Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2016-06-02 16:54:04

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Re: What college?

Yandax wrote:

Well, the college I'd LIKE to attend is Juilliard. But I know I can't get in.

What would you go for? If its for music listen close:

Dont audition at music schools solely for the big name. Big named music schools like Julliard and Eastman have been sliding in the rankings because of A) their price, and B) the rise of cheaper/better quality/better funded schools elsewhere in the country. A lot of people ignore these newer schools, and end up going into huge amounts of debt for an (to be blunt) education of arguably lower caliber.

Make sure to look for other schools, and research the specific department that you'd be in. Sometimes a school will have a really good, say, opera/voice department that really stands above the rest.

Also, make sure to look into who you would work with (faculty wise) at the schools. Another problem with schools like Julliard is that they focus on the "art" of music, as opposed to actually getting a job out of your four years there. You want someone with the same goals as you.

If you're going there for acting, also watch out, because i've heard some stories about people who went there and came out the other end needing years of therapy lol

Wooted by:

#27 2016-06-02 17:37:20

Luka504

Well im not going to college
But i just finished 8th grade and im looking for a High School.
I plan on going to a High School Named ,,Bora,, that asks for 96 out of a 100 points (Thats a really good high school)

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#28 2016-06-02 18:19:53

Kaleb
Formerly Kaleb123

I am planning on attending UC Berkley

-Only 1 more year of high school! YAY.
-College baby here i come.

#29 2016-06-02 20:26:45, last edited by Yandax (2016-06-02 20:36:37)

Yandax

Pyromaniac wrote:
Yandax wrote:

Well, the college I'd LIKE to attend is Juilliard. But I know I can't get in.

What would you go for? If its for music listen close:

Dont audition at music schools solely for the big name. Big named music schools like Julliard and Eastman have been sliding in the rankings because of A) their price, and B) the rise of cheaper/better quality/better funded schools elsewhere in the country. A lot of people ignore these newer schools, and end up going into huge amounts of debt for an (to be blunt) education of arguably lower caliber.

Make sure to look for other schools, and research the specific department that you'd be in. Sometimes a school will have a really good, say, opera/voice department that really stands above the rest.

Also, make sure to look into who you would work with (faculty wise) at the schools. Another problem with schools like Julliard is that they focus on the "art" of music, as opposed to actually getting a job out of your four years there. You want someone with the same goals as you.

If you're going there for acting, also watch out, because i've heard some stories about people who went there and came out the other end needing years of therapy lol

Thanks for the advice. And I'd probably go for music if I did attend, but I (unfortunately) have no clear career path.
And it might just be smarted to get a degree from a smaller college, 'cause y'know... money...

Pretend I didn't exist until now

All hail me, the king of insensitive jerks

Woot if you hate me

#30 2016-06-03 01:58:16

hummerz5

(US) Yeah, I was tempted to go to an EAST COAST COLLEGE, but I'm actually in the midwest, so that would be kinda a big trip. I settled for one closer... and cheaper.

In fact, I had a college get-together thingy today. yay me

#31 2016-06-03 04:55:28

Different55
Forum Admin

Currently attending Dodge City Community College. According to the staff it's in the top 3 cheapest colleges in the USA, so it's got that going for it. That, and it's about 5 minutes away from both a Taco Bell and not one but two (TWO) Pizza Huts which is pretty impressive for a city in the middle of nowhere. I've never been to the cafeteria before but apparently it's pretty okay.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#32 2016-06-03 05:56:47

Kkay
Formerly Kaydog99

What college you want to go to, would be the one you think is best. Which college you can actually pay and afford to go to is another story

Wooted by: (2)

#33 2016-06-03 13:10:57

Zumza

In my country college is almost for free.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#34 2016-06-03 14:01:36

Zumza

hummerz5 wrote:
Zumza wrote:

In my country college is almost for free.

conversely, in your country, college is paid for over the duration of your tax-paying life.

Its not like in other counties where I'm obligated to stay and work in my country after finishing college. I can fully decide what I want to do.
P.S. Im sure its founded by our tax rate of 20%. Also we were a communist country before. And in that time if you were finishing a college you would have 100% guaranted a job position in that domain. Our education system was actually very good but nowadays we are changing ministers like socks.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

Wooted by:

#35 2016-06-03 16:21:50

blizzard

Indiana Wesleyan University

blizzard1464967310604789

Board footer