Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#76 Before February 2015

SmittyW

Re: Designated Update Discussion Thread

This is irony: "biggest update, biggest massacre." //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#77 Before February 2015

Wildirishman

I'm going to quit because you guys are being picky.

#78 Before February 2015

Pike270

Compare to the images in my sig:

eeartchanges.png

#79 Before February 2015

Bobithan

aka towwl

#80 Before February 2015

Nighter

I got a question, None of us can boss fast like we used to.. Like, How come there is no erase brick on the thing when you click more anymore? And why the heck is it even LIKE that? I was hoping Chris would make something like a scroll down bar instead of a horrible thing. I have to spend like.. 2 mins just to find the right brick. Like the background is alright and all but still, ITS HORRIBLE. The dots still look the same and has anyone ever noticed..
You know what else is a bug? Well before this STUPID update.. I could just auto brick on my saved worlds with one click holding it down, Now I just have to click alot of more times just to erase ONE brick. I mean really, What the @#%@##$^ is the matter with this update Chris made.
Even the dots are messed up for me.   There not as powerful as they were before.. Make it back to how it was before. Idc if this was a whole re-write of the whole physics, Just erase those and RE-WRIGHT IT AGAIN. Cause its that or Ex Crew Leaves EE and so does millions of other crews. This game is so what called a ruined game now.. What will the next update go on about.. Let me guess, Physics are fixed to how they were before probaly and then more screwed up stuff for us. Lets see.. We get used to this update make new levels, next update.. Screwed them up again. And most of my levels did get ruined.. So did many others..
Even EX crew is leaving. Could you believe that? Thats how screwed up this update is.
ITS JUST SO SCREWED UP! I'm really mad right now and so could alot of you other people also. I mean I've seen a BABY make a better update then this. I've seen a 5 min old baby make a better game then this. And I have seen a baby still inside his mom's stomach make better art/bricks/everything then this.
Thats how screwed up this update really is. Does Chris or Peter NOT see how un-happy we are? We should just start a riot on Chris at the blog. Since he can't keep up with the forums, then we should make him not keep up with the blog either. Since its his problem about this screwed up thing we have now.
Bosses can't boss anymore either. Cause we can't select a brick with a number anymore. Well we can but we can't do that with the erase block tho. Bosses are just gonna die out since its boring now.. Pro Mini-games are gonna die out to..   Leaving EE back to its realligual state. [Sorry if I didn't spell that word right. Idk how to spell it.]
The dots look the same way before when this game was in its early state to. The arrows look like they have less power or that might just be me.
Even EE lags alot more for me with this stupid update. It lags alot more then it used to. Just cause of this update. Thats why I am starting to hate EE now..
This place is just a diaster now.. I can't stand to even look at someone's art now.. The awsome art looks horrible now.. Its just this game is a really noobish game now. ITS REALLYYYY NOOBISHHH.
And that thing where Chris said this was the biggest update of EE it self? Well, It looks more like the biggest diaster to me. And all those words.. Especialy new physics. It sounds all horrible....
Well, Thats all I have to say and what I think about Chris's biggest ****.

Last edited by Nighter (Jul 29 2011 2:00:24 pm)

#81 Before February 2015

Bobithan

I hate to say it, but epicstonemason was right.
Who knew?

aka towwl

#82 Before February 2015

treejoe4

i was thinking that

#83 Before February 2015

Jojatekok

RPGMaster2000 wrote:

I have some confirmed progress going on, nagging is awesome.

- Key color will be reinstated in next update.
- Crown color will be reinstated
- The beta bricks being the same color as the regular ones is a result of the new minimap system. I did try to convince him to change it, but he felt that they were wrongly colored from the start. However, this is something I can correct myself by making the mineral artist pack emulate the old beta brick colors to make up for the loss.
- Fully black bricks have a fairly high possibility of being fixed, we'll have to wait and see with this one.
- Secret passages having shadows are a confirmed bug, this will be fixed as well.

On a sidenote: Chris discovered multiple bugs in the physics that he did not anticipate that he told me that he'll be working on very soon. We'll just see how much that can fix.

Nice news, agent R.P.G.! I like the new update, except that I can't upload maps with Animator (at the moment)...
When will the next update come out? I hope that we won't have to wait 21 days again... VNrAE.png

#84 Before February 2015

jakery

What baffles me is that these radical changes were all lumped into one large release instead of staggered updates. The graphics, physics, and block interface changes were just so much to release at once, especially knowing that builders expect the game's look and mechanics to not affect their design later.

