Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Advertisement

Hello, visitor! These forums are run off of the revenue generated from these ads. If you'd like to support us, please whitelist us or consider donating:

#1 2015-06-13 22:06:50

Nou
EE Admin
Registered: 2015-02-24
Posts: 2,719

The EE staff, their roles, their vision.

After my departure, it's up to the new team to define their own method.

Last edited by Nou (2017-03-13 19:37:32)


No u.

Offline

#2 2015-06-13 22:20:08

Insanity
Banned
From: Douchebag Island
Registered: 2015-03-07
Posts: 1,034

Re: The EE staff, their roles, their vision.

das it mane

Last edited by Insanity (2015-12-15 17:30:45)


Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

Offline

#3 2015-06-13 22:20:44

Killerthegreat
Member
From: Chile
Registered: 2015-02-18
Posts: 90

Re: The EE staff, their roles, their vision.

... Are people still drivleing about the "can I bii a mod?" question?" Anyway I can't remember the old EE that well anyway. cool

Offline

Wooted by:

#4 2015-06-13 22:38:21

Anch
Member
Registered: 2015-02-16
Posts: 5,432

Re: The EE staff, their roles, their vision.

Nou wrote:

no-life hardcore players.

Thats me.


Hi.

Offline

#5 2015-06-13 22:41:05

Ben
Member
Registered: 2015-02-17
Posts: 690

Re: The EE staff, their roles, their vision.

Would you get rid of those useless moderators already? For god's sake, they don't do any good to this game apart from **** everyone off..

Also, it sounds like you're whining about doing this job in your free time.. Stop mentioning this in every other post, if you don't wanna do this job don't do it, you chose it in the first place.

Best regards.


2942w0n.png
_____________________________

► Hot Vision Blockers ► Trending Diamond Pack | Modern UI Design

Offline

Wooted by:

#6 2015-06-13 22:43:10

funpersono0
Member
From: U.S.A.
Registered: 2015-02-15
Posts: 16

Re: The EE staff, their roles, their vision.

Wait, is everyone on the EE staff a guy? Or is there at least one girl?


hi peoples! (I'm a girl.)

Offline

Wooted by:

#7 2015-06-13 22:44:51

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Registered: 2015-02-15
Posts: 1,070
Website

Re: The EE staff, their roles, their vision.

funpersono0 wrote:

Wait, is everyone on the EE staff a guy? Or is there at least one girl?

all of them are boys, why does it matter?

Offline

#8 2015-06-13 22:44:58

Anak
Member
Registered: 2015-02-18
Posts: 1,757

Re: The EE staff, their roles, their vision.

funpersono0 wrote:

Wait, is everyone on the EE staff a guy? Or is there at least one girl?

Zoey2020's a girl but she's only forum staff.
I never noticed that before. Huh.

Offline

Wooted by:

#9 2015-06-13 22:45:27

Anch
Member
Registered: 2015-02-16
Posts: 5,432

Re: The EE staff, their roles, their vision.

Tomkazaz wrote:

Would you get rid of those useless moderators already? For god's sake, they don't do any good to this game apart from **** everyone off..

Also, it sounds like you're whining about doing this job in your free time.. Stop mentioning this in every other post, if you don't wanna do this job don't do it, you chose it in the first place.

Best regards.

How does it sound like he's whining? Nou is probably one of the more serious developers of the game, and in this case he listened to the community and responded to them. It seems like he likes his job and takes it seriously, which is the reason why he made this topic.
If you haven't noticed, all of the update topics were created by Nou, and they're really long and in-depth which shows the effort he puts in them.


Hi.

Offline

Wooted by:

#10 2015-06-13 22:54:49

Ben
Member
Registered: 2015-02-17
Posts: 690

Re: The EE staff, their roles, their vision.

anch159 wrote:
Tomkazaz wrote:

Would you get rid of those useless moderators already? For god's sake, they don't do any good to this game apart from **** everyone off..

Also, it sounds like you're whining about doing this job in your free time.. Stop mentioning this in every other post, if you don't wanna do this job don't do it, you chose it in the first place.

Best regards.

How does it sound like he's whining? Nou is probably one of the more serious developers of the game, and in this case he listened to the community and responded to them. It seems like he likes his job and takes it seriously, which is the reason why he made this topic.
If you haven't noticed, all of the update topics were created by Nou, and they're really long and in-depth which shows the effort he puts in them.

I meant the staff as a whole


2942w0n.png
_____________________________

► Hot Vision Blockers ► Trending Diamond Pack | Modern UI Design

Offline

Wooted by:

#11 2015-06-13 23:24:02

Evilbunny
Member
From: The bottom of my heart
Registered: 2015-02-25
Posts: 1,107

Re: The EE staff, their roles, their vision.

Good, calling you guys "Guardians" felt very silly.
I noticed that you didn't mention anything about secret Moderators, and I was wondering if there are any.
Also, who handles the legal things like copyright? Does NVD hire somebody?


Evilbunny (in cursive)

Offline

Wooted by:

#12 2015-06-13 23:44:24

Srna
Member
Registered: 2015-02-26
Posts: 227

Re: The EE staff, their roles, their vision.

