Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 Before February 2015

Calicara

Re: My View on EE and Rules

wmaster wrote:

There doesn't need to be a TOS, but I do agree that it would be... poor form... for admins to ban someone for breaking invisible rules. It's good business to have everything laid out beforehand.

Treat it like a legally-binding contract. Most people don't read contracts before they sign them, so they'll miss the small print that says they can be fined or their services terminated for voiding the contract, and they can complain all they want about being terminated, but ignorance of the law is not an excuse for breaking it.

Basically, what I'm saying is, this site doesn't even need to exist and we don't need to be using these services, but having a TOS that admins can at least refer to after the fact is respectable business-keeping.

Which is pretty much why we need a TOS. It's not good business sense to ban people when there are no rules. You can not justify the banning of an account if there are no rules. So the main reason we need a TOS is to make the game fair, to say that there is a reason to ban an account, because honestly some people abuse their account to much and get away with it.

@Demango: I don't really agree with your banning policies, because two chances should be more than enough. You should never abuse your account in the first place, and if you get banned and abuse it again you should be perma-banned, because if you can't learn to respect other people after your first ban you clearly aren't going to learn anytime soon.

#27 Before February 2015

demango

[/not_thinking]

...actually, now that I think about it, you're right. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#28 Before February 2015

Calicara

demango wrote:

[/not_thinking]

...actually, now that I think about it, you're right. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

I mean I'm glad you are a nice person and all, but from my experiences in game some people just don't change even after they get banned //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#29 Before February 2015

dol257

I totally agree with you!

#30 Before February 2015

Calicara

Thanks Dol ^_^

Calicara 142388324378189

Board footer