Guest. (2016-04-13 22:49:52)

Guest.

Anak wrote:

Seeming as that crew was deleted without explanation (unless one is yet to come)

Zioxei in the KKK crew

I think Thanksmom is Zioxei's alt?
Crews aren't that old of an addition, so for Zioxei to be chosen as a mod with this, relatively recent, and easily findable for everyone (well, not anymore lol) requires explanation imo.

Thanksmom and the crew creator are the same people.
They're even worse than people think Zioxei is.

#37 2016-04-13 22:46:34

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Kefka wrote:

People can change. I knew that zioxei would be the next victim of cyberbullying if this were to continue, so let's please calm down and understand the reasoning behind their action.

In some cases, destiny's fate will choose the moderator. This is beyond our control - face it.
Again, let zioxei be and allow the newbies to moderate willingly.

I think there is good reason to have concern. With a game with thousands of active players, the staff need to be very careful as to who they choose. I tried to avoid making any presumptions about why he was chosen or whether or not he would make a good moderator, but realistically, it is quite possible that zioxei may not be a good one. Some people here have actually made pretty strong cases as to why he may not be a good moderator. Sure, "people can change", but it may not be a good idea to add a questionable user as a moderator, even if their attitude does improve. The staff should be looking for people who are mature and responsible, not people who will become mature and responsible.

#38 2016-04-13 22:50:24, last edited by Abelysk (2016-04-13 22:51:45)

Abelysk

Ernesdo wrote:

(First of all, I agree with the post above.)

This needs to stop. Of course: more drama, everyone loves that, right? First, the contest. Now, new moderators. This is not okay. Users are turning against each other. One's rooting for a mod or the other can't let the contest go. People are unfriending each other over this. People are even QUITTING EE over this! The utopian goveners staff (forums and game) are even starting a saltfest of their own. We need to actually work together as a community to stop this. If we don't try to spread the message, nobody will. EE's community and game will die. So I ask you guys to spread the message, at least drop the drama?

We should have an unofficial public poll to get the idea on what the community wants; who needs to leave and who needs to stay. [ Vote here: http://strawpoll.me/7365135 ]

This sounds like straight-up flaming.

"at least stop the drama?"

Then stop making posts like these. =/

N1KF wrote:

I think there is good reason to have concern. With a game with thousands of active players, the staff need to be very careful as to who they choose. I tried to avoid making any presumptions about why he was chosen or whether or not he would make a good moderator, but realistically, it is quite possible that zioxei may not be a good one. Some people here have actually made pretty strong cases as to why he may not be a good moderator. Sure, "people can change", but it may not be a good idea to add a questionable user as a moderator, even if their attitude does improve. The staff should be looking for people who are mature and responsible, not people who will become mature and responsible.

True, but zioxei has the potential to tap into the consciousness of the rest of the young players in EE.

#39 2016-04-13 22:53:39

Anak

Kefka wrote:
N1KF wrote:

True, but zioxei has the potential to tap into the consciousness of the rest of the young players in EE.

Granted what I've heard and seen I don't think that'd be the best idea

#40 2016-04-13 22:56:28

Guest.

Kefka wrote:
Ernesdo wrote:

(First of all, I agree with the post above.)

This needs to stop. Of course: more drama, everyone loves that, right? First, the contest. Now, new moderators. This is not okay. Users are turning against each other. One's rooting for a mod or the other can't let the contest go. People are unfriending each other over this. People are even QUITTING EE over this! The utopian goveners staff (forums and game) are even starting a saltfest of their own. We need to actually work together as a community to stop this. If we don't try to spread the message, nobody will. EE's community and game will die. So I ask you guys to spread the message, at least drop the drama?

We should have an unofficial public poll to get the idea on what the community wants; who needs to leave and who needs to stay. [ Vote here: http://strawpoll.me/7365135 ]

This sounds like straight-up flaming.

I don't see how this is flaming, in fact, it's rebelling against the flaming.

#41 2016-04-13 22:58:17

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Ernesdo wrote:

Of course: more drama, everyone loves that, right? First, the contest. Now, new moderators. This is not okay. Users are turning against each other. One's rooting for a mod or the other can't let the contest go. People are unfriending each other over this. People are even QUITTING EE over this! The utopian goveners staff (forums and game) are even starting a saltfest of their own. We need to actually work together as a community to stop this. If we don't try to spread the message, nobody will. EE's community and game will die. So I ask you guys to spread the message, at least drop the drama?