Nou wrote:

Function: Function:  XJEEX, like CJMAEDER, his primary role as a developer is mostly behind the scenes; his focus is on in-game UI development and he also works on the client and server.

U can delete one Function:
wink


QXeCn0B.gif

Offline

#13 2015-06-14 00:58:19

HG
Member
Registered: 2015-02-18
Posts: 1,183
Website

Re: The EE staff, their roles, their vision.

Well, i'll start making a client with a better UI, then i'll make a development server where i can work with all the EE system, and finally, give this work to the EE staff.
That's my way to ask "How to become a mod?"

NOTE: It's just my way to ask what i said above.


A new tower has been released.
Check it out!

Offline

#14 2015-06-14 02:27:22

Yandax
Member
From: Where ever I need to be.
Registered: 2015-02-21
Posts: 655

Re: The EE staff, their roles, their vision.

Something told me that Toop wouldn't give his age.


Pretend I didn't exist until now

All hail me, the king of insensitive jerks

Woot if you hate me

Offline

Wooted by:

#15 2015-06-14 03:28:41

BEE
Member
Registered: 2015-03-14
Posts: 1,622

Re: The EE staff, their roles, their vision.

Anak wrote:
funpersono0 wrote:

Wait, is everyone on the EE staff a guy? Or is there at least one girl?

Zoey2020's a girl but she's only forum staff.
I never noticed that before. Huh.

It's not unusual to have an entire staff of males because it is a male dominated world online.

Since EE is gender neutral, I don't see it being an issue, and believe me, I would say something if it did become one smile


Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

Offline

#16 2015-06-14 04:22:49

MrJaWapa
Member
From: United States
Registered: 2015-02-15
Posts: 3,895
Website

Re: The EE staff, their roles, their vision.

We're not complaining about working on the game in our free time.  Just trying to make it clear to those who complain about updates not coming every three days, or one of us not making an appearance for a few days, etc.


ce587bf7.png

Offline

Wooted by:

#17 2015-06-14 05:08:31

Era
Member
From: :::::1
Registered: 2015-05-06
Posts: 770

Re: The EE staff, their roles, their vision.

Please fix the yellow , cant read it withotu higlighting it


~FreeBSD user
~Debian user

Offline

#18 2015-06-14 09:30:53

Kira
Banned
Registered: 2015-04-04
Posts: 799

Re: The EE staff, their roles, their vision.

Am I the only who thinks that 1/2 of the staff is useless?


I like to sing, dance, pretend annnnnnnnnnnnnd... www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-sgw9bPV4A

Offline

Wooted by:

#19 2015-06-14 11:54:37

starblinky
Member
Registered: 2015-06-14
Posts: 1

Re: The EE staff, their roles, their vision.

You guys are seriously doing a great job smile
So what happened to Chris Benjaminsen? And are you guys making any money off the game?

The change in potions was brilliant by the way, it makes the world of difference when having fun is the focus of development rather than making money. I can already tell EE is in very good hands.

I really only have 1 thing to ask of you guys.. There are so many amazing levels made by the users on EE but it's almost impossible to find any of them. The featured levels tab has been a joke since it was created, it was a good idea but wasn't fleshed out enough.
We need to be able to heart (bookmark) levels to play later. And also be able to sort through all the levels in your database by different preferences like woots, plays and most hearted. I feel like you could just get rid of woots all together and just change it to hearts (bookmarks). Then have everyone's bookmarks public so you can view other peoples favorite levels, just make sure you can't favorite your own levels to stop people from trying to milk extra level plays and polluting the hearted library.

cool  Dooo it! smile

Offline

#20 2015-06-14 12:10:35

tak4n
Member
Registered: 2015-02-17
Posts: 1,882

Re: The EE staff, their roles, their vision.

starblinky wrote:

You guys are seriously doing a great job smile
So what happened to Chris Benjaminsen? And are you guys making any money off the game?

The change in potions was brilliant by the way, it makes the world of difference when having fun is the focus of development rather than making money. I can already tell EE is in very good hands.

I really only have 1 thing to ask of you guys.. There are so many amazing levels made by the users on EE but it's almost impossible to find any of them. The featured levels tab has been a joke since it was created, it was a good idea but wasn't fleshed out enough.
We need to be able to heart (bookmark) levels to play later. And also be able to sort through all the levels in your database by different preferences like woots, plays and most hearted. I feel like you could just get rid of woots all together and just change it to hearts (bookmarks). Then have everyone's bookmarks public so you can view other peoples favorite levels, just make sure you can't favorite your own levels to stop people from trying to milk extra level plays and polluting the hearted library.

cool  Dooo it! smile

I don't know who the f you are, but I like what you have to say.

Woot system can be worked on to make it better, also I find it a great idea to be able to see which levels you have wooted to be able to play them again. EE shouldn't be a world popularity contest, worlds should be sorted by unique woots rather than total woots. Idk about seeing other levels other people have wooted, but I guess that could work in some way.


signature3_zpsttrhtmyh.png

Offline

Wooted by:

#21 2015-06-14 12:24:07

0176
Member
From: Brazil
Registered: 2015-02-15
Posts: 3,139

Re: The EE staff, their roles, their vision.

