Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2015-07-04 22:23:21

rgl32

Re: Celebrate Pride!

blizzard wrote:

Gay/supporters cannot handle other people's opinions.

rgl32 wrote:

if you respect others without getting too hot-headed

yeah, please use this technique. This is a serious, and emotional issue for practically everyone involved in it. Saying things like this is what derails these sort of topics into being a cesspool of hate.

Wooted by:

#52 2015-07-04 22:23:36

Anak

Different55 wrote:
Anak wrote:

The thing is, if you "don't mind gay people having rights", but you don't want us to "shove it in your face" or you "personally dont' agree with what gay people do", that is discrimination.

What did I just read. It's not discrimination to disagree with someone. blizzard was just stating his opinion, he never said that he had the slightest intention of forcing that opinion on someone else, but you're trying to tear him apart over it, and telling his "discriminating" against you. What.

EDIT: Wow I got ninja'd hard. And it looks like it went downhill fast.

It's not discrimination to disagree with someone
But when you're disagreeing with a whole group of people because of "what they do" (which I'm assuming is not being straight, having a "gay lifestyle", same-sex marriage, etc.) well that's discrimination.
Look, I'm totally sorry if I'm being rude about it and tearing him apart, I'm just looking to be respected, which is not what I feel I am with a lot of people here.

#53 2015-07-04 22:29:40, last edited by blizzard (2015-07-04 22:30:01)

blizzard

rgl32 wrote:
blizzard wrote:

rgl32 wrote:

if you respect others without getting too hot-headed

yeah, please use this technique. This is a serious, and emotional issue for practically everyone involved in it. Saying things like this is what derails these sort of topics into being a cesspool of hate.

I have gotten no more worked up about this than the other side has.

Anak wrote:
Different55 wrote:
Anak wrote:

The thing is, if you "don't mind gay people having rights", but you don't want us to "shove it in your face" or you "personally dont' agree with what gay people do", that is discrimination.

What did I just read. It's not discrimination to disagree with someone. blizzard was just stating his opinion, he never said that he had the slightest intention of forcing that opinion on someone else, but you're trying to tear him apart over it, and telling his "discriminating" against you. What.

It's not discrimination to disagree with someone
But when you're disagreeing with a whole group of people because of "what they do" (which I'm assuming is not being straight, having a "gay lifestyle", same-sex marriage, etc.) well that's discrimination.
Look, I'm totally sorry if I'm being rude about it and tearing him apart, I'm just looking to be respected, which is not what I feel I am with a lot of people here.

It doesn't matter if I disagree with 1 person or 1,000 people. I merely stated my opinion since I am part of this community. I didn't really expect you to get this upset, and I'm sorry.
I'd respect you a lot more if you respected me.

And as Different said, this should have stopped along time ago. I am sorry for starting this flame war.

#54 2015-07-04 22:33:20, last edited by Era (2015-07-04 22:47:25)

Era

blizzard wrote:

Wow... Please don't go around generalizing people .
I do think that a Homosexuall lifestyle schould be generally accepted & allowed,
however that does not meen that i cannot handle other opinions  or ignore arguments just because they do not reflect my opinion.

Wooted by:

#55 2015-07-04 22:41:30, last edited by Zoey2070 (2016-11-27 03:31:37)

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

blizzard wrote:

What difference does it make if it was 10 years ago or 1 day ago?

because you can't say "THE GAYS CAUSED PEOPLE TO DISRESPECT THE MILITARY JUST BECAUSE THEY WON THEIR RIGHTS" when it was like a decade ago, when like... only Massachusetts had same-sex marriage.

blizzard wrote:

You have a point there, however, you don't see any government figures fighting for our rights.
So, basically we can have marriage come up in the state but not religion?

what
no, i'm saying that religion shouldn't dictate the laws -- most of the "marriage is one man/one woman" is because of religion.
also whose rights? straight people? pretty sure they have all the rights. like, the baseline of rights.

blizzard wrote:

I seriously hope you know what I mean. How do you think any of those Romans were born?

