Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2015-09-13 05:26:57

The Party Animal
Formerly TPA2

Re: Negativity Prevention Thread

ipwner my dad doesn't love me since we are mexicans its tough love so its kinda hard for me to do something without me picking a fight with my dad

Wooted by: (2)

#27 2015-09-13 06:13:26, last edited by STD (2015-09-13 06:13:37)

STD
Formerly BenWanted

I was diagnosed with stage 3 testicular cancer. It's spread through my body (due to waiting too long to get it checked out)
I'll survive tho

random-pictures-316.jpg

#28 2015-09-13 13:38:23, last edited by Minimania (2015-09-13 13:45:15)

Minimania
Moderation Team

AmdS wrote:

I feel sad because I need a relationship. I feel alone for this rason. I need a personagem to kiss, to love. I NEVER had any relationship in my life, and I feel a bit sad for being "alone"... I'm a bit sensitive for everything, and I know why.

That's all

I think I can help

*kisses you*

Does that make you feel better>

Benwanted wrote:

I was diagnosed with stage 3 testicular cancer. It's spread through my body (due to waiting too long to get it checked out)
I'll survive tho

I told you to go have it checked out mang

I wish you the best of luck with that

TPA2 wrote:

i have a confession i cut myself i already have 3 cuts its from depression cause my uncle died and my cousin died because of cancer and then my 2 other cousins went to jail

I'll give you the same reply I did Zoey

An entire sea of water can't sink a ship unless it gets inside the ship. Similarly, the negativity of the world can't put you down unless you allow it to get inside of you.

Meaning, don't let it get to you. I'm sorry for your loss.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#29 2015-09-19 05:46:39

AmdS
Website

Ohhhh you gave me a kisss <3

Marry me

#30 2015-09-19 10:59:27

skullz17

no you can't marry your therapist

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by: (3)

#31 2015-09-19 14:38:35, last edited by shadowda (2015-09-19 19:10:14)

shadowda

Hidden text

on a side note: not having to do with what is above. this happens to be the 32nd post. my favorite number. who would have thought.

color = #1E1E1E       

latest?cb=20150604065609

#32 2015-09-19 19:14:04

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

AmdS wrote:

I feel sad because I need a relationship. I feel alone for this rason. I need a personagem to kiss, to love. I NEVER had any relationship in my life, and I feel a bit sad for being "alone"... I'm a bit sensitive for everything, and I know why.

That's all

By the way you act when stressed, i think you will have to wait for a lot of time, for that to happen.

#33 2015-09-20 15:28:40

Insanity

Or you can chill with me and we can drink our troubles away

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

#34 2015-09-20 16:21:49

Anch

Insanity wrote:

Or you can chill with me and we can drink our troubles away

I don't think that's how it works.

Also why is ping wooting all of these posts such as the first post on this page.

#35 2015-09-20 17:46:45, last edited by Insanity (2015-09-20 17:59:34)

Insanity

TPA2 wrote:

i have a confession i cut myself i already have 3 cuts its from depression cause my uncle died and my cousin died because of cancer and then my 2 other cousins went to jail

I can't pretend to understand how that must feel because I haven't had hardships like that in my life. But what I do know for a fact is that trying to forget and end your own life doesn't help. The only choice you truly have is to keep moving forward, but know that you're not alone.

I'm sorry you have lost so many of your family members, but for the sake of the rest of your family, you have to be stronger than you were before. And at the end of it all, live your life for yourself, not for anybody else. Strive to move forward not because it's expected of you, but because you want to because that's the only way you'll overcome this.

A really close friend of mine tried to commit suicide a few years back because he was bullied a lot in school for being overweight, for being unattractive. Today, this is the same guy I look for advice to when I hit the gym, because he looks aesthetic as hell, he scores more girls in a month than I could in a year. His experience, even though it made him hit rock bottom, only improved him, his character, and his view on life from there on because he realized that this is something that he can change from within.

