Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2015-08-23 21:12:54

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

Re: how many of you have payed money for ee

I paid $0.01 for chat and only for that, when it worked as a donation more than a purchase

#27 2015-08-23 23:49:15

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

i've spent less than five dollars on this game.

$1.29 or something on beta-before-beta-existed, had someone pay a cent for my chat, paid for someone else's $3 chat (because i held a contest and the price changed a day before it ended). that's it. i got all the classic stuff with energy.

to each their own imo. you wanna support it monetarily? great, but i'm poor and can't justify that.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#28 2015-08-23 23:59:42

Krosis
Formerly Arkonagames
Website

I have never spend 1¢ on this game, but if i could, i would spend around 20U$

Krosis.gif

#29 2015-08-24 01:09:08

Falk

One cent chat, and 250 gems via mobile.

I have no idea what the prices were, mobile option is disabled.

#30 2015-08-24 01:20:17, last edited by Badoosh (2015-08-24 01:20:49)

Badoosh
EE Homeboy
Website

23 dollars for beta and chat. The rest I skimmed off of super rewards and now have quarantined programs in my computer. Was it worth it...? Yes.

Wooted by: (2)

#31 2015-08-24 01:54:20

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Zoey2070 wrote:

but i'm poor and can't justify that.

Badoosh wrote:

I skimmed off of super rewards

Pretty much my story. By the time I got a job I was a mod... so... not a lot I could do there.  If the game ever needed money, I would fork out some cash... depending on the condition of the game.

I've donated $4 (?) to the forums if that counts.

Discord: jawp#5123

#32 2015-08-24 05:14:23

Different55
Forum Admin

JaWapa wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:

but i'm poor and can't justify that.

Badoosh wrote:

I skimmed off of super rewards

Pretty much my story. By the time I got a job I was a mod... so... not a lot I could do there.  If the game ever needed money, I would fork out some cash... depending on the condition of the game.

I've donated $4 (?) to the forums if that counts.

idk I'd count it but that's just me.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#33 2015-08-24 10:27:10

Formerly alkazam1448
Website

Arkonagames wrote:
alkazam1448 wrote:

Basically what nlmdejonge wrote is inaccurate.

So... What is a gem? blah blah blah

There are thing you our lifes that makes you happy, playing everybody edits is one for most of us, if spent money in what you like will increase our happyness by playing this game, is a good bet, most of people will not spent many money to get things like big spender and diamond, because it is useless, talking about the blocks, beta acess, builders club, it is something that will give more game value.
YOUR argument is inaccurate.

I mean to say that paying money for online flash games... flash game... is insensible (and that is the word I was looking for when I looked for a word to describe that statement, not inaccurate.)

You could pay money for something better than just a stupid flash game. If you had saved up enough you could have bought a new iPad with the money you spent to EE (I'm talking to the people who wasted so much money in buying a big spender and all the classic items and a diamond, because there ar such idiots).

#34 2015-08-24 11:10:04

nlmdejonge

alkazam1448 wrote:

I mean to say that paying money for online flash games... flash game... is insensible

I see you're still pointing to the game's use of Flash when there's a discussion about paying for EE stuff.
You did this in the past and I replied to you, but let me try again.

Flash is just a software framework, like .NET and Java.

Years ago, I bought the Flash game Machinarium and it's not bad. Its PC version has a 84.68% GameRankings score, a 85/100 Metacritic critics score, a 8.7/10 Metacritic user score, a 96% "Overwhelmingly Positive" user score on Steam, it won various awards (Aggie, IndieCade, IGF) and was Kotaku's runner-up for best PC game of the year.

Saying a game isn't worth money because it uses Flash as its engine is not actually an argument. It's just a statement. The statement is an assertion. An argument on the other hand explains the assertion by way of logical evidence. If you say "paying money for online flash games is insensible", it needs a "because..." where you explain why, in your opinion, it's incomprehensible/illogical/unreasonable/whatever.

Let me explain it in another way. If you say paying money for online flash games does not make sense. I can say it does. Then you say it doesn't. Does. Doesn't. Does. Doesn't. This is how toddlers argue.

