Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-02-01 03:49:09

hummerz5

GEM CONTEST AGAIN [planning]

hi so ya i like gem contests and facilitating things. so I have some questions. Assuming there was another gem contest...

1. Would people be willing to supply puzzles? (people == you, if you choose to answer)

2. Would people be willing to supply gem prizes? (I can supply 50 gems again, but that's not as awesome as... say... 51)

3. Assuming enough responses to 1 are positive, would it make more sense to measure the winner based on how many puzzles are completed in a certain time period?

no, there will be no prerequisite survey.

oh, and do debate. need less gem contests? hate how hard INSANELY AWESOME my last puzzles were?need less world peace?

Wooted by:

#2 2016-02-01 05:28:22

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Re: GEM CONTEST AGAIN [planning]

shoved very gently to game discussion

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#3 2016-02-01 06:09:50

STD
Formerly BenWanted

> wants to host a gem contest
> asks for gem donations
> literal communist ****
> mfw

random-pictures-316.jpg

Wooted by:

#4 2016-02-01 07:57:39, last edited by WMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWM (2016-02-01 08:02:35)

WMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWM

You ask for ideas of a puzzle and ask for 50 gems. Or someone else can do the contest by them self and not have to trust someone like you

WM malfuntion VgPb7gb.png

#5 2016-02-01 13:51:43

Xfrogman43

WMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWM wrote:

ask for 50 gems.

Benwanted wrote:

> asks for gem donations

Maybe you should read his post again:

hummerz5 wrote:

(I can supply 50 gems again

You ask for ideas of a puzzle

This is probably so he can get an idea of what you people are capable of creating and doing, also everybody's puzzles are different and have varying difficulties.
Also, maybe not for you people, puzzles for a contest like this can be challenging to come up with and be original

I liked your last gem contest so why not?
I hope people make puzzles so we can see what the community likes and whatnot.

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

Wooted by:

#6 2016-02-01 23:19:25

hummerz5

Zoey2070 wrote:

shoved very gently to game discussion

thanks. I was worried this was too meta or something. the gentle shove +1

Benwanted wrote:

> wants to host a gem contest
> asks for gem donations
> literal communist {removed for kicks}
> mfw

(aside: quoting your post swaps noob for a less-desirable word. Is that a modedit bug or someone tweaking the db?)
I ask for gems simply in the idea of enticing others to play. If we created a system with a large workload (too many puzzles to enjoy) then 50 gems might not be an inviting payout. Plus, adding prizes increases the number of winners.
If no one wants to, I am capable of pitching in 50 gems. But that's not as awesome as 100. With multiple codes, splitting gems between coops is easy.

You ask for ideas of a puzzle and ask for 50 gems. Or someone else can do the contest by them self and not have to trust someone like you

No, I said I could provide 50 gems. I'm saddened you do not trust me. You're right, they could use their gems for their own hunt. Or, we could pool the prizes (attracting more users?) and pool the puzzles.

Increasing the number of puzzles and changing the format of the game brings a few different aspects into play
Scoring by sheer number allows for a different winning dynamic: instead of being able to think like the single contest creator to win in a straight line, you have the option to think like the community members you most jive with and you can skip around segments confusing to you. (At least, in one interpretation.) In other words, with my last system, if you were lost, you were done. But the community would provide more diverse clues, allowing you instead to win the gems by simply trying hard at different puzzles. Maybe it's best explained as besting someone's innate talent at puzzles with your determination to win the gems.

Also, I'd like to keep some form of my previous segmentation idea at play here, so that users can't just make a list of the working passwords. But, the exact rules, system, or fair-play mechanisms would best be discussed by those willing to help with the project. Perhaps we go back to a really long hunt instead? That remains to be seen. With 50 gems on the table, granted it isn't a ton, perhaps there's some creative folk who haven't felt moved to devise a hunt but would have an idea.

and yes, I'll probably run out of ideas.

tl;dr: I want puzzle ideas because then we have a bigger event. This bigger event may level the playing field for users. I like that idea. More gems would make the setup more enticing for more users. More minds at work would prevent me from making rules like "you must take this survey first" (ha)

#7 2016-02-02 00:25:16, last edited by Slabdrill (2016-02-02 00:26:02)

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

i can make puzzles

...but not gems, i don't have enough of those

suddenly random sig change

Wooted by:

#8 2016-02-02 00:30:26

RainbowBaconIsNoice
Banned

jigsaw puzzles, easy math questions and a summary of what a potato is. easy.

I have no Valentine. Shattered Past.

RainbowBaconIsNoice1454369426579668

Board footer