Granted, being bullied and losing family are miles apart, he felt the same sort of depression you did and he was able to overcome it by understanding that it's all up to him. It only affects you if you allow it to affect you. What I suggest is getting a good outlet for your depression. Personally, going to the gym and exercising does wonders because not only do you feel better about yourself, you feel like you are making a difference in your own life, and that's really what matters the most.

Zoey2070 wrote:

iight can you attempt to prevent my negativity?
i dropped out of college after less than a week and have no idea what to do with my life. i want to move out because i hate who i live with, but i need a job. to get a job i need a license, but to get a license i need both a car and to learn how to drive. it feels okay to be unproductive during the summer, but now that everyone's back in school again, i feel like i'm stagnating in life, and all i've done in the week that i've been home is stay in my room and play ee and it makes me feel really lazy. i'm really bad at choosing things for myself (which is why i had to drop out) so if you have any advice, feel free to go on ahead and advise me.

You need to figure out what you want to do in life. Your problem isn't that you dropped out of college, or that you think you're lazy. It's that you don't have a clear goal. Find our what that is, and go back to school. It doesn't matter that you dropped out. If you have a goal set, you will be hellbent on achieving it if you care about it.

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

Wooted by:

#36 2015-09-20 18:53:40

Pingohits
Banned

anch159 wrote:

Also why is ping wooting all of these posts such as the first post on this page.

im not

i wooted 3 posts in this topic

791mAP8.png

#37 2015-09-20 20:35:53

Michele
Formerly AntonioS300

Um, it seems like one of my friend wants EE to be popular

Idler.jpg
XOsS4ha.gif

#38 2015-09-20 20:37:03

AmdS
Website

AntonioS300 wrote:

Um, it seems like one of my friend wants EE to be popular

And what this is about this thread ?

#39 2015-09-20 22:56:58, last edited by hummerz5 (2015-09-20 22:57:06)

hummerz5

minimania wrote:

An entire sea of water can't sink a ship unless it gets inside the ship. Similarly, the negativity of the world can't put you down unless you allow it to get inside of you.

And then, after that first crack in the hull and the water comes pouring forth, you have no chance of fixing the ship; it simply will sink.

Wooted by:

#40 2015-09-20 23:53:40

Pingohits
Banned

hummerz5 wrote:
minimania wrote:

And then, after that first crack in the hull and the water comes pouring forth, you have no chance of fixing the ship; it simply will sink.

unless you're the RP FLIP, where sinking yourself can only move yourself forward

791mAP8.png

#41 2015-09-21 12:39:53

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Zoey2070 wrote:

iight can you attempt to prevent my negativity?
i dropped out of college after less than a week and have no idea what to do with my life. i want to move out because i hate who i live with, but i need a job. to get a job i need a license, but to get a license i need both a car and to learn how to drive. it feels okay to be unproductive during the summer, but now that everyone's back in school again, i feel like i'm stagnating in life, and all i've done in the week that i've been home is stay in my room and play ee and it makes me feel really lazy. i'm really bad at choosing things for myself (which is why i had to drop out) so if you have any advice, feel free to go on ahead and advise me.

Other people beat me to the punch, but you really probably should set some goals. Like short term all the way to long term. In 2 weeks I would like to have a job. In 6 weeks I'll have an apartment. Whatever, the numbers don't matter. Are there any jobs within walking distance? Most of the people I know don't have cars and have to walk to their jobs. But honestly, you'll probably need a car/license eventually so you might just want to bite the bullet and find someone to teach you.

Would you consider going to community college, if there are any near you? So many people go there just for a couple years until they figure out what they want to do. My mom went to two different ones before figuring stuff out.

As for the short term, find a hobby or something. Learn an instrument. Draw or paint or something. This summer I got into print making because I was feeling unproductive. Hell, you can even get into a really good show! *Community*.

I also might consider just limiting your time on the computer, (unless you're watching community of course).... to be blunt I've found that I'm more depressed and feel worse the more time I spend on it. Idk, maybe just like set an hour or two that you'll play EE and then the rest of the day make yourself do anything else.