We cannot have a proper discussion if you don't use arguments. If, for example, you would say that you personally won't pay money for EE because its use of Flash means it doesn't work on Android or iOS, then you added an argument. Or that its use of Flash means it has bad performance. Or that its use of Flash means it might be insecure. Those are all arguments.

Maybe if you start to think about arguments, you'll find out that the real problem you have with Flash is its association with the many crappy Flash games out there. Is EE one of such games? No, like Machinarium, EE is an exception. Yes, usage of Flash has declined. Yes, HTML5 might be a usable alternative. But, no, it's not enough to keep saying it's a Flash game. A Flash game. It's a Flash game. We got it, it's a Flash game. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

I have permanently left the game and forum.
EE is an entertaining game and I enjoyed playing it...
...but it's time for me to move on.

#35 2015-08-24 11:35:38

logothetis
Website

I haven't buy something yet but I want beta and gems

everybody_edits_sword_fight_by_echokai-d5qr01m.gif
Credits To Echo

#36 2015-08-24 14:58:49, last edited by 0176 (2015-08-24 14:59:02)

alkazam1448 wrote:
Arkonagames wrote:
alkazam1448 wrote:

There are thing you our lifes that makes you happy, playing everybody edits is one for most of us, if spent money in what you like will increase our happyness by playing this game, is a good bet, most of people will not spent many money to get things like big spender and diamond, because it is useless, talking about the blocks, beta acess, builders club, it is something that will give more game value.

I mean to say that paying money for online flash games... flash game... is insensible

Flash only? Hmm from some points of view, all money you spend on any games is a "waste", no matter if it's a 60$ 4K graphical beauty that only runs on last-gen PCs or a simple browser game. You'd be still putting money on pixels either way.
What really matters imo is if the fun you have with it makes it worth the cash. (that's also why I pirate most single-player games unless it's MGS, but that's something else)

That being said, I don't think it's worth it for me to spend money on EE. I also don't see the reason why people would pay hundreds of dollars for Big Spender, but it's their money. Not yours.

#37 2015-08-24 15:53:52

Formerly alkazam1448
Website

I don't mean that. Flash isn't too bad but Flash is easy and not so powerful.

EE is a kids game, and is run by mostly non adults. So this makes it stupid. If benjaminsen was running it I'd still pay because he is a more advanced coder, and at least makes games with complex stuff.

I say paying money for EE would be like paying money for Club Penguin (eww that's disgusting...)

#38 2015-08-24 16:20:26

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Just want to add something kind-of-on-topic here...

Benjaminsen said in a video once that he couldn't believe that so many people spent $50 on a 16x16 smiley face.  Even he was shocked that people spent money on an online game.

#39 2015-08-24 16:39:46

Formerly alkazam1448
Website

JaWapa wrote:

Just want to add something kind-of-on-topic here...

Benjaminsen said in a video once that he couldn't believe that so many people spent $50 on a 16x16 smiley face.  Even he was shocked that people spent money on an online game.

See? Proof that spending money on EE is useless. Even the person who receives the money thinks it's not normal.

Wooted by:

#40 2015-08-24 16:42:37

Krosis
Formerly Arkonagames
Website

alkazam1448 wrote:
Arkonagames wrote:
alkazam1448 wrote:

I mean to say that paying money for online flash games... flash game... is insensible (and that is the word I was looking for when I looked for a word to describe that statement, not inaccurate... blah blah blah

such idiots).

alkazam1448 wrote:

I don't mean that. Flash isn't too bad but Flash is easy and not so powerful... blah blah blah

If the ''stupid flash game'' makes people happy while playing, why not donate money for it continues? the staff needs it to run the game, lose 5$ dosen't hurt

Krosis.gif

Wooted by:

#41 2015-08-24 16:54:27

nlmdejonge

JaWapa wrote:

I don't think that last sentence is entirely accurate. If he was shocked, it was mostly about people spending $50+ to get the Big Spender, not that people spent money in general. He's smart enough to know that people spend money on on-line games. I'd say that's why he started thinking about monetizing the game. Minecraft was released to the public before EE. So were lots and lots of other commercial on-line games.

alkazam1448 wrote:

Flash isn't too bad but Flash is easy and not so powerful. EE is a kids game, and is run by mostly non adults. So this makes it stupid. If benjaminsen was running it I'd still pay because he is a more advanced coder, and at least makes games with complex stuff.