Now this is some A-level transparency. It was a great idea to create this thread, it clears a lot of things up smile

Offline

Wooted by:

#22 2015-06-14 12:26:41

Nou
EE Admin
Registered: 2015-02-24
Posts: 2,719

Re: The EE staff, their roles, their vision.

Tomkazaz wrote:

Would you get rid of those useless moderators already? For god's sake, they don't do any good to this game apart from **** everyone off..

Also, it sounds like you're whining about doing this job in your free time.. Stop mentioning this in every other post, if you don't wanna do this job don't do it, you chose it in the first place.

Best regards.

What we expect from you

• Feedback
We expect you to be critical towards what we do, but remain respectful.  We want you to say if you disagree with things; being critical is a good thing. However, the EE community is one that takes the game to heart and often finds it easy to release a burst of anger because there was a change they didn't agree with. Disagreeing is fine, we're wrong sometimes, and we want to know this, but if you don't provide and constructive feedback and just insult us, it's not going to help.

Thanks for showing exactly what I mean. You're not being constructive in any way. If there's an issue, communicate this so stuff can be resolved. The staff isn't untouchable and you won't get banned for speaking out against us or anything (if it does happen throw a post on the forum exposing them).
Concerning the free time "whining": I love working on EE, I really do, but many people didn't  (or don't) realize that it actually is work rather than just flopping our epeen around and that it therefore takes time before stuff is done. While I'm sure you realize this, not everyone does.

Srna wrote:
Nou wrote:

Function: Function:  XJEEX, like CJMAEDER, his primary role as a developer is mostly behind the scenes; his focus is on in-game UI development and he also works on the client and server.

U can delete one Function:
wink

Herp, lack of proofreading tongue

Kiran wrote:

Am I the only who thinks that 1/2 of the staff is useless?

Nope you're not. But then again most people don't know what goes on behind the scenes.

starblinky wrote:

You guys are seriously doing a great job smile
So what happened to Chris Benjaminsen? And are you guys making any money off the game?

The change in potions was brilliant by the way, it makes the world of difference when having fun is the focus of development rather than making money. I can already tell EE is in very good hands.

I really only have 1 thing to ask of you guys.. There are so many amazing levels made by the users on EE but it's almost impossible to find any of them. The featured levels tab has been a joke since it was created, it was a good idea but wasn't fleshed out enough.
We need to be able to heart (bookmark) levels to play later. And also be able to sort through all the levels in your database by different preferences like woots, plays and most hearted. I feel like you could just get rid of woots all together and just change it to hearts (bookmarks). Then have everyone's bookmarks public so you can view other peoples favorite levels, just make sure you can't favorite your own levels to stop people from trying to milk extra level plays and polluting the hearted library.

cool  Dooo it! smile

We have some major plans for this, stand by wink


No u.

Offline

#23 2015-06-14 12:45:37

Dbear
Member
From: rags to riches
Registered: 2015-03-15
Posts: 313

Re: The EE staff, their roles, their vision.

Jawapa's 16? Hm, suddenly the racism doesn't seem all that surprising. I'd think he'd grow out of it, but his ilk typically don't.


Please, call me Danni.
NNID: DanniDearest
MK8 or Splatoon, brah.
EOnu2OZ.png

Offline

Wooted by:

#24 2015-06-14 12:52:58

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Registered: 2015-02-15
Posts: 1,070
Website

Re: The EE staff, their roles, their vision.

starblinky wrote:

You guys are seriously doing a great job smile
So what happened to Chris Benjaminsen? And are you guys making any money off the game?

The change in potions was brilliant by the way, it makes the world of difference when having fun is the focus of development rather than making money. I can already tell EE is in very good hands.

I really only have 1 thing to ask of you guys.. There are so many amazing levels made by the users on EE but it's almost impossible to find any of them. The featured levels tab has been a joke since it was created, it was a good idea but wasn't fleshed out enough.
We need to be able to heart (bookmark) levels to play later. And also be able to sort through all the levels in your database by different preferences like woots, plays and most hearted. I feel like you could just get rid of woots all together and just change it to hearts (bookmarks). Then have everyone's bookmarks public so you can view other peoples favorite levels, just make sure you can't favorite your own levels to stop people from trying to milk extra level plays and polluting the hearted library.

cool  Dooo it! smile

Welcome back Starblinky,

Yahoo bought Player.io and therefore Benjaminsen went to work to yahoo, now he has made a videogames company as you can see in his blog

Offline

Wooted by:

#25 2015-06-14 13:11:45

Ben
Member
Registered: 2015-02-17
Posts: 690

Re: The EE staff, their roles, their vision.

Kiran wrote:

Am I the only who thinks that 1/2 of the staff is useless?

NO YOU ARE NOT. Finally someone with common sense..

They must abolish the guardian establishment.


2942w0n.png
_____________________________

► Hot Vision Blockers ► Trending Diamond Pack | Modern UI Design

Offline

DarkComet1489694868651063

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1490855667.0572 - Generated in 0.073 seconds, 10 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.49 MiB (Peak: 1.77 MiB) ]