#42 2015-10-02 23:21:00

CREASTEDFACE
Website

eh negativity is everywhere humans are greedy selfish creatures. schools talk about wrold peace but that is just not possible. i am no bully but i defend myself with harsh language and generally ignore the poop talkers and move on.

"Parcour is chicken" - Creastedface        ..... and no im not Crashedface for those people who just.... period.

Wooted by:

#43 2015-10-03 01:51:38

Pyromaniac wrote:

I also might consider just limiting your time on the computer, (unless you're watching community of course).... to be blunt I've found that I'm more depressed and feel worse the more time I spend on it. Idk, maybe just like set an hour or two that you'll play EE and then the rest of the day make yourself do anything else.

Pretty true. Even if I have a really good day it just takes me 30 minutes of browsing the internet and I'm already feeling like a bum.

Anyway, I've just signed up my university entrance exams (is that how you say it?) in two federal universities around here. Went for Architecture and Graphical Design..
The only thing I know is that if I pass the exams, next year is gonna be a weird ride, living with a few random students far from home, actually having to study and all. I'll probably get dissapointed with my life choices and live out of ramen and fast food. Who cares, it might be fun, and at the very least, something different from just sitting here in my comfort zone whining about having nothing to do.

@CREASTEDFACE Some golden Jaden Smith-quality advice right there

#44 2015-10-04 07:12:50

Minimania
Moderation Team

i'm getting through another breakup as of three hours ago

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#45 2017-03-07 01:35:26, last edited by N1KF (2017-03-07 01:39:12)

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Bumpu because I think this topic needs one.

I like to think I am a positive person. As in, I try to look at the best in others and not assume the worst. However, there are times when I can't live up to this ideal. When I am in public, I feel very anxious and just want to stay away from people unnoticed. Because of this, I have never had any real life friends, and I barely have anything you could call social experience. Even within my house, I feel most comfortable when I'm in my room with nobody around. Attention makes me nervous, though I've mostly gotten used to it in this community. I think this comes from trust issues I've had ever since certain things happened on the Internet. Perhaps people will think the worst of me, or be disappointed in me.

I like to strive toward my ideals. However, I procrastinate a lot. If today I am not taking large steps to became (closer to) the person I want to be, who is to say I will take a large step tomorrow? Or the day after that? It feels like every day I am failing myself and the people around me. I only live once, and every day I live, that is a day gone forever.

I feel like I could inspire people, and I try to, by making wordy posts on an Internet forum. I want to encourage people to become nicer and happier people. Yet, despite that, I'm met with mockery, flaming, etc. so evidently it's not working for everybody. Or many people, considering the state of the community has yet to change much. It's filled with negativity, sarcasm, drama, and other such things that can feel out of control when I look at things realistically. If I die right now, will my time spent here really have been worth it? Is there anything I can do to please this community at this point other than leaving and not coming back?

I feel like my life would be more enjoyable if I could stop being so insecure about myself. What do you think?

Everybody Edits is Fred

#46 2017-03-07 03:21:02

Freckleface

N1KF wrote:

I feel like I could inspire people, and I try to, by making wordy posts on an Internet forum. I want to encourage people to become nicer and happier people. Yet, despite that, I'm met with mockery, flaming, etc. so evidently it's not working for everybody. Or many people, considering the state of the community has yet to change much. It's filled with negativity, sarcasm, drama, and other such things that can feel out of control when I look at things realistically. If I die right now, will my time spent here really have been worth it? Is there anything I can do to please this community at this point other than leaving and not coming back?

What no, the only reason people mock you because of your answers is because they lost their argument. There's nothing wrong with your posts, its the people who you are replying to. I would much rather prefer a community filled with N1KFs rather than raging children.

F

Wooted by: (3)

#47 2017-03-07 06:42:47

Abelysk

N1KF wrote:

Bumpu because I think this topic needs one.

