Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 Before February 2015

Glitcherkid

Re: The Mysterious Blocks

catking00 wrote:

how do you get into the files? i would like to see all the physics and such there. also if i get bored poke around the new bricks...

I keep wondering the same thing! I have tried right clicking the game screen, downloading the game and trying to open it in flash, but nothing works! HELP!

PaNFnqB.png

#27 Before February 2015

Jojatekok

Glitcherkid wrote:
catking00 wrote:

how do you get into the files? i would like to see all the physics and such there. also if i get bored poke around the new bricks...

I keep wondering the same thing! I have tried right clicking the game screen, downloading the game and trying to open it in flash, but nothing works! HELP!

Open it with 'Sothink SWF Decompiler'! Yn8I7.png

#28 Before February 2015

Glitcherkid

Thank you! Is it for Mac or Pc? *hopefully mac*   and can someone post a video of their findings in the files?

PaNFnqB.png

#29 Before February 2015

EDJ

I think the first item looks like a one way door (like in the ghost houses from mario)
Other two seems to be water //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile
Chris said a couple of months ago   that the game would crash if he tried to make water so I hope it works better now //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#30 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

I recognize the plank from Chris's early alpha build of the backgrounds, not much else to say about it.

The other ones are completely unknown to me. Might have been assets left over from testing sky backdrops. They will most likely never be released.

#31 Before February 2015

Bimps

EDJ wrote:

I think the first item looks like a one way door (like in the ghost houses from mario)
Other two seems to be water //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile
Chris said a couple of months ago   that the game would crash if he tried to make water so I hope it works better now //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Cool.
Hey, is that peter the real one? He has Sbeam in his siggy, though he might be framing him.

#32 Before February 2015

Wezza

Hmm oke. But the plank looks like a sign to me. It might be like when you touch it it pops up the text, not that you can see it from a distance.

#33 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

eh maybe but these don't look to great they need improvement big time //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

#34 Before February 2015

Processor

Saw this yesterday.... I remember seeing 4 blocks...

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#35 Before February 2015

sbeam

The real Peter here a.k.a. sbeam.

First, someone got to the forums before me, and created a fake user trying to impersonate me.

Second, nice finding Jojatekok. Yes, i was playing with the idea of water when i made the new background layer, and did not remove my test graphic. The problem is that the decorations are still in the same layer as foreground blocks, so you could not put gravity dots behind to water to get the floating effect. It would require environment modifiers, e.g. that all bricks had some sort of modifier property that it could add to the player. Slippery surfaces, sand that you get stuck in, etc. and that requires a bit more code.

Digitally yours,

Peter

#36 Before February 2015

Sk8erboi108

Hi peter!

#37 Before February 2015

MRBOOGAWESOME

Welcome peter be sure to read the rules we dont want the mods to be giving you warnings.

Lol, jk.

#38 Before February 2015

Bimps

Pete, Maybe you could add the effects of the dot to the water, it would be close enough.

#39 Before February 2015

SmittyW

Well sbeam, hopefully you'll be on the forums more than Chris to help improve game mechanics and such. So the water block is only an image and doesn't have any physical effect in the alpha test yet?

#40 Before February 2015

Bimps

SmittyW. wrote:

Well sbeam, hopefully you'll be on the forums more than Chris to help improve game mechanics and such. So the water block is only an image and doesn't have any physical effect in the alpha test yet?

You beat me D:<

#41 Before February 2015

rob1nfly

sbeam wrote:

The real Peter here a.k.a. sbeam.

First, someone got to the forums before me, and created a fake user trying to impersonate me.

Second, nice finding Jojatekok. Yes, i was playing with the idea of water when i made the new background layer, and did not remove my test graphic. The problem is that the decorations are still in the same layer as foreground blocks, so you could not put gravity dots behind to water to get the floating effect. It would require environment modifiers, e.g. that all bricks had some sort of modifier property that it could add to the player. Slippery surfaces, sand that you get stuck in, etc. and that requires a bit more code.

Digitally yours,

Peter

Will you visit the forums more than Chris? On topic: So they'll never be released?

#42 Before February 2015

capasha

Forgot those ones. missedy.png

#43 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

Lol, looked again... everything was removed other than that plank (I thought it was a sign at first.. oh well.) Oh, and Hi Peter; I hope your updates aren't utterly useless!

Last edited by ?tilla (Jul 31 2011 2:25:03 pm)

signature.png
*u stinky*

#44 Before February 2015

Brad

Wait, what are those?

#45 Before February 2015

Brad

Also, you can see the half block in this level: http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWI7wFxP9Ra0I

#46 Before February 2015

moundsy

guys they are in one of benjamins rooms now just go find them if you want to see them so bad

#47 Before February 2015

correiajoao

Brad, dont make double post! Is against the rules! :/

You have a edit button... //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#48 Before February 2015

Brad

correiajoao wrote:

I don't really understand why double posts are such a big deal.

#49 Before February 2015

Onjit
Website

Brad wrote:
correiajoao wrote:

I don't really understand why double posts are such a big deal.

Double posts clog up the forums with useless posts, when you can use the "Edit" link on the bottom right of your posts to add any more notes/messages/etc.

:.|:;

#50 Before February 2015

Processor

FIENDISHLLAMA wrote:

Double posts clog up the forums with useless posts, when you can use the "Edit" link on the bottom right of your posts to add any more notes/messages/etc.

And do not minimod.

BTW. i think there is a way to place those blocks in the game... *starts testing*

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

Jojatekok 142388023181201

Board footer