i don't know what you mean, apparently. straight people? bisexual people? gay people pretending they aren't gay? that doesn't change the fact that gay marriage existed in roman times.
hey fun fact: you can actually HAVE SEX with people you aren't attracted to. amazing.

blizzard wrote:

You can't turn gay? So many liars out there then . Read a story once where a man was married to a woman, divorced her, and married a man.

he didn't 'turn' gay; he realized he was gay. there's a difference. one implies you can just suddenly become gay. also, bisexual people exist.

blizzard wrote:

I am sorry for starting this flame war.

i dunno, so far we're not throwing any insults (or thinly-veiled insults) so i don't think we're at 'flame war' yet. i'm gonna say we're good.
also i don't think anyone's jimmies are particularly rustled at the moment?

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Wooted by:

#56 2015-07-04 22:50:10

Creature

Now they should accept different species marriage.

This is a false statement.

Wooted by:

#57 2015-07-04 22:52:44

Anak

Creature wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human%E2% … l_marriage Is this close enough

Wooted by:

#58 2015-07-04 23:02:48

Different55
Forum Admin

Anak wrote:
Different55 wrote:
Anak wrote:

How... how else are you supposed to disagree with a group of people? If you disagree with a group of people ever, it's because they did something, right? But that doesn't mean you have to treat them any different for it. It's possible to disagree with someone and carry on like you didn't.

Dictionary wrote:

discrimination (n): the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (3)

#59 2015-07-04 23:24:15

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Creature wrote:

two people marrying each other and a person marrying an animal are two completely different things.

also, i just read a very... interesting cracked article about this very recently.

danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]

#60 2015-07-05 01:38:54, last edited by blizzard (2015-07-05 01:40:06)

blizzard

Zoey2070 wrote:
blizzard wrote:

What difference does it make if it was 10 years ago or 1 day ago?

because you can't say "THE GAYS CAUSED PEOPLE TO DISRESPECT THE MILITARY JUST BECAUSE THEY WON THEIR RIGHTS" when it was like a decade ago, when like... only Massachusetts had same-sex marriage.

blizzard wrote:

You have a point there, however, you don't see any government figures fighting for our rights.
So, basically we can have marriage come up in the state but not religion?

what
no, i'm saying that religion shouldn't dictate the laws -- most of the "marriage is one man/one woman" is because of religion.
also whose rights? straight people? pretty sure they have all the rights. like, the baseline of rights.

blizzard wrote:

I seriously hope you know what I mean. How do you think any of those Romans were born?

i don't know what you mean, apparently. straight people? bisexual people? gay people pretending they aren't gay? that doesn't change the fact that gay marriage existed in roman times.
hey fun fact: you can actually HAVE SEX with people you aren't attracted to. amazing.

blizzard wrote:

You can't turn gay? So many liars out there then . Read a story once where a man was married to a woman, divorced her, and married a man.

he didn't 'turn' gay; he realized he was gay. there's a difference. one implies you can just suddenly become gay. also, bisexual people exist.

anecdote time: i have four grandmothers. both my dad's parents are in relationships with other women -- that's right, my paternal grandmother had three kids and has been in a relationship with another woman for 25 years.

blizzard wrote:

I am sorry for starting this flame war.

i dunno, so far we're not throwing any insults (or thinly-veiled insults) so i don't think we're at 'flame war' yet. i'm gonna say we're good.
also i don't think anyone's jimmies are particularly rustled at the moment?

That still makes no difference. Comparing the struggles the marines had during the war and the struggles the gays have had with achieving rights is astounding to me. If they have to represent their struggles, at least be original and not try to pretend that what they have gone through is even close to what the marines had to go through. I'm surprised you have such little respect.

The rights of us Christians. If someone even mentions the name God, they will be insulted and taunted. And no, more than just merely stating opinions. But this is a totally different subject, so no need to focus on this point.

Maybe I generalized my statement a bit. But, I think you got my point.
Great fun fact, good thing I won't be needing it because I have more respect than that.

That point can go either way. Nothing has been proven for or against.
Alrighty cool.
And no, I'd hope not.

#61 2015-07-05 02:11:31

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

blizzard wrote:

If they have to represent their struggles, at least be original and not try to pretend that what they have gone through is even close to what the marines had to go through. I'm surprised you have such little respect.

okay i have no rebuttal for that part, because I see what you're saying. either way, it was like six people; they don't represent the entirety of the gay community.
it kind of reminds me of that "Caitlyn Jenner is so brave!" thing, followed by all the people throwing a fit like, "YOU KNOW WHAT'S BRAVE??? SOLDIERS" because like... there's different kinds of bravery. but that's not entirely relevant in this situation because, yeah, it was a Military thing first. but that's just an observation i guess.

blizzard wrote:

The rights of us Christians. If someone even mentions the name God, they will be insulted and taunted.

??????????
"In God We Trust" is literally our nation's motto... kind of. It's in the pledge. It's on the money. I don't know where you live where you get insulted and taunted for saying God, but I'm pretty sure that's not a nation-wide thing.
Christians have a right to practice their religion -- as do all the other religions. That's the first amendment. People also have the freedom to say whatever.
I have the right to go around punching people, but you also have the right to not be punched, u feel me? and vice-versa.

like... same-sex marriage probably doesn't effect a lot of people & people's objections are typically founded in religion... which a lot of people don't practice or simply disagree with. the beliefs of one religion shouldn't be the basis for nation wide law, even if it is the majority, because America has no official religion.

Wooted by: (3)

#62 2015-07-05 02:16:38, last edited by Kira (2015-07-05 02:33:55)

Kira

Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Pride Month is currently celebrated each year in the month of June to honor an even. That event was a tipping point for the Gay Liberation Movement in the United States. In the United States the last Sunday in June was initially celebrated as “Gay Pride Day,” but the actual day was flexible. In major cities across the nation the “day” soon grew to encompass a month-long series of events. Today, celebrations include pride parades, picnics, parties, workshops, symposia and concerts, and Pride Month events attract millions of participants around the world. Memorials are held during this month for those members of the community who have been lost to hate crimes. The purpose of the commemorative month is to recognize the impact that lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals have had on history locally, nationally, and internationally. I don't see why there's so much drama about that, just learn to live in society correctly and everything will be fine. Personally, the homophobes are just heartless and brainless people who only cares about their tastes.

#63 2015-07-05 02:18:53

Anak

blizzard wrote:

That still makes no difference. Comparing the struggles the marines had during the war and the struggles the gays have had with achieving rights is astounding to me. If they have to represent their struggles, at least be original and not try to pretend that what they have gone through is even close to what the marines had to go through. I'm surprised you have such little respect.

We're being killed. In some countries you can still go to prison for being gay. People are killing us for being gay.
And it's not just in Russia. It's in America, it's in Britain.
Sure, there's no war against us, but your marines were killed defending your country, which they full well would have known they may have been killed during war. We're killed just for who we are.
I totally recognise these are two different subjects, but look at this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article … reats.html
This guy's getting death threats (only now) for a picture he did 15 years ago. (He also recognises they're two different subjects)
I mean, come on now. Sure, maybe that was wrong, but it doesn't warrant death threats.

#64 2015-07-05 02:19:34

Ratburntro44
Website

Zoey2070 wrote:
blizzard wrote:

Or, quite possibly, had known the whole time and simply stopped pretending.

#65 2015-07-05 03:02:04, last edited by ZeldaXD (2015-07-05 03:03:44)

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

I could never understand sexual, ethnic or national pride.
Because to me pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth.
Being gay, straight, american... isn't a skill, it's a bimpsing genetic accident.
You wouldn't say "I'm proud to be 5'11", "I'm proud to have a predisposition for colon cancer"
So why the bimps would you be proud to be american, or gay, or tall, or anything?
- George Carlin (Edited)

gLjTZE1.png

Wooted by: (2)

#66 2015-07-05 03:32:52, last edited by blizzard (2015-07-05 03:33:02)

blizzard

Anak wrote:
blizzard wrote:

We're being killed. In some countries you can still go to prison for being gay. People are killing us for being gay.
And it's not just in Russia. It's in America, it's in Britain.
Sure, there's no war against us, but your marines were killed defending your country, which they full well would have known they may have been killed during war. We're killed just for who we are.
I totally recognise these are two different subjects, but look at this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article … reats.html
This guy's getting death threats (only now) for a picture he did 15 years ago. (He also recognises they're two different subjects)
I mean, come on now. Sure, maybe that was wrong, but it doesn't warrant death threats.