I like to think I am a positive person. As in, I try to look at the best in others and not assume the worst. However, there are times when I can't live up to this ideal. When I am in public, I feel very anxious and just want to stay away from people unnoticed. Because of this, I have never had any real life friends, and I barely have anything you could call social experience. Even within my house, I feel most comfortable when I'm in my room with nobody around. Attention makes me nervous, though I've mostly gotten used to it in this community. I think this comes from trust issues I've had ever since certain things happened on the Internet. Perhaps people will think the worst of me, or be disappointed in me.

I like to strive toward my ideals. However, I procrastinate a lot. If today I am not taking large steps to became (closer to) the person I want to be, who is to say I will take a large step tomorrow? Or the day after that? It feels like every day I am failing myself and the people around me. I only live once, and every day I live, that is a day gone forever.

I feel like my life would be more enjoyable if I could stop being so insecure about myself. What do you think?

Things get better with age. As you get older try engaging in more social concepts. When I was in middle school and early high school I had trouble making friends. I was bullied constantly in middle school for no reason at all (partly attributed to my behavior, but people took it too far). Junior and senior year was when things began picking up pace. And now being in college, all of that school drama is gone and instead everything is focused towards education. I used to hate lunch breaks at school because I was anxious that I wouldn't have anyone to talk to. In middle school I had no phone and would sit alone awkwardly staring into the sky. Once I got my phone junior year I began to pick up my pace and lifestyle, and seldom did I feel as awkward as I did. I was just naturally an introvert, and couldn't bring myself to talk to anyone.

Like you my life was my internet persona. In all the games I played I had a life. My real-world life was a sham, however. I hated absolutely everything and loved games, because nobody saw your true identity. Gaming (MMOs) are a way to express your true self without involving dumb physical antics that your body commits.

As years progressed my image improved somewhat, and I started taking care of myself. If you talk to someone you don't relate to, keep the chat small, simple, straightforward, direct, and just... stop it after you feel like you're done talking. That's it. Small, indirect talk about random stuff.

I also strived to improve my sociality and I think I did. I'm like your average Joe to most people, but before I was weird. I blame video games for killing my physical life though. Eh. Idk.

In your case just be patient. Idk if you're like me but obstacles automatically clear themselves for me. I feel like I'll never plunge into desparation and that my subconscious mind is leading me towards the path it finds right.

Anyway, yeah. I don't know half the things I typed out because my phone is dying and I'm bored, but there you go.

#48 2017-03-07 07:17:29

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Kefka wrote:

In your case just be patient. Idk if you're like me but obstacles automatically clear themselves for me. I feel like I'll never plunge into desparation and that my subconscious mind is leading me towards the path it finds right.

It's probably true that I could wait it out and ignore it for now. However, by doing so, I feel like I'm missing out on something important. No other human in my life knows me personally, which just gives me a lonely feeling. Perhaps I'm wearing nostalgia goggles, but I feel like life was more enjoyable when my sibling(s) and I would just casually talk with each other. That doesn't happen much anymore, especially with recent changes making it more difficult. Sometimes I try to fill the gap of loneliness with fiction, spirituality, and the Internet. While those are important in other areas of my life, they don't fill that gap.

It would be nice to look back on my current life without huge regrets. Life is great, and I want to enjoy it and live it to the fullest extent I can. The more I can enjoy it, the more positive I will be. The more positive I am, the more of that feeling I can spread to other people. People don't see joy from me, however. My family has seen the change from a happy and fun N1KF to a dull and anxious N1KF. This gap from how I naturally express myself to how I feel is very large. I just can't find the confidence to bridge that gap, and haven't been able to for such a long time now. The gap is so wide now that most of my issues stem from my failure to communicate how I feel.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#49 2017-03-08 18:03:16

skullz17

Join a club or a sports team or something.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#50 2017-03-08 22:52:26

Hostage
Banned
Website

oh god don't revive this thread i have really bad posts in here

35fa6ee9efa7e42687d426ffeba72dbdb9a95cbfb7d221d698ca2146feebab7c.jpg

N1KF1510637182683356

Board footer