What do you mean by "Flash is easy"? Could you have programmed the last update that added the campaigns and such? And if Flash isn't powerful, does it need to be for a game like EE? You're writing that EE is stupid because it's a kids' game and/or because it's run mostly by non-adults. I cannot follow your reasoning there. How does the age of the staff make the game stupid? If there are no updates for the next 10 years, is the game suddenly better because the staff is older? How did you find out that Benjaminsen is a more advanced coder than the folks who are currently working on EE?

Wooted by: (4)

#42 2015-08-24 17:02:39, last edited by cools (2015-08-24 17:03:41)

cools

I dont understand the problem here... People do what they want to do, if you want to save up money (or work) for anything it is perfectly fine.
Buying an accessory to the game is like buying a new bag or a Ipad or a new computer/laptop even. It is an improvement of whatever you want it to be. So what is the problem if people spend money on a game they wont play forever ? If people want to waste money they can (which i wouldnt advise). Also this accessory helps the brand/game get better, pay the people who work for this game/brand. It is basically spending your money to the workers for a "reward". Same story with a shop, you can look at things but you dont have to buy it, right ?

Hi im cools.
Veteran of EE and useless at any time.
Currently playing: ee on a daily basis again.
                           LoL

Doge is love Doge is life.

?type=online&name=cools ?type=lastlogin&name=cools ?type=registered&name=cools

Wooted by: (5)

#43 2015-08-24 17:48:17

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

nlmdejonge wrote:

I don't think that last sentence is entirely accurate. If he was shocked, it was mostly about people spending $50+ to get the Big Spender, not that people spent money in general. He's smart enough to know that people spend money on on-line games. I'd say that's why he started thinking about monetizing the game. Minecraft was released to the public before EE. So were lots and lots of other commercial on-line games.

I suppose you're right.

@alkazam1448 if you think the game, the staff, and spending money here is stupid... then leave.  No one is forcing you to stay.  If you don't want to donate money, then don't.  No one is begging you to.  However, those that can we would like to, because that means the game can stay up and running longer.

All of the money that you guys spend on shop items, goes right back into the game.  Not one dime of it has landed in our pockets.  You're not supporting us, you're supporting the game.

Wooted by: (3)

#44 2015-08-24 18:13:06

John

JaWapa wrote:

<snip>
All of the money that you guys spend on shop items, goes right back into the game.  Not one dime of it has landed in our pockets.  You're not supporting us, you're supporting the game.

I thought PlayerIO was free for you guys, unless I am mistaken?

PW?scale=2

#45 2015-08-25 05:01:34

Formerly alkazam1448
Website

JaWapa wrote:

Never knew that... lol am I a ginormous nub or what!? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#46 2015-08-25 11:15:36

Nou

alkazam1448 wrote:
JaWapa wrote:

Never knew that... lol am I a ginormous nub or what!? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Yes you are. Is it even relevant? You think we don't deserve anything for the stuff we do?

No u.

Wooted by: (3)

#47 2015-08-25 12:52:17

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Nou wrote:
alkazam1448 wrote:
JaWapa wrote:

Yes you are. Is it even relevant? You think we don't deserve anything for the stuff we do?

Yeah, That has it's place too.... but, you know.

#48 2015-08-25 15:35:22

nlmdejonge

Nou wrote:

You think we don't deserve anything for the stuff we do?

If you ever get any money, maybe update or remove "We're all doing this in our free time".
If you're getting paid it's employment and not free time. At least, I think.

#49 2015-08-25 16:06:06

kubapolish
Banned
Website

i can buy beta but mobile payment.... ,-,

kubapolish1440515166534356

Board footer