In the future, if /any/ changes to the physics engine are coming:

1) Let the community know well in advance.
2) Start with the change in beta only. After all, the whole point of a beta release is testing, right? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink
3) Let beta room creators toggle between the old and new physics engines. We can check for differences in gameplay and give constructive feedback. (or, at the very least, give us time to prepare for the change)

Understand that EE is not just a game; it is a platform for realtime game design. It took Microsoft over a decade to learn to stop abruptly changing their development software. It was **** people off.  

I believe if you involve the level builders in your update process, you will get valuable input for your devlopment build, and create some goodwill among the most devoted members of your user base.

#85 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

I recently handed a big list of improvements to Chris filled with bugs and problems found by users. His changelog indicates that he's taking pretty much all of them in to account, so it would seem that things will slowly be going back to normal.

Jakery, I completely agree that he picked the wrong strategy to implement this update. This is one of the few times that a separation between beta and the regular client would have been really beneficial to everyone.

#86 Before February 2015

Sk8erboi108

RPGMaster2000 wrote:

so it would seem that things will slowly be going back to normal.

So are you saying that the Physics are going back to normal? *excited*

#87 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

Sk8erboi108 wrote:
RPGMaster2000 wrote:

so it would seem that things will slowly be going back to normal.

So are you saying that the Physics are going back to normal? *excited*

Well, they will of course not be exactly as before, but if you click the link on my signature, you can tell that Chris will be bringing back many elements that shouldn't have been changed. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#88 Before February 2015

Sk8erboi108

oh ok. awesome!

#89 Before February 2015

Koto

...so... RPG: should we wait, then, to change any art or minis that no longer look right or even work?

#90 Before February 2015

treejoe4

Art doesnt need changing if it has beta bricks in, mineral pack will replace the beta brick colours.

#91 Before February 2015

Koto

treejoe4 wrote:

Art doesnt need changing if it has beta bricks in, mineral pack will replace the beta brick colours.

You are forgetting gates and keydoors that were used in art.   Those can never be replaced.

#92 Before February 2015

Ruiner

Can you confirm whether or not Chris is aware of the snap-to-grid feature making you fall off blocks and if he plans to fix it? That's all I really care about.

#93 Before February 2015

DK Levels

Ruiner wrote:

Can you confirm whether or not Chris is aware of the snap-to-grid feature making you fall off blocks and if he plans to fix it? That's all I really care about.

He's aware, and its staying but physics will be modified...

#94 Before February 2015

EE_Scythe

DK Levels wrote:
Ruiner wrote:

He's aware, and its staying but physics will be modified...

He also said he would probably loosen them up a bit, so they won't be so noticable

#95 Before February 2015

Kuech

Well, now I am starting to dislike EE... the "Snap-Grid" thing is ok for the one block minis, but when it comes to the high jump mini, when you are on the edge of the mini and there is no other blocks to stop you from going over the edge, then it sucks. But I especially hate how the gravity and dots work now, because it takes longer to move from one place to another. An example of this is a level where there is a dot trail and you have to wait until you stop to move in another direction, also, for the arrows, the one block minis where you place yourself where the arrow takes you elsewhere is horrible. You basically have to wait until you automatically get snapped to the grid in order to move.

Because of these things, I really do not want to play minis anymore. Before the update they were fun, but now.... *shivers*

#96 Before February 2015

Well, UPDATE!
- Dots are smaller, and you can do dot tight-fits now
- If you select the brick bar, the minimap changes position
- Arrow hooks are possible now
- Two arrows and dot pits are harder to fall from now
- My map is 37378321783217% easier //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#97 Before February 2015

Kuech

The new update today has made me play EE a lot more now! (I wasn't on much today //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue) but now, I have been on since I saw the update! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#98 Before February 2015

Glitcherkid

Invisible blocks are invisible to the owner also until he/ she goes into god mode. (but I think the invisible block graphics are mixed up.)

Anything else?

PaNFnqB.png

#99 Before February 2015

Rurigok

Use this thread to discuss the recent update "fixing" some issues with the earlier update.

#100 Before February 2015

Glitcherkid wrote:

Invisible blocks are invisible to the owner also until he/ she goes into god mode. (but I think the invisible block graphics are mixed up.)

Anything else?

Coins have the same "color" as the old secret blocks now... 2YTqz.png

jakery 142387766483768

Board footer