Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2015-08-12 15:51:31

Freckleface

Re: The Problem With Online Friendships

Xfrogman43 wrote:
Freckleface wrote:

IRL be friends who like stuff that you like otherwise you barely have anything to talk about

So you are saying online people can't have the same interests?
I am the quiet type when it comes talking IRL, so I always have nothing to talk about.
I know nothing about cars, yet last year, people always talked about them and im like "yeah thats cool."
IRL doesn't always mean you have something to talk about. I talk about a lot of stuff online better than IRL.

Not really what I was aiming for but I meant more like if you are friends with people who dont really do the same things as you or like the same things as you you dont really have anything to talk about. For example with the ppl who talk about cars and you dont have a clue what they are talking about. People online can still have same interests as you but its more likely that you will find people who are interested in stuff which you like (ex. if you meet someone in a rpg they will probably like rpgs too and you have stuff to talk about.

F

#27 2015-08-13 02:06:45

Calicara

Re: The Problem With Online Friendships

@Freckleface: I think I get what you're saying, but from my understanding talking is only a small part of friendship. To me real friendship is like when you want to hang out with someone, even if there's nothing to talk about, just because you like being around them. Friends can also share in their dissimilar interest, because taking part in someone else's lifestyle helps to enrich your own and make life more interesting. For example, trying new games, books, etc... based on a friends opinion.

Again that's just me though. I know different people have many different kinds of friendships.

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

Wooted by:
Calicara1439428005529953

Board footer