Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2015-09-13 18:43:30

STD
Formerly BenWanted

Re: Graphical Development Topic [Fixing white backgrounds, and some more!]

So once this is added will we have to buy it from the shop again or will it just be updated into our inventory? I know the candy pack got gumdrops added and didn't have to rebuy

random-pictures-316.jpg

#52 2015-09-13 18:53:30

TOOP

Benwanted wrote:

So once this is added will we have to buy it from the shop again or will it just be updated into our inventory? I know the candy pack got gumdrops added and didn't have to rebuy

You won't have to rebuy it if you already purchased the stone (or viking pack when it was still that.)

Wooted by:

#53 2015-09-13 18:53:39

SmittyW

Looks great! Reminds me of a mixture between magic and mineral blocks. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Wooted by:

#54 2015-09-13 19:02:52

skullz17

Well I guess it is a mineral. Looks awesome toop, you did a great job on this one.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#55 2015-09-13 19:27:57

Weirdoverse
Website

TOOP wrote:

Thanks for your input, as always it really helps.
After more thought it's been decided that a texture redesign would be best for this package.

http://i.imgur.com/uBFb13y.png

no problem //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.

#56 2015-09-13 20:57:44

Prodigy

o_O does this mean i could get stone pack when? https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/6/60/012_inquisitive

h0qIF0q.png

#57 2016-06-17 19:47:12, last edited by TOOP (2016-06-17 20:02:24)

TOOP

Complaints about an issue regarding some of the new background colors gives me an excuse to dig up this topic. [I planned on using it more often, but it got pushed to the back for a long time.]

After the update, it was brought to my attention that the backgrounds for the new white blocks were lacking. I decided to fix them, and upon doing so I ran into another problem with other extended items colors. I decided to fix those too.

ee9W1FZ.png

The top four rows of colors didn't have any changes, they are there for comparison purposes.

Not all the changes will be apparent, so I'll list off the changes I made. All of these changes allowed the colors of the pack to be a lot more consistent.

Background Color Changes:
-Not enough difference of black brick and basic, beta was too dark. Also brick bg got fixed.
-Cyan Orange nor the basic block were bright enough, so I fixed them.
-Cyan beta was almost the same color as the basic, instead of pastel like the other beta blocks.
-Overhaul of white beta, basic, brick, checker, basic bg, brick bg.
-Grey brick and brick bg were redone. Also the grey beta had some yellowish tint in the bg color that I got rid of.

Graphic Changes:
-Grey and white brick were darkened to match the upclose contrast that the other bricks have with their basic counterparts.

What caused this? I think it could have been an issue that early bg colors were coded in manually, and later a system was added to automatically generate the minimap color, but it caused newer blocks to be inconsistent with older ones. That's just my guess though.

How do white blocks stack up with the other blocks with similar bg colors now? Like this:

nQ7gK6V.png

Top row is all the blocks in no paticular order, bottom row organized them to make a gradient.

#58 2016-06-17 20:15:45

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

i love the new gradient for white bgs
10/10
also nice neon bgs for the black orange cyan white and gray

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#59 2016-06-19 18:51:16

Anatoly

Whyx are white blocks fatter then others

#60 2016-07-20 00:22:29

Guest.

AnatolyEE wrote:

Whyx are white blocks fatter then others

dont fatshame

white blocks are people too //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad