Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2015-06-29 21:47:10

Abelysk

Re: Celebrate Pride!

Era wrote:

The Bible also encourages rape and murder

It would be nice if you cited where in the Bible that was evident

Wooted by:

#27 2015-06-29 23:14:32

Kira

Legalize marijuana#
WqJIDo1.png

Wooted by: (3)

#28 2015-06-29 23:40:42

AmdS
Website

How can you guys change the subject of my topic? Dude, please. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

#29 2015-06-30 03:14:16

Kira

wtf is this topic anyways, amds makes 2 kind of topics = either for gays either an useless af one.
bruh please https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5b/024_fan_boy

#30 2015-06-30 03:16:25

Bimps

Different55 wrote:

Screw it I'm splitting you guys off into your own little pedo topic. As long as it's a serious debate, I will allow discussion of pedophilia.

k bb see you ily <333

gays are still gay

#31 2015-06-30 14:18:50, last edited by eeisold (2015-06-30 14:23:23)

eeisold

BuzzerBee wrote:

but now you're saying it's a mental disorder? Lmfao do your research.

My research: The APA was officially on record as listing homosexuality as a disorder. Then came 1973. What a crazy decade! (At any rate, they removed it. So, there's your research.)

Gabriel wrote:

Guys, being gay is normal //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Well, there's nothing wrong with it, sure. However, natural selection bars homosexuality from becoming the norm. If that were the case, we'd die off as a species.
Rather, the homosexual branch would.

Branching off of capasha's "legalize pedo" topic, I feel he made a valid point. (No, I'm not bringing that discussion back) -- But realistically, where do we stop with this trend? Do we never stop? By "trend" I point to various things being considered unacceptable by a half-century-ago's standards that are now being "legalized". Again, nothing against anyone. BUT. Marijuana? Sure. LSD? Is that next? We'd like to say "obviously they won't legalize murder" -- and you're undoubtedly right. But there will be things that we consider "taboo" in today's society that will be reversed in the future. What will that be, I wonder? Streaking? Dunno. Public indecency? Hmm.

Food for thought, folks.

#32 2015-07-03 14:05:24, last edited by Insanity (2015-07-03 14:06:10)

Insanity

eeisold wrote:

Branching off of capasha's "legalize pedo" topic, I feel he made a valid point. (No, I'm not bringing that discussion back) -- But realistically, where do we stop with this trend? Do we never stop? By "trend" I point to various things being considered unacceptable by a half-century-ago's standards that are now being "legalized". Again, nothing against anyone. BUT. Marijuana? Sure. LSD? Is that next? We'd like to say "obviously they won't legalize murder" -- and you're undoubtedly right. But there will be things that we consider "taboo" in today's society that will be reversed in the future. What will that be, I wonder? Streaking? Dunno. Public indecency? Hmm.

Food for thought, folks.

Yo don't hate on acid that stuff if tight. Non-addictive, epic psychedelic experiences. I wouldn't be surprised if they legalized pot, shrooms, and LSD. I wouldn't mind public indecency as long as they made the condition where only hot girls are allowed to abuse it.

Pedophilia is nasty af that ish shouldn't be legalized.

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

#33 2015-07-04 05:24:56

blizzard

Xfrogman43 wrote:
Anak wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:
Itsmeandersonlol wrote:

Let's just hope polygamy won't become a thing as a result...

what's wrong with polygamy?

Bible.

I don't see anything wrong with polyamory as long as it's all agreed to/known by everyone. Otherwise it's just cheating.

Why are you bringing the bible into this? Not everybody is religious or has the same beliefs as you... Like me
I don't see anything wrong with being gay or polygamy or whatever. Just let people love whoever they want to and leave them be.
It's their fault if they mess something up. A human is only a human.

Why can't he? People that posted before have expressed their opinion on gay marriage, why can't he express his? Or are you just double standard and only wanna hear opinions that line up with yours.

#34 2015-07-04 15:29:31, last edited by Anak (2015-07-04 15:29:49)

Anak

blizzard wrote:
Xfrogman43 wrote:
Anak wrote:

Bible.

I don't see anything wrong with polyamory as long as it's all agreed to/known by everyone. Otherwise it's just cheating.

Why are you bringing the bible into this? Not everybody is religious or has the same beliefs as you... Like me
I don't see anything wrong with being gay or polygamy or whatever. Just let people love whoever they want to and leave them be.

Why can't he? People that posted before have expressed their opinion on gay marriage, why can't he express his? Or are you just double standard and only wanna hear opinions that line up with yours.

The
The bible has nothing to do with my opinion

Wooted by:

#35 2015-07-04 16:13:03, last edited by blizzard (2015-07-04 17:38:33)

blizzard

Anak wrote:
blizzard wrote:
Xfrogman43 wrote:
Anak wrote:

Bible.

The
The bible has nothing to do with my opinion

Then it doesn't really matter. He's still being the typical supporter.
Almost every gay/supporter doesn't want to be judged and wants equality for their opinion, yet when someone like me says we merely don't agree, we are discriminators and homophobics.

#36 2015-07-04 17:53:24, last edited by Xfrogman43 (2015-07-04 17:53:43)

Xfrogman43

blizzard wrote:

Almost every gay/supporter doesn't want to be judged and wants equality for their opinion, yet when someone like me says we merely don't agree, we are discriminators and homophobics.

Give an example, I have only heard this when people say "Gays did this", "Gays ruin everything", etc.

I honestly don't know why people don't like gay other people.
-They are people just like you and me.
-They are not you so why should you care?
-They haven't done anything wrong except give rights to themselves, which you selfish people took away for no reason.
How would you like it if somebody took a right away from non-gay people? How would you feel then?

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#37 2015-07-04 21:16:10

blizzard

Xfrogman43 wrote:
blizzard wrote:

Give an example, I have only heard this when people say "Gays did this", "Gays ruin everything", etc.

I honestly don't know why people don't like gay other people.
-They are people just like you and me.
-They are not you so why should you care?
-They haven't done anything wrong except give rights to themselves, which you selfish people took away for no reason.
How would you like it if somebody took a right away from non-gay people? How would you feel then?

There are tons of examples which I cannot give because they are on the internet. However, all you need is a form of social media and a good pair of glasses and you'll see it.
1. Yes, they are people. They have a right to their own opinion, just don't jam it down our throats or throw a tantrum when we don't agree.
2. There is a famous battle in American history at "Iwo Jima". About 26k American Marines died. There is a famous picture of 4 American soldiers raising a flag there. Now, after the gays won their rights, they "re-created" this event, instead holding up a rainbow flag instead of an American flag. Any other group(except maybe the democrats) would've been called disrespectful haters.

None of my business? The Supreme Court in Oklahoma just ordered the removal of a statue of the Ten Commandments in Oklahoma. However, in Washington, the state just painted crosswalks in rainbow in honor of the gays. Equality for all! Says America.

3. Although I find what they do wrong in my personal opinion, I won't bring that up. However, I pretty much answered this in the last 2 questions. Also, we never took anything away. Throughout all of History, marriage has been between a man and a woman. If we all turned gay, we would all die out.

#38 2015-07-04 21:24:11

Anak

blizzard wrote:

There are tons of examples which I cannot give because they are on the internet. However, all you need is a form of social media and a good pair of glasses and you'll see it.
1. Yes, they are people. They have a right to their own opinion, just don't jam it down our throats or throw a tantrum when we don't agree.
2. There is a famous battle in American history at "Iwo Jima". About 26k American Marines died. There is a famous picture of 4 American soldiers raising a flag there. Now, after the gays won their rights, they "re-created" this event, instead holding up a rainbow flag instead of an American flag. Any other group(except maybe the democrats) would've been called disrespectful haters.

None of my business? The Supreme Court in Oklahoma just ordered the removal of a statue of the Ten Commandments in Oklahoma. However, in Washington, the state just painted crosswalks in rainbow in honor of the gays. Equality for all! Says America.

3. Although I find what they do wrong in my personal opinion, I won't bring that up. However, I pretty much answered this in the last 2 questions. Also, we never took anything away. Throughout all of History, marriage has been between a man and a woman. If we all turned gay, we would all die out.

What you call "jamming it down our throats" is what we calling representation. All you straight people will get a little antsy when you see one gay couple out of the 99.9% of straight couples on TV. When you see just one ounce that isn't "the norm", you say it's too much and that we're shoving it in your face. Even now, with equal marriage in all 50 states, the majority of people represented in media are straight. It's not too much to ask for some representation of us, which will educate people on us.

What does this recreation have to do with anything? We're celebrating pride. Sure, maybe that was a poor choice of recreation.
What do the ten commandments have to do with anything either?

Have you heard of surrogacy? Adoption? We even have 3-person babies in this country, where the cells from, say, a same-sex couple are taken, and cells from another person of the opposite gender are taken, so that an embryo can form and etc. to have the DNA of the same-sex couple in their child. There's so much science going on and all of that which enables more people to have kids. If everyone were gay, we wouldn't die out. We have so much we can do to keep the human race going.

Wooted by:

#39 2015-07-04 21:26:04

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

blizzard wrote:

the gays

no

blizzard wrote:

after the gays won their rights

"On June 26, photographer Ed Freeman posted a picture he took more than a decade ago"
please note "decade ago"

blizzard wrote:

removal of a statue of the Ten Commandments in Oklahoma

"from the capitol building because it violates the state's constitutional ban against the use of public funds or property to benefit a religion

have you ever heard of "separation of church and state"

blizzard wrote:

Throughout all of History, marriage has been between a man and a woman

nah
Among the Romans, there were instances of same-sex marriages being performed...

blizzard wrote:

If we all turned gay

you can't turn gay

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#40 2015-07-04 21:31:19

rgl32

blizzard wrote:

They have a right to their own opinion, just don't jam it down our throats or throw a tantrum when we don't agree.

This right here is the only thing people really need to consider with things like this. Learn respect for others, regardless if you agree, and that means both sides. I have seen both sides here just blatantly calling others out just because they don't agree without taking anything into consideration.

With topics like these, people just tend to look at black and white, either you are with it, or you are against it. This typically just ends in people taking it to heart and no actual discussion going on without one, or both sides just accusing others of being something that you have no idea of who they actually are.

Wooted by:

#41 2015-07-04 21:47:45

Anak

rgl32 wrote:
blizzard wrote:

They have a right to their own opinion, just don't jam it down our throats or throw a tantrum when we don't agree.

This right here is the only thing people really need to consider with things like this. Learn respect for others, regardless if you agree, and that means both sides. I have seen both sides here just blatantly calling others out just because they don't agree without taking anything into consideration.

With topics like these, people just tend to look at black and white, either you are with it, or you are against it. This typically just ends in people taking it to heart and no actual discussion going on without one, or both sides just accusing others of being something that you have no idea of who they actually are.

The thing is, if you "don't mind gay people having rights", but you don't want us to "shove it in your face" or you "personally dont' agree with what gay people do", that is discrimination.
There's this thing called internalised homophobia. Because of so many years and generation of discriminating against us, even if you say you don't mind us having rights, you can still say discriminative things about us. Things like "don't shove your sexuality down our throats" and "I don't like seeing two men kissing" and "that's inappropriate for kids" are examples of internalised homophobia. You can go "woohoo, gay people can get married!" but you're still saying things that aren't treating us as equal to you.
Seriously, just trust us when we're saying that you're being homophobic. It's so much easier, and better, than just to keep being so closed-minded and arguing. If we're telling you that you're being homophobic, you probably are.

#42 2015-07-04 22:00:02

rgl32

Anak wrote:

just trust us when we're saying that you're being homophobic.

rgl32 wrote:

people just tend to look at black and white, either you are with it, or you are against it. This typically just ends in people taking it to heart

I knew something like this was going to be said. I respect your stance on this, and know it's something passionate to you, but that does not mean you can say people that people are being homophobic without getting evidence on that person. Taking this forum for example, it is full of kids, so you have take a lot of thought about 2 things (and more), their parents, and the place they grew up in. They may not have enough experience to make a stance on it, yet I saw a few posts just pointing them out without much else. This is an extremely touchy issue, and I merely said to take things into consideration and respect before calling people out, now, if you want to inform people about things that's a completely different issue and I agree with informing people.

Wooted by: (2)

#43 2015-07-04 22:03:53

Anak

rgl32 wrote:
Anak wrote:

just trust us when we're saying that you're being homophobic.

rgl32 wrote:

people just tend to look at black and white, either you are with it, or you are against it. This typically just ends in people taking it to heart

I knew something like this was going to be said. I respect your stance on this, and know it's something passionate to you, but that does not mean you can say people that people are being homophobic without getting evidence on that person. Taking this forum for example, it is full of kids, so you have take a lot of thought about 2 things (and more), their parents, and the place they grew up in. They may not have enough experience to make a stance on it, yet I saw a few posts just pointing them out without much else. This is an extremely touchy issue, and I merely said to take things into consideration and respect before calling people out, now, if you want to inform people about things that's a completely different issue and I agree with informing people.

Sorry if I'm being rude rather than informing/educating you.
When everyone around you tends to be homophobic and then completely and utterly disrespectful to you when you explain it nicely to them, you tend to be like that though. (And that's what quite a few people on this forum have been)

#44 2015-07-04 22:05:09

blizzard

Zoey2070 wrote:
blizzard wrote:

the gays

no

blizzard wrote:

after the gays won their rights

"On June 26, photographer Ed Freeman posted a picture he took more than a decade ago"
please note "decade ago"

blizzard wrote:

removal of a statue of the Ten Commandments in Oklahoma

"from the capitol building because it violates the state's constitutional ban against the use of public funds or property to benefit a religion

have you ever heard of "separation of church and state"

blizzard wrote:

Throughout all of History, marriage has been between a man and a woman

nah
Among the Romans, there were instances of same-sex marriages being performed...

blizzard wrote:

If we all turned gay

you can't turn gay

Somehow, I knew you'd get involved.