I think you are overreacting. It is rational to be cautious when new staff members are added. You seem to be taking this more seriously than anybody else here. If people indeed are unfriending each other over this, then that is indeed extreme. However, nobody seems to be making personal insults here. I think people should have the freedom to say why they think zioxei would make a bad moderator, as long as insulting or harassment is not the main intent. I really doubt the community and game will die from this, and it has lived through plenty of drama before this.

Wooted by:

#42 2016-04-13 23:04:49

Guest.

N1KF wrote:
Ernesdo wrote:

Of course: more drama, everyone loves that, right? First, the contest. Now, new moderators. This is not okay. Users are turning against each other. One's rooting for a mod or the other can't let the contest go. People are unfriending each other over this. People are even QUITTING EE over this! The utopian goveners staff (forums and game) are even starting a saltfest of their own. We need to actually work together as a community to stop this. If we don't try to spread the message, nobody will. EE's community and game will die. So I ask you guys to spread the message, at least drop the drama?

I think you are overreacting. It is rational to be cautious when new staff members are added. You seem to be taking this more seriously than anybody else here. If people indeed are unfriending each other over this, then that is indeed extreme. However, nobody seems to be making personal insults here. I think people should have the freedom to say why they think zioxei would make a bad moderator, as long as insulting or harassment is not the main intent. I really doubt the community and game will die from this, and it has lived through plenty of drama before this.

But that's exactly what's happening. Unfriending, harassing, etc.

#43 2016-04-13 23:15:20, last edited by Bobithan (2016-04-13 23:15:40)

Bobithan

Ernesdo wrote:

But that's exactly what's happening. Unfriending, harassing, etc.

...what? This is just run of the mill mild ee drama. There's not like an all out war or anything.

aka towwl

Wooted by: (5)

#44 2016-04-13 23:19:03

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

nlmdejonge wrote:

Look what you did, your random choice transformed Zoey into a black dude.

this made me laugh so hard i felt sick again
so
thanks

but yeah idk
despite the fact that i'm not too confident on the choice of zioxei idk
give him a chance i guess. what's the worst that could happen? don't answer that it's rhetorical

but ye
i trust the staff's judgement.

that pained me to say
but it's tru

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#45 2016-04-13 23:25:37

Guest.

Just for fun, let's have an unofficial public poll to get the idea on what the community wants; who needs to leave and who needs to stay. http://strawpoll.me/7365135

Just note that the choice is completely for the staff to make.

#46 2016-04-13 23:27:54

Slushie

literally what

can we stop making teenagers mods?

ok

#47 2016-04-13 23:30:59

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Slushie wrote:

can we stop making teenagers mods?

Who else plays this game?

#48 2016-04-13 23:38:23, last edited by Zoey2070 (2016-04-14 00:37:10)

kubapolish
Banned
Website

ps:
h7RXEy0.png

#49 2016-04-13 23:55:02

nlmdejonge

All this reminds me of something I wrote about campaigns:

nlmdejonge wrote:

One of the reasons this all happens is because there is basically no dialog between the staff and the players when it comes to campaigns. I get that they want to surprise us with a new campaign, but it would've been a lot more pleasant if they would have talked with us about their plans. It would not have been difficult for them to ask us suggestions for an illusions campaign. We could've shared levels, given feedback on levels listed, talked about which tiers the levels could be in, and so on.

Maybe the staff wants to surprise us with the new moderators.
The community was not used as a sounding board.
We could not give feedback on a larger list of potential candidates.
There was no discussion.

Yet we are the ones playing the campaigns.
And we're dealing with the moderators; we are the ones that recently brought up and discussed moderation issues.

Some interaction with the community could also establish a better source of legitimacy.
If there's some discussion and we can establish a reasonable consensus, certain moderators might have a more pleasant start.
This is not the first time a moderator had a rocky start.

I do believe that our voices are being heard.
It's just that, maybe certain things could use multiple steps.
The thread where Nou asks for feedback on new world sizes, for example, is commendable.

I have permanently left the game and forum.
EE is an entertaining game and I enjoyed playing it...
...but it's time for me to move on.

#50 2016-04-13 23:59:39, last edited by mrjawapa (2016-04-14 00:20:58)

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Good to know you do listen to the community. Thank you for addressing the issue.

I don't know zioxei, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

All I have to say to Benje00 is: lol

Good luck guys.

Discord: jawp#5123

AmdS1460770042596240

Board footer