Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Advertisement

Hello, visitor! These forums are run off of the revenue generated from these ads. If you'd like to support us, please whitelist us or consider donating:

#26 2015-07-03 16:13:02

Era
Member
From: :::::1
Registered: 2015-05-06
Posts: 770

Re: Ads.

I didn't even bother to install an adblocker


~FreeBSD user
~Debian user

Offline

#27 2015-07-03 16:14:56

MrJaWapa
Member
From: United States
Registered: 2015-02-15
Posts: 3,815
Website

Re: Ads.

anch159 wrote:

Wait so I"m not allowed to click the ad?

You shouldn't click it just for the sake of clicking it.

If it interests you, then click it.  If you accidentally click it, no big deal, but don't click it because you think it's helping.


#NoBackboneDiff
#FireProcessor

Offline

#28 2015-07-03 16:51:19

Hexagon
Member
Registered: 2015-04-22
Posts: 1,238

Re: Ads.

I know that this is off-topic, but on the topic of revenue, is it possible for people to give donations?

Offline

#29 2015-07-03 19:56:14

Different55
Forum Admin
Registered: 2015-02-07
Posts: 14,444

Re: Ads.

anch159 wrote:

Wait so I"m not allowed to click the ad?

Yes. You are allowed to click the ad if the product interests you and you would be willing to check out the product on the other end seriously, like you would with any other ad. You should not click it purely for our sake, and you should not be more likely to click our ads purely because they're our ads. Lots of false clicking like that means the advertisers have to pay extra for clicks that never actually pan out for them.

Hexagon wrote:

I know that this is off-topic, but on the topic of revenue, is it possible for people to give donations?

Probably, yeah. I do have a paypal that I typically use to pay invoices so if anyone wanted to donate, that'd be the place. That said, I have no idea how the whole donating thing works on paypal. I investigated this matter further and I set up a business account and now I have a donate button but I don't know where to put it so I guess I'll just leave this here:






Offline

#30 2015-07-03 20:11:52

Anak
Member
Registered: 2015-02-18
Posts: 1,757

Re: Ads.

I was also wondering if the ad could be placed at the bottom of the page rather than the top? It would still count as getting money for the forums, wouldn't it? (That feels kinda nitpicky to say though but I know many people will probably complain it's distracting or prefer not to see it etc.)

I don't really mind it though. It's cool you're getting some money with the ad smile

Offline

#31 2015-07-03 21:36:37

HG
Member
From: PWA0gEDooycEI
Registered: 2015-02-18
Posts: 1,110
Website

Re: Ads.

I'll not disable my adblocker.
But i can donate


Check out The Tower Remastered, the best limited-time challenge world by HG Crew, NOW WITH A GAME-PLAY VIDEO!

Offline

#32 2015-07-03 22:22:00

Different55
Forum Admin
Registered: 2015-02-07
Posts: 14,444

Re: Ads.

Anak wrote:

I was also wondering if the ad could be placed at the bottom of the page rather than the top? It would still count as getting money for the forums, wouldn't it? (That feels kinda nitpicky to say though but I know many people will probably complain it's distracting or prefer not to see it etc.)

I don't really mind it though. It's cool you're getting some money with the ad smile

I think can move it lower but probably not down to the bottom of the page without it impacting things. The reason I placed it where I did is because that's where Cyclone put his ads on forumify and because it's above the fold while not pushing the content out of the picture. tongue

Offline

#33 2015-07-03 22:36:05

skullz17
Member
Registered: 2015-02-15
Posts: 6,235

Re: Ads.

HabboGame wrote:

I'll not disable my adblocker.
But i can donate

Doesn't your adblocker have a whitelist? Meaning, it's off for certain websites, but it stays on for all other sites.


m3gPDRb.png
My soundcloud, My youtube

thx for sig bobithan

Offline

#34 2015-07-04 01:39:03

Freckleface
Member
Registered: 2015-04-02
Posts: 914

Re: Ads.

anch159 wrote:

Wait so I"m not allowed to click the ad?

Yea you are allowed to. its just diff that cant or else that'd be him just tryna make himself more money

Last edited by Freckleface (2015-07-04 01:39:23)


ZTasSRc.png
Thanks Amds for the great avatar and sig!!!
EZ Crew
players.php?user=Freckleface
I wanna be the very best, at ffs!
I wanna win, all the tiers. The medal is my dream!!!
FFS! Gotta beat them all!

Offline

#35 2015-07-04 01:44:08

Xfrogman43
Member
From: My mom's insides
Registered: 2015-02-15
Posts: 2,997

Re: Ads.

I never click on ads... Am I helping?


YaoTT4C.pngDarkcomet=best doge
image4.png?uid=4673131&m=0
Hit <10K on 1/21/17

Offline

#36 2015-07-04 01:59:09

Different55
Forum Admin
Registered: 2015-02-07
Posts: 14,444

Re: Ads.

Xfrogman43 wrote:

I never click on ads... Am I helping?

Yep. Everyone who just browses the forums without blocking our ads helps out. There are two ways to earn money from ads, a set amount per thousand views and a set amount per click. At the end of the day, you get to keep whichever one got you more money. For us, that's actually views. All you nubs have to do is keep foruming on.

Offline

#37 2015-07-04 03:53:08

Onjit
Member
From: Batmania, Australia
Registered: 2015-02-15
Posts: 6,246
Website

Offline

#38 2015-07-04 04:08:51

Different55
Forum Admin
Registered: 2015-02-07
Posts: 14,444

Re: Ads.

I- uh... appreciate the effort?

