Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#76 2015-07-06 19:34:23, last edited by Pyromaniac (2015-07-06 19:40:47)

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Re: Celebrate Pride!

I've stayed out of this until now, because I didn't want to get involved, but one of my friends posted this on Facebook, and it is very, very well written and addresses all of the conflicts that have come up here.

Lemme just pull out some excerpts in case you dont want to read the whole thing.

"I am heartbroken because I cannot get on Facebook or Twitter without reading posts by self-identifying Christians initiating gross arguments with your community or disgustingly apathetic posts regarding how “we win” in the end.
I am so disappointed. These reactions are not Christ-like and they are a very, very poor representation of what it is we believe. I am begging God that you do not judge Christ and His church based on the way some “Christians” have so badly handled this situation."

"They have forgotten that they, we, are sinners too. Our nature is wicked disobedience. On our own we followed the ways of this world"

"So many of them are up in arms and even surprised because the Supreme Court’s decision does not align with the Bible. They argue that homosexual marriage should not have been legalized because it does not agree with God’s purpose for marriage. In doing so, they are arguing for a Christian state and a Christian country. Dare I suggest that that does not align with the Bible? Jesus did not come to establish a Christian state. As Jesus says in John 18:36, ““My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place.” Jesus never planned to establish an earthly, Christian Kingdom on this earth. He did not care for a christian state, but for the state of our souls"  (This is kind of what zoey was saying on the other page, that America probably shouldn't be governed by a religious state)

And to sum up the message of the article--

"Homosexual America, please forgive us. Forgive us for the bigotry and hatred we have shown, for the many instances that we have failed to display Christ. I love you. Oh how I love. I do not agree with your lifestyle, but I love you nonetheless."

See guys, its not about judging or condemning anyone else. That isn't your (I'm talking to the anti-gay commenters now) place as Christians or whatever you identify as. To forcefully try to get your opinions across is not right, and frankly its disrespectful. I'm not saying anyone here has necessarily done that, but in general people just need to chill.

And to the gay community, just understand that disagreement is one thing, but hatred and rude comments and judgement are another.

If you're interested in reading the whole thing here it is- https://kaitlinebeling.wordpress.com/20 … christian/

EDIT: And please dont attack me for sharing this, I still dont want to get involved. I just thought these were some really nice points.

#77 2015-07-06 21:47:36

Abelysk

Pyromaniac wrote:

"So many of them are up in arms and even surprised because the Supreme Court’s decision does not align with the Bible. They argue that homosexual marriage should not have been legalized because it does not agree with God’s purpose for marriage.

Now HERE'S the problem. While I wholeheartedly agree that Christians should seriously mind their own business, it is also homosexuals' faults for getting married IN A FULLY CHRISTIAN CHURCH. There are plenty of places to get married other than churches. Some churches accept homosexuality as well.

#78 2015-07-07 00:16:57

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

Who gets married in a church anymore?

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#79 2015-07-07 00:21:20

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

who gets married anymore

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Wooted by:

#80 2015-07-07 00:24:32

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Zoey2070 wrote:

who gets married anymore

Apparently homosexuals.

Discord: jawp#5123

#81 2015-07-07 00:25:28, last edited by Kirby (2015-07-07 00:25:43)

Kirby

JaWapa wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:

who gets married anymore

Apparently homosexuals.

nice one

#82 2015-07-07 11:44:46

Insanity

If I had a choice I'd get married on a tropical island with lots of coconut water and vodka

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

Wooted by: (2)

#83 2015-07-08 23:43:41

eeisold

Insanity wrote:
eeisold wrote:

Branching off of capasha's "legalize pedo" topic, I feel he made a valid point. (No, I'm not bringing that discussion back) -- But realistically, where do we stop with this trend? Do we never stop? By "trend" I point to various things being considered unacceptable by a half-century-ago's standards that are now being "legalized". Again, nothing against anyone. BUT. Marijuana? Sure. LSD? Is that next? We'd like to say "obviously they won't legalize murder" -- and you're undoubtedly right. But there will be things that we consider "taboo" in today's society that will be reversed in the future. What will that be, I wonder? Streaking? Dunno. Public indecency? Hmm.

Food for thought, folks.

Yo don't hate on acid that stuff if tight. Non-addictive, epic psychedelic experiences. I wouldn't be surprised if they legalized pot, shrooms, and LSD. I wouldn't mind public indecency as long as they made the condition where only hot girls are allowed to abuse it.

Pedophilia is nasty af that ish shouldn't be legalized.

You're not getting the point. (but thanks for actually realizing there was a point to get).
We're basically asking where the line is drawn. And I'm thinking into the future to say that even the most revolting of crimes might actually be legalized in the future. (Again, it was viewed as taboo to have cross-racial marriage, etc. Some die-hard folks probably just died when it started becoming semi-accepted. But heck, it's here.

There are likely folks out there who abhor the idea of legalizing those drugs. (Example: all the states who haven't legalized them). But they'll become the "bigots" once society moves on. Now, I'm not calling everyone "selective hypocrites" -- but if that was a thing, it'd fit pretty well.

#84 2015-07-15 20:41:27

AmdS
Website

So, I don't know why exists homophobic peoples. Don't have a point to hate gays, serius...

#85 2015-07-15 20:48:18

Kira

y did u revive this //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Wooted by: (3)

#86 2015-07-15 21:14:24

Creature

Kira wrote:

y did u revive this //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Because he got in a fight with peugeot because of this topic.

This is a false statement.

Wooted by: (2)

#87 2015-07-16 02:31:35, last edited by Different55 (2015-07-17 03:23:43)

Kira

isn't this better

Hidden text

#88 2015-07-17 03:09:38

John

blizzard wrote:

Gay/supporters cannot handle other people's opinions.

What the heck does that mean? Just because I support a cause that doesn't mean I don't want to hear other's opinions. I like to hear what other people have to say, as long as it doesn't offend me. (Like what you said) This is a country, not a church. Decisions should NOT be based on religious beliefs.

blizzard wrote:

The rights of us Christians. If someone even mentions the name God, they will be insulted and taunted.

I myself have never insulted a Christian because of what they believe in. I am an Episcopalian, yet I still believe in equal marriage. Isn't "In God We Trust" our nation's logo? <-- Rhetorical

Off Topic: Insanity: Democrats for the win! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

PW?scale=2

#89 2015-07-17 03:23:02

SPT

is this thread here to make drama and flame wars or what

Wooted by:

#90 2015-07-17 03:25:54

AmdS
Website

No, Duck! Here we can all discuss about the Celebrate Pride that has passed.

#91 2015-07-17 03:25:54

Different55
Forum Admin

Kira wrote:

isn't this better

Hidden text

Nub pls. Is it so hard to keep things kid friendly here? You can't just post whatever you want as long as you put it in a spoiler.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (3)

#92 2015-07-17 15:08:25

Creature

Duck wrote:

is this thread here to make drama and flame wars or what

The same as the other Gabriel's stupid threads.

This is a false statement.

Creature1437142105522330

Board footer