What difference does it make if it was 10 years ago or 1 day ago?

You have a point there, however, you don't see any government figures fighting for our rights.
So, basically we can have marriage come up in the state but not religion?

I seriously hope you know what I mean. How do you think any of those Romans were born?

You can't turn gay? So many liars out there then //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad. Read a story once where a man was married to a woman, divorced her, and married a man.

Anak wrote:
rgl32 wrote:
blizzard wrote:

The thing is, if you "don't mind gay people having rights", but you don't want us to "shove it in your face" or you "personally dont' agree with what gay people do", that is discrimination.
There's this thing called internalised homophobia. Because of so many years and generation of discriminating against us, even if you say you don't mind us having rights, you can still say discriminative things about us. Things like "don't shove your sexuality down our throats" and "I don't like seeing two men kissing" and "that's inappropriate for kids" are examples of internalised homophobia. You can go "woohoo, gay people can get married!" but you're still saying things that aren't treating us as equal to you.
Seriously, just trust us when we're saying that you're being homophobic. It's so much easier, and better, than just to keep being so closed-minded and arguing. If we're telling you that you're being homophobic, you probably are.

Technically, you don't agree with my opinion, so that means you have a phobia of me, right?
Seriously bro, lamest thing I've heard in weeks.

#45 2015-07-04 22:08:39

Anak

blizzard wrote:

Technically, you don't agree with my opinion, so that means you have a phobia of me, right?

How did you know??????????????/ I do have a phobia of you. I'm afraid that you're not allowed to get married, or be talked about in front of children (because that would be inappropriate), or have equal rights. sorryyyyyy //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad it's just my "personal opinion" i'm sure u'll understand

Wooted by:

#46 2015-07-04 22:11:10, last edited by blizzard (2015-07-04 22:11:54)

blizzard

Anak wrote:
blizzard wrote:

How did you know??????????????/ I do have a phobia of you. I'm afraid that you're not allowed to get married, or be talked about in front of children (because that would be inappropriate), or have equal rights. sorryyyyyy //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad it's just my "personal opinion" i'm sure u'll understand

I seriously feel bad when other people don't know what to say and have to come up with random ideas instead.

#47 2015-07-04 22:13:38

Anak

blizzard wrote:
Anak wrote:
blizzard wrote:

I seriously feel bad when other people don't know what to say and have to come up with random ideas instead.

And I seriously feel bad when people are so dense that they have no comprehension of what I'm telling them so clearly.
Lmao you could have avoided all this if you didn't post your clever little comment.

#48 2015-07-04 22:15:01, last edited by Different55 (2015-07-04 22:16:33)

Different55
Forum Admin

Anak wrote:

What did I just read. It's not discrimination to disagree with someone. blizzard was just stating his opinion, he never said that he had the slightest intention of forcing that opinion on someone else or even acting on it, but you're trying to tear him apart over it, and telling him he's "discriminating" against you. What.

EDIT: Wow I got ninja'd hard. And it looks like it went downhill fast.

EDIT2: Okay this probably should have stopped 5 posts ago. WOW that went downhill fast.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#49 2015-07-04 22:16:45

rgl32

Anak wrote:

When everyone around you tends to be homophobic and then completely and utterly disrespectful to you when you explain it nicely to them, you tend to be like that though. (And that's what quite a few people on this forum have been)

I agree with this. Notice how I said both sides on that post a little above, I am not ignoring the other side, and didn't want to sway it in any way whatsoever.

this is for everybody, not just for one person or one side. if you respect others without getting too hot-headed, discussions can actually benefit both sides, and learn things about each other and the others sides thoughts without resorting to quick jabs at the other side.

I hate how 90% of arguments end up like this (especially on the internet), there are some very interesting things people could say, but it always ends with someone, or multiple people getting angry and removing the actual discussion that could be going on.

Wooted by:

#50 2015-07-04 22:17:40

blizzard

Anak wrote:
blizzard wrote:
Anak wrote:
blizzard wrote:

And I seriously feel bad when people are so dense that they have no comprehension of what I'm telling them so clearly.
Lmao you could have avoided all this if you didn't post your clever little comment.

I'm not trying to avoid it. This is the EE community and this thread is open to the public, so I have stated my opinion. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings in any way.
But my point has been proven by your comments, and I thank you. Gay/supporters cannot handle other people's opinions.

Creature1437142105522330

Board footer