Offline

#39 2015-07-04 06:18:52

Onjit
Member
From: Batmania, Australia
Registered: 2015-02-15
Posts: 6,246
Website

Offline

#40 2015-07-04 06:54:01

Xfrogman43
Member
From: My mom's insides
Registered: 2015-02-15
Posts: 2,997

Re: Ads.

Different55 wrote:
Xfrogman43 wrote:

I never click on ads... Am I helping?

Yep. Everyone who just browses the forums without blocking our ads helps out. There are two ways to earn money from ads, a set amount per thousand views and a set amount per click. At the end of the day, you get to keep whichever one got you more money. For us, that's actually views. All you nubs have to do is keep foruming on.

One view per day or can i spam refresh? tongue


YaoTT4C.pngDarkcomet=best doge
image4.png?uid=4673131&m=0
Hit <10K on 1/21/17

Offline

#41 2015-07-04 07:03:29

Different55
Forum Admin
Registered: 2015-02-07
Posts: 14,444

Re: Ads.

Xfrogman43 wrote:
Different55 wrote:
Xfrogman43 wrote:

I never click on ads... Am I helping?

Yep. Everyone who just browses the forums without blocking our ads helps out. There are two ways to earn money from ads, a set amount per thousand views and a set amount per click. At the end of the day, you get to keep whichever one got you more money. For us, that's actually views. All you nubs have to do is keep foruming on.

One view per day or can i spam refresh? tongue

One pageview isn't the same as one adview. There are more adviews than there are unique visitors, but nowhere near as many as there are pageloads. I'm not sure how it decides which page loads count as adviews as well, but however they decide, spamming refresh would probably just be a waste of time.

Offline

#42 2015-07-04 22:12:03

HG
Member
From: PWA0gEDooycEI
Registered: 2015-02-18
Posts: 1,110
Website

Re: Ads.

skullz17 wrote:
HabboGame wrote:

I'll not disable my adblocker.
But i can donate

Doesn't your adblocker have a whitelist? Meaning, it's off for certain websites, but it stays on for all other sites.

Yeah, it has. But i'll not add the website to the whitelist because i just don't want ads. As i said, i can donate and Different55 could make a button like donate, but it's a purchase like on Android apps, where you make a purchase that will turn add ads off.


Check out The Tower Remastered, the best limited-time challenge world by HG Crew, NOW WITH A GAME-PLAY VIDEO!

Offline

#43 2015-07-04 22:15:47

Era
Member
From: :::::1
Registered: 2015-05-06
Posts: 770

Re: Ads.

Enabled the adds in uMatrix (who needs adblockers anyway?)


~FreeBSD user
~Debian user

Offline

#44 2015-07-04 22:19:02

HG
Member
From: PWA0gEDooycEI
Registered: 2015-02-18
Posts: 1,110
Website

Re: Ads.

Era wrote:

Enabled the adds in uMatrix (who needs adblockers anyway?)

I need adblockers because sometimes the ads just open when i click something (not the ad), and ALL the ads are from viruses.


Check out The Tower Remastered, the best limited-time challenge world by HG Crew, NOW WITH A GAME-PLAY VIDEO!

Offline

#45 2015-07-04 22:21:18

Era
Member
From: :::::1
Registered: 2015-05-06
Posts: 770

Re: Ads.

Use somethin like uMatrix or Noscript , they are made for exactly that purpose , ans they also schield you from javascript attacks etc.


~FreeBSD user
~Debian user

Offline

#46 2015-07-04 22:22:06

Different55
Forum Admin
Registered: 2015-02-07
Posts: 14,444

Re: Ads.

HabboGame wrote:
Era wrote:

Enabled the adds in uMatrix (who needs adblockers anyway?)

I need adblockers because sometimes the ads just open when i click something (not the ad), and ALL the ads are from viruses.

Uh-huh...

Well here's a donate button since you asked for it.






Offline

#47 2015-07-04 22:22:53

HG
Member
From: PWA0gEDooycEI
Registered: 2015-02-18
Posts: 1,110
Website

Re: Ads.

Era wrote:

Use somethin like uMatrix or Noscript , they are made for exactly that purpose , ans they also schield you from javascript attacks etc.

My actual adblockers block JavaScript attacks and all ads, even audio-only ads (not visible). If i disable them, i will be fully attacked. I will donate but i won't disable my adblockers


Check out The Tower Remastered, the best limited-time challenge world by HG Crew, NOW WITH A GAME-PLAY VIDEO!

Offline

#48 2015-07-04 22:25:44

Era
Member
From: :::::1
Registered: 2015-05-06
Posts: 770

Re: Ads.

f1acc8dc988b8d12dfe0be175031d6eb.png
I like something like this more instead of blocking ads generally and therefore rendering the website owners unable to make money of of me (or pay the hosting cost tongue)

Last edited by Era (2015-07-04 22:27:49)


~FreeBSD user
~Debian user

Offline

#49 2015-07-04 22:26:44

HG
Member
From: PWA0gEDooycEI
Registered: 2015-02-18
Posts: 1,110
Website

Re: Ads.

Era wrote:

f1acc8dc988b8d12dfe0be175031d6eb.png

I use that tool.


Check out The Tower Remastered, the best limited-time challenge world by HG Crew, NOW WITH A GAME-PLAY VIDEO!

Offline

#50 2015-07-04 22:28:29

Era
Member
From: :::::1
Registered: 2015-05-06
Posts: 770

Re: Ads.

That's not an adblocker , if you have that you don't need an anblocker ontop of that.
that's like ... installing 2 firewalls


~FreeBSD user
~Debian user

Offline

Different551471287695619166

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1487825136.0677 - Generated in 0.050 seconds, 10 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.32 MiB (Peak: 1.54 MiB) ]