I have heard of this, and quite frankly, it disgusts me. Yeah, maybe I don't agree with your opinion, but murdering over a disagreement is disgusting and heinous.

#67 2015-07-05 03:53:17

Abelysk

ZeldaXD wrote:

Because to me pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth.
Being gay, straight, american... isn't a skill, it's a bimpsing genetic accident.
You wouldn't say "I'm proud to be 5'11", "I'm proud to have a predisposition for colon cancer"
So why the bimps would you be proud to be american, or gay, or tall, or anything?
- George Carlin (Edited)

Gay history is pretty bad. They were discriminated. The blame? The Bible (as it stated practicing homosexuality is a sin). It was mainly the Catholics and the 1600s Christians that marked homosexuality as one of the "worst" sins, however, in the Bible homosexuality isn't even stated as one of the "seven deadly sins". Also, the Bible doesn't say being homosexual is bad, it says doing things of homosexuality like marrying gays and other gay things is a sin. Being gay and not doing anything gay isn't a sin itself. So yes, the previous Christians were not very intelligent on their part. However, not all Christians are the same.

Wooted by:

#68 2015-07-05 04:44:00

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

ZeldaXD wrote:

This just in: being proud of what you do or who you are is pointless and now illegal

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

Wooted by:

#69 2015-07-05 11:26:25

Era

Nobody is proud to be german anyway //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Wooted by: (2)

#70 2015-07-05 13:14:31

Insanity

The majority of our world's problems are caused by religion. If you look at conservative republicans, conservative christians, and the more extreme ones, extremist islamic communities, who go as far as killing innocent people in the name of god.

I'm pretty sure anyone is allowed to interpret the bible, or any religious document however they want, so it's not up to others to choose for them.

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

#71 2015-07-05 13:25:49

Era

Insanity wrote:

and the more extreme ones, extremist islamic communities,

There's also Extremists in other religious groups

#72 2015-07-05 14:03:39

Anak

ZeldaXD wrote:

- George Carlin (Edited)

We're proud of who we are because of the centuries of people saying we shouldn't be who we are.

#73 2015-07-05 19:21:50, last edited by blizzard (2015-07-05 19:22:24)

blizzard

Insanity wrote:

If you look at conservative republicans

Oh please. Obama is more interested in a hole-in-one than the American people. Liberal democrats are just as much, if not more to blame for the corruption of America. Maybe that wasn't the focal point of your comment, just felt like pointed that out. Sorry for getting off-topic. Thx.

Wooted by:

#74 2015-07-05 22:00:51, last edited by skullz17 (2015-07-05 22:01:06)

skullz17

I agree with zelda. I think it's just word choice though (in this case). Just because you are not ashamed, does not mean you are proud. You are not ashamed of it, you are not proud either, you are just okay with it. It's not a good thing, it's not a bad thing, it's just a thing.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#75 2015-07-06 00:35:17

Insanity

Era wrote:

There's also Extremists in other religious groups

Yea you're right, I was using it as an example, but that fact you just pointed out just goes to show even more how people are making decisions and assumptions solely on opinions.

blizzard wrote:

Oh please. Obama is more interested in a hole-in-one than the American people. Liberal democrats are just as much, if not more to blame for the corruption of America. Maybe that wasn't the focal point of your comment, just felt like pointed that out. Sorry for getting off-topic. Thx.

Yea I am a democrat, so naturally I did use conservative republicans in my statement because I'm admittedly going to be biased about that, however you're right, there's a lot of **** on the other end of the spectrum I don't agree with either.

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

Creature1437142